Best Tight end ever to playthe game. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Tight end ever to playthe game.

dominizzo said:
We never had a good tight end except for MC Mike. I say IMO the best ever TE to play the game Ben Coates, his stats are good but boy his blocking was amazing, i know uguys are gonna say Sharpe Gonzo but i liked Coates, the guy was a special player, i also think Wes Walls was good also, the TE's are quality ones that u will never find again there just leaders and special to an organization
Kellen Winslow..without a doubt

Bavaro was tough SOB.... But have to say Keith Jackson and Sharpe are at the top of the list. Todd Christensen was great with the Raiders. Whatever happen to Ferrell Edmunds?

Matt Jones!!!!!!

He has to rank right there w/ Winslow w/o a doubt. You could put Winslow one pot ahead of Matt Jones. Winslow is overrated for sure. Jr. that is! Hey watch out for that...............#@#@$@!

Jay Novacheck was pretty good down there in Dallas. They never won again after he retired.

Shannon Sharpe is the best. He has rings and the best numbers ever for a TE. Case closed there is no other unbiased answer.

Also, a guy who says: "Call the National Guard because we are killing the Patriots." deserves credit as being the best.

#84Fan4Life said:
Shannon Sharpe is the best. He has rings and the best numbers ever for a TE. Case closed there is no other unbiased answer.

First of all how do rings equate into a tight end being the best at his position? Last time I checked it took a team to win a ring not one player and especially not a tight end.

Secone while he has great numbers he was a not a great blocker which is a huge factor in evaluating a tight end.

There are too many to pick just one. But Winslow was the best for al least one game. :( Id would have to choose Winslow because he could take a game over.

dominizzo said:
did u ever see thi guy play he made 5 consec pro bowls i think he was awesome hewas a dolphin killer, i say hes my fav IMO and is one of the best In a Te its not only catching tds and receptions its blocking makin the catch for a 1st down in a short yardage situation, Running good routes leadership Tony gonzalez gates have the skills to catch tds but there blocking is awful as fin they have no leadership cmon man Coates was good for all of that agree?

You know, there were Tight Ends that played the game before the mid-90's.

As with any position in the NFL it's hard to narrow it down so I always just list a Top 5. I'm basing my rankings on passing receiving ability, blocking & influence on the position of TE. Here is my top 5 TE's of all-time:

Tony Gonzalez
Kellen Winslow
John Mackey
Ozzie Newsome
Mike Ditka

On the cusp:
Shannon Sharpe
Dave Casper
Jackie Smith

Back
Top Bottom