Best Tight end ever to playthe game. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Best Tight end ever to playthe game.

Complete package TE -Mark Bavaro for a couple of years was the greatest I ever saw, blocking wise he was another tackle on the line and receiving wise he was up there.
Injuries caught up to him quickly though

Pass catching TE - Kellen Winslow or Tony Gonzalez

the dude from the Giants...ah what was his name....BAVARRO!!! thats it

Pigskin Pimp said:
Most Fin Fans don't like Sharpe due to the Beef he's had with Marino in the past - that's the only reason he hasn't gotten his due on this board regarding the Question. That Said, Shannon Sharpe is easily the best TE of all time.

Ask any other board without Bias and you'll get the same reply - Shannon Sharpe, First Ballot HOFer and best TE of all Time.

NO WAY!!!! I live in Colorado and have probably (reluctantly) seen just about every game Sharpe played....he was very good but not as good as Winslow, or Ditka...he got a lot of pub because he knows how to run his mouth and keep himself in the spotlight. Hall of Fame...yes, best ever....NO

Mackey, Gonzo,Sharpe,Keith Jackson,Chumura,Clark,Dallas TE w/Aikman(Jones?)Heap,and more I can't think of right now are all better than Coates.

Sharpe is prob. #1 w/ Gonzo a close 2 and w/ a new offense and a long healthy career we may be able to add McMichael in the mix in the future.

dominizzo said:
We never had a good tight end except for MC Mike. I say IMO the best ever TE to play the game Ben Coates, his stats are good but boy his blocking was amazing, i know uguys are gonna say Sharpe Gonzo but i liked Coates, the guy was a special player, i also think Wes Walls was good also, the TE's are quality ones that u will never find again there just leaders and special to an organization

As good as Sharp and Gonzo are, and no disrespect to Coates..

Ozzie Newsome was the best all-around TE I ever saw play and the best pure pass recieving TE I saw was Kellen Winslow, Sr.

Back
Top Bottom