Best RB in the AFCE | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best RB in the AFCE

do you ever get the feeling that a player on your team, would be a probowler if he was on another team?

thats the way i look at willis. i see other bum RBs breaking long runs and gaining 100+ yards a game. then i look at willis and see a player who should be a probowl player but is being held back by below average blocking.

its just frustrating, knowing that your team has a player with that kind of ability but is not allowed to show it.

I say Willis is the best in the AFC East based on his ability and what he does for the Bills.

Brown is second based on his ability and what he brings to the Fins. and watching him play i can see he has skills, but i do not feel that his is superior to willis, so hes at #2.

I say Maroney is 3rd. he has very good numbers but i feel that its because of his team, blocking, and type of offense.

4th is whoever the jets main RB is by default. I am tempted to put A-Train as 4th, but i wont for this discussion.

ch19079 said:
do you ever get the feeling that a player on your team, would be a probowler if he was on another team?

thats the way i look at willis. i see other bum RBs breaking long runs and gaining 100+ yards a game. then i look at willis and see a player who should be a probowl player but is being held back by below average blocking.

its just frustrating, knowing that your team has a player with that kind of ability but is not allowed to show it.

I say Willis is the best in the AFC East based on his ability and what he does for the Bills.

Brown is second based on his ability and what he brings to the Fins. and watching him play i can see he has skills, but i do not feel that his is superior to willis, so hes at #2.

I still can't understand why Bills fans rank McGahee ahead of Brown (other than because he is a Bill). Brown has more yards, higher YPC, more TDs, more receptions, and is a better blocker. He is a better receiver. He is harder to tackle, faster, and is an unselfish player. What else is there? I can't think of one thing that McGahee clearly does better than Brown. I think Brown does EVERYTHING just a little bit better than McGahee. Not a lot, but still better.

Neither has done enough to rank among the league's best. Whether that is talent or lack of support is open to debate.

Whitner20 said:
1) Willis

What 'chu talkin 'bout?

when he says he's the best running back in the league and runs for 26 yards against the chargers, somethings wrong.

it was against the chargers, but still. the best rb in the league would have more than 26 yards

I would take Ronnie Brown over Willus McG on any days that end in Y.

As of right now, i would have to say Dillion is the best back in the AFC East right now, due to his production.

and see a player who should be a probowl player but is being held back by below average blocking.

I see the same thing in Ronnie Brown.

And the mental midgets on the main board bash him and say **** like "he can't see the holes!" What ****img holes do they see that I don't see?

Put him behind Denver's OL and he's a 1300 yard plus runner.

Based on production alone, they would rank like this:

1. Dillon in 12 Games: 141 Rushes 575 Yards 4.1 YPC 50 Long 10 TD's
2. Maroney in 12 Games: 155 Rushes 624 Yards 4.0 YPC 41 Long 4 TD's
3. Brown in 11 Games: 202 Rushes 783 Yards 3.9 YPC 27 Long 5 TD's
4. Mcgahee in 10 Games: 182 Rushes 668 Yards 3.7 YPC 32 Long 4 TD's
5. Jets???: Do they have a running back?

I would have a hard time rating Maroney above Brown. Their stats are nearly identical and Maroney is on a much better team and sharing the load with another good RB which keeps him fresh. I would rate Brown 2 of 5.

IMO, this season showed that Brown is the best RB in the AFCE.

He finished the season at 1008 yards with a very good 4.2 ypc average. He showed good explosiveness and is hard as hell to tackle. I'd like to seem him get a bit faster, but I think he will be a great back when the rest of the offense catches up.

Based on production alone, they would rank like this:

1. Dillon in 12 Games: 141 Rushes 575 Yards 4.1 YPC 50 Long 10 TD's
2. Maroney in 12 Games: 155 Rushes 624 Yards 4.0 YPC 41 Long 4 TD's
3. Brown in 11 Games: 202 Rushes 783 Yards 3.9 YPC 27 Long 5 TD's
4. Mcgahee in 10 Games: 182 Rushes 668 Yards 3.7 YPC 32 Long 4 TD's
5. Jets???: Do they have a running back?

I would have a hard time rating Maroney above Brown. Their stats are nearly identical and Maroney is on a much better team and sharing the load with another good RB which keeps him fresh. I would rate Brown 2 of 5.
ya think you might wanna change that now?

1) Brown
2) Willis
3) Marrony
4) Dillon
5) Leon

After watching Willis the last 2 years, he is not the best RB in the AFC East.

#1 Maroney
#2 Brown
#3 McGahee
#4 Dillon

Willis is the best back in the AFC East only when he plays the Jets!!!:mad: I think we can do ourselves a favor and upgrade that position in this draft or next years draft.

After watching Willis the last 2 years, he is not the best RB in the AFC East.

#1 Maroney
#2 Brown
#3 McGahee
#4 Dillon

Willis is the best back in the AFC East only when he plays the Jets!!!:mad: I think we can do ourselves a favor and upgrade that position in this draft or next years draft.

Very well put, some people have great games against certain teams.

Back
Top Bottom