Best RB in the AFCE | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best RB in the AFCE

Ha!

I love how you think one big game automatically makes Brown the better back. Yesterday was only the 4th time he rushed for 100 yards. McGahee has 14 100-yard games. The only reason Brown is ahead of McGahee in yards in b/c Willis got hurt on, like, the fourth play of the game yesterday and didn't return. If he doesn't miss a lot of time with the broken rib, he'll still end up with more yards than Brown at season's end.

I know you're pumped because yesterday was the first game all season where your team didn't look completely awful, but one game doesn't negate what McGahee has done over the last 2.5 years.

B-LO said:
Ha!

I love how you think one big game automatically makes Brown the better back.

No. I've thought he is the better back all along. This merely helps me prove my point. Give Brown the ball as much as McGahee gets it and he will out produce McGahee.

B-LO said:
Yesterday was only the 4th time he rushed for 100 yards. McGahee has 14 100-yard games.

McGahee has simply had more opportunities. If you want a true comparison, use YPC.

B-LO said:
The only reason Brown is ahead of McGahee in yards in b/c Willis got hurt on, like, the fourth play of the game yesterday and didn't return.

No. Brown has more yards because he has a higher YPC and finally has almost as many carries as McGahee.

B-LO said:
I know you're pumped because yesterday was the first game all season where your team didn't look completely awful, but one game doesn't negate what McGahee has done over the last 2.5 years.

All McGahee has done is average 3.8 YPC. Face it. That is below average for an NFL back. He is no where near an elite back. Never has been.

Though I will still say McGahee is the best RB in the division since he has been the most consistent up until this point(Broken rib.)

Ronnie Brown busting open like that may have been one of the most impressive performances against that defense...

Fin fans have been screaming for Brown to get more carries, and he definately got alot...What a game.

NYJ EcKo151 said:
Though I will still say McGahee is the best RB in the division since he has been the most consistent up until this point(Broken rib.)

Ronnie Brown busting open like that may have been one of the most impressive performances against that defense...

Fin fans have been screaming for Brown to get more carries, and he definately got alot...What a game.

If I were a Bills fan, I'd be concerned about a group of disturbing trends for McGahee:

1. His YPC drop as a game goes on.
2. His weekly performances drop as the season goes on.
3. His yearly performances have dropped each year he has been in the league.

Fin fans have been screaming for Brown to get more carries, and he definately got alot

He wears defenses down, too bad Our ******* OC took a long time to figure it out.:shakeno:

B-LO said:
Ha!

I love how you think one big game automatically makes Brown the better back. Yesterday was only the 4th time he rushed for 100 yards. McGahee has 14 100-yard games. The only reason Brown is ahead of McGahee in yards in b/c Willis got hurt on, like, the fourth play of the game yesterday and didn't return. If he doesn't miss a lot of time with the broken rib, he'll still end up with more yards than Brown at season's end.

The only way McGahee ends up with more yardage is if he gets atleast 30 more carries on the season....

Through 8 games :
Ronnie Brown: 151 carries for 621 yards and 4 td's
Willis McGahee: 154 carries for 579 yards and 1 td

Ronnie Brown has 42 more yards and 3 td's on 3 LESS carries then MacGahee

B-LO said:
Yesterday was only the 4th time he rushed for 100 yards. McGahee has 14 100-yard games.

Don't distort the facts. Brown has four 100+ games with only six 20+ carry games; McGahee has fourteen 100+ yard games in twenty-two 20+ carry games. Here are some of McGahee's 100+ yard games where he's had more than 20 carries: 30/102, 37/132, 27/105, those are some mighty impressive games. Brown has only played in 2 games where he's had more than 25 carries.

B-LO said:
The only reason Brown is ahead of McGahee in yards in b/c Willis got hurt on, like, the fourth play of the game yesterday and didn't return. If he doesn't miss a lot of time with the broken rib, he'll still end up with more yards than Brown at season's end.

McGahee might finish with more yards, but he'll also finish the year with more carries.

B-LO said:

What has McGahee done over the last 2.5 years? He's never even averaged 4 ypc in a season (he averaged 3.97 ypc in 2004).....

Brown is averaging 4.27 ypc over his career; McGahee is averaging 3.87 ypc over his career. The Dolphins will win more often than not if Brown gets the ball 25+ times a game (20 or more carries to go along with a few receptions).

Deep2Evans said:
So I guess this thread opens back up, yet again :D
Ronnie is injured and still playing...unlike McGahee.

Vikings also have the #1 rush defense. Because Ronnie is hurt, he didn't get many carries (only 12 to be exact). When the Bills played Minnesota, Willis got 28 carries.

byroan said:
Ronnie is injured and still playing...unlike McGahee.
McGahee has three broken ribs, all of which are around his lung. I'm really not sure what your point is. I know you're not comparing a minor groin pull to three broken ribs, are you?

B-LO said:
McGahee has three broken ribs, all of which are around his lung. I'm really not sure what your point is. I know you're not comparing a minor groin pull to three broken ribs, are you?

I wouldnt put it past some of the idiots here.

Deep2Evans said:
So I guess this thread opens back up, yet again :D

Yeah like Willis could run against the 1 run d, hurt and with a crappy O line.

I wouldnt put it past some of the idiots here.

Don't send this thread to the depths now.

I love how you think one big game automatically makes Brown the better back.

I love how you guys think one bad game = one bad ruunning back, great logic.

PatsSuck456 said:
Yeah like Willis could run against the 1 run d, hurt and with a crappy O line.

I love how you guys think one bad game = one bad ruunning back, great logic.
McGahee had 80 yards and a TD against Minnesota. He was also a very effective clock-killer in the fourth...with a worse line (three of the line starters in that game have since been benched or moved to a new position).

Nobody has even mentioned Brown's crappy game, so I'm not sure what you're talking about in the second sentence.

Back
Top Bottom