Best Running Back in the AFCE? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Running Back in the AFCE?

Who is the best back in the AFCE?

• Total voters
I say Willis only because he has played more than Ronnie and is pretty good. Ask me again this time next year and i can assure you it will be different. I have faith in Ronnie he just needs to put up those great numbers again to be proven.

In order from best to worst:

McGahee
Brown
Martin
Dillon

- dillon is not what he was.
- Martin isnt either, but he was great so i still put him above Dillon.
- i cant list many negatives about brown, but he hasnt had to carry the load yet so we will see what he can do this year.
- I put McGahee as the best. he hasnt had a break out year yet, but he has performed very well carrying the load in the past and has proven himself.

If you could have 1 back for next year........I'm taking Ronnie Brown.

I like McGahee, but he hasn't exactly lit it up as I thought he would. He's only averaging 3.9 yards for his career, only 3.8 last year. Just not overly impressive.

The only negative you can throw at Ronnie is that he hasn't carried 300 times. If he were a smaller back, I'd worry.....but we're talking about a 230lb truck. IMO, McGahee, or any of the other backs for that matter, are just as likely to get injured, so the "carry the load" thing just doesn't bother me.

Brown
McGahee
Dillon (has a little more left in the tank IMO)
Martin

Wagon Circler said:
It's nice to see you Miami fans give Willis respect in this comparison.

Damn man, its been a looooooooooooooong time since I've seen you here.

Ronnie still hasn't proven he can be an every down back, how can you put him above Willis? the other guys are old so I'd go w/ Ronnie but not over willis.

JetsFanInSec124 said:
Career wise: Curtis Martin
Potential wise: Willis McGahee
Current play wise: Ronnie Brown

That actually makes sense although I would swap Mcgahee and brown as current and potential.

Potential wise: Ronnie Brown (needs a full season)
Current play wise: Willis McGahee

FinFrenzy said:
Potential wise: Ronnie Brown (needs a full season)
Current play wise: Willis McGahee

Close the thread, this is correct and unbiased. :cooldude:

nyjunc said:
Ronnie still hasn't proven he can be an every down back, how can you put him above Willis? the other guys are old so I'd go w/ Ronnie but not over willis.

Because McGahee has only put up average numbers. He hasn't shown any explosiveness and his desire to be a pounding back has been questioned by his own coaching staff.

If McGahee regains some of the explosiveness he had in college, he might rank ahead of Brown. Until then, I rank Brown higher.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Because McGahee has only put up average numbers. He hasn't shown any explosiveness and his desire to be a pounding back has been questioned by his own coaching staff.

If McGahee regains some of the explosiveness he had in college, he might rank ahead of Brown. Until then, I rank Brown higher.

mcGahee was great the last 3/4 of 2004 when he got the starting job. What has Brown done besides be a change of pace back for Ricky? I think brown will be a good feature back but he didn't do it in College and didnt' do it last year so he needs to prove it before I can put him ahead of a guy who has averaged about 1,200 yds a year and 9 averaged 9 TDs a year.

nyjunc said:
mcGahee was great the last 3/4 of 2004 when he got the starting job. What has Brown done besides be a change of pace back for Ricky? I think brown will be a good feature back but he didn't do it in College and didnt' do it last year so he needs to prove it before I can put him ahead of a guy who has averaged about 1,200 yds a year and 9 averaged 9 TDs a year.

Don't forget the lofty 3.9 ypc. :wink:

and how can you call Ronnie the change of pace back??? He led the team in rushing.

nyjunc said:

Great? 4 YPC in 2004 and 3.8 YPC in 2005? You have low standards. The only thing McGahee has on Brown in more carries. Brown is more explosive (has more long gains already), a better receiver (more receptions), and a better blocker.

Stats aren't everything. I'd like to see a stat of how many times there was a defender in the backfield as soon as Willis touched the ball. That happened quite often. Willis get the yardage in spite of our offensive line, not because of it, like some backs (ala Alexander)

Besides we could use a competent head coach. Hopefully Jauron and Fairchild can do a better job with McGahee's talent.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Great? 4 YPC in 2004 and 3.8 YPC in 2005? You have low standards. The only thing McGahee has on Brown in more carries. Brown is more explosive (has more long gains already), a better receiver (more receptions), and a better blocker.

I said great after he took over in '04. The Bills were 0-5 in games he didn't start and 9-2 in games he did. I saw 1st hand the difference he made as he barely played against us in NY and we beat them then he tore through us in Buf and Buf won. His YPC wasn't great b/c late in the game they were just running out the clock. He also scored 13 TDs which is a big #. YPC over 4, 13 TDs and the team was 0-5 when he didn't start and 9-2 when he did. That's a damn good year.

McGahee has proven he can be a feature back, brown hasn't proven that yet.

nyjunc said:
I said great after he took over in '04. The Bills were 0-5 in games he didn't start and 9-2 in games he did. I saw 1st hand the difference he made as he barely played against us in NY and we beat them then he tore through us in Buf and Buf won. His YPC wasn't great b/c late in the game they were just running out the clock. He also scored 13 TDs which is a big #. YPC over 4, 13 TDs and the team was 0-5 when he didn't start and 9-2 when he did. That's a damn good year.

McGahee has proven he can be a feature back, brown hasn't proven that yet.

His most recent season was AVERAGE. The ony season when they have both played, Brown was better. Period.

Back
Top Bottom