Big O on QAM just said... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big O on QAM just said...

I've said all along that I'd rather us take Smiley than Andrews. Now if we want Smiley we'll have to take him at 20 or NE could take him at 21. If we go WR I still think that Evans is a better fit than Clayton. Not saying that Clayton is bad but Evans would do better for us imo.I think we might go DT with our first pick tho but the real curveball would be for us to trade down and get Losman. Noone is expecting that just like we didn't think Fletcher or Moore would be the pick. I'm hoping for Evans or Smiley in round one.

Ozzy rules!!

I don't see us taking a QB early either but did you think we'd take a corner? or did you think we'd take Moore? I'm not saying we should take Losman but don't be surprised with anything we do.

Ozzy rules!!

Well we also had RS trying to get Boldin too but at the time someone else was calling the shots. RS has done things the right way this entire offseason he didnt overpay for Tait or Woody, he ripped off SD for Boston, and added depth at the OL. I trust that he will make the right choices as we seem to be younger and better thanks to his efforts.

Q. Were you going to be academically ineligible to play in the Independence Bowl?
A. At first I was on track, but then my condition had me up all night, I was unable to sleep and study, and things got out of hand. I bombed out on my finals, and I had to withdraw, so when I go back I don’t have to start from scratch.

http://www.steelers.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=239267

Regarding clubs doing their homework...

On 790 The Zone here in ATL yesterday, they were interviewing Big Ben and asking about how thorough a job GMs are doing. One of the things mentioned I didn't know was that GMs {(or associates) will call local bars near these players' school and ask about them. See if they frequent them, if they cause trouble, how often, ho do others interact with them, etc. I had never heard of that, but in the words of Guiness, "BRILLIANT!".

So it's possible some dirt was dug up on Andrews.

Agua said:
Big O said the info did not come from the Dolphins. He says that if HE knows it, the Dolphins definitely know it.

Thanks, Agua.

So, the information comes from Big O himself and not the Dolphins. Hmmm. I think I'll put the info from Big O on the back burner, because I've never heard of Shawn being a head case and a locker room disruption until now. Lazy, yes. Head case, no.

I'll stick with my assertion that if Clayton is gone, Miami will take Andrews.

Clumpy said:
Can't be any worse than David Boston :shakeno:

Sure he could, as you should know, being a salary cap guru. A first round pick would demand a lot of cap room, and if he doesn't produce because he's a head case, you're screwed. If Boston doesn't produce, we cut him loose with very little cap hit and we're only out a low-round draft pick.

Now that Big O's comments are on the back burner...

KBISBACK said:
Thanks, Agua.

So, the information comes from Big O himself and not the Dolphins. Hmmm. I think I'll put the info from Big O on the back burner, because I've never heard of Shawn being a head case and a locker room disruption until now. Lazy, yes. Head case, no.

I'll stick with my assertion that if Clayton is gone, Miami will take Andrews.

...and Andrews is a viable option, do you all think he can step-in and play this year? Of course, we wouldn't know for certain, but if he needs a year, wouldn't it be better to draft a guy would could play this year? Wr's need a little time, but usually LB's can come right in and play, if need be. As for OT, we might be able to grab one in round 3. Thoughts?

Steve

I still think its much more likely than not that Andrews will be gone at #20...

But thankfully, we don't have to argue about it. We can just wait about 24 hours or so.

He's ranked the second best OLman in the draft for a reason. He's an excellent player. Isn't that all that matters???....

His positives highly outweigh his negatives. This is just a smokescreen IMO. If Andrews falls to us, and we pass on him, Rick better find himself a new home before flying back to Miami....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Back
Top Bottom