Big O on QAM just said... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big O on QAM just said...

JCfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Miamim will pass on Andrews. He will talk about it now.

I am agreeing with everything that KB has said today, which has to do with this issue.

He is saying that Miami will not take Shawn Andrews because he is too much of a headcase and not worth the risk.

Big O thinks that Miami will go receiver. He thinks that Roy & Fitz will go high, with Evans now moving ahead of Reggie for the #3 rank. He feels that at #20, Miami will look at Clayton & Jenkins, & as many scouts have said the past 2 weeks...he says that he thinks Rashaun Woods will be on the outside looking in, as far as the 1st-round is concerned.

I was under the impression that the weight issue was the biggest concern. Big O said these character issues have come out the last few days and it is a big risk to take him at 20. He said he has no discipline, there are locker room problems, and is not a real hard worker etc.

Better to know now than to find out the hard way. Looks like RS is doing his job!

REAL DEAL said:
Better to know now than to find out the hard way. Looks like RS is doing his job!

I agree. If we stay at 20 we MUST make the correct decision. We can't afford to have another bust in the first round.

Yeah.

If you have any doubts about a player, then you better not take him even if he fills a need.

I will have to credit Jorser for throwing Michael Jenkins's name out there last night as a possibility.

Could be a pre-draft smoke screen or it could be true? Best to make that decision now instead of waiting until draft time if that is the case.
IMO it would still be a good idea to trade down and try to recoup that 2nd round pick we lost. Still some decent OL, including Grove and Smiley who could be picked up later.

I will be very happy if we select a WR with our #1 pick. Hell, we could pick another Randy Moss if we get lucky (Randy was selected 21st overall in 1998)

If I am the front office and I know that Andrews has very very little chance of being there I would start spreading all kinds of crap about how we don't like him and he's a head case etc etc. Its a win-win situation. It gets the fans thinking about other players so they won't be so vastly disappointed when Andrews is gone when we pick. Also it could fool some other teams etc etc prevent them from trading up ahead of us...and finally, if he DOES fall and we pick him up everyone will just revel at how masterful Miami is for spreading rumors and throwing people off their scent to come away with the player they want. I'm not saying thats what is happening here, just thats what I would do.

I've said this a million times...but what about picking up Shawn's bro Stacy in a later round? Some scounts think he might end up being better than Shawn.

The thing is, there really isn't any convincing that needs to be done to have Andrews available. He's going to be there, and a big reason he is going to be there is proabably what Miami has found out throughout their evaluation process.

Back
Top Bottom