Big Payday Near, Ja'wuan James Will See How Much Dolphins Value Him | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big Payday Near, Ja'wuan James Will See How Much Dolphins Value Him

Here we go! Lemme guess, he wants to be paid like the top RT in the league and if we offer less he’s gonna be extremely insulted and run away crying? Sound about right?
He doesn't seem that type, to me.

I don't blame any player for having their agent do his job.

I think 5-7 money is fair. No tax in FL is a consideration. Staying with the team you know, in S FL might be a consideration.

I understand the point about missing games, but I'm not sure the amount he misses is that far out of line with comparable players.

I'm not going to have a problem whichever way they go. I just don't like one more hole.

This is the problem w building through the draft. Four years goes by fast. As the player enters his prime, you can no longer afford him. I’d love to know what %age of players remain w the team that drafted them after their rookie deal expires. I bet it’s surprisingly low - especially if you can isolate it to starters which I know would be hard to do.
The alternative is pay FA more than their current teams are willing to pay.

That hasn't worked very well for us, or any other team.

I would be interested to see how many players on the first contract, on average, are on playoff teams, championship teams, etc.

He doesn't seem that type, to me.

I don't blame any player for having their agent do his job.

I think 5-7 money is fair. No tax in FL is a consideration. Staying with the team you know, in S FL might be a consideration.

I understand the point about missing games, but I'm not sure the amount he misses is that far out of line with comparable players.

I'm not going to have a problem whichever way they go. I just don't like one more hole.

5 - 7 . . . .nah

Crippled Old Danny Amendola got 2/12 last year . . . .and you think the arguably the top OL on the market, entering his prime, is getting similar?

You can’t look at the position salaries to get a proper evaluation . . . It doesn’t work like that. Never has.

This is ignorant on so many levels. Where to start?

The compensation is part of the deal, part of the reason they CHOSE to play football. What kind of idiot would sacrifice their body like that without significant compensation?

16 hours of football? Are you trolling?
I saw a similar comment about the 16 hr crappolla the other day. SMH.

Its a very narrow world view

5 - 7 . . . .nah

Crippled Old Danny Amendola got 2/12 last year . . . .and you think the arguably the top OL on the market, entering his prime, is getting similar?

You can’t look at the position salaries to get a proper evaluation . . . It doesn’t work like that. Never has.
I meant top 5-7 contract money wise.
Not 5-7 mill. Without looking, that's probably around 10 mil per year for RG.

$10 million is fair, it's whether they are willing to pay it. They almost let him walk last year but had a last-minute change of heart. Was it a push(panic?)from Grier, MT or Gase? If Grier didn't want him then, he probably won't want him now.
I'm in the "pay the man" crowd on James but I'm not optimistic. Giving any impending FA a top-2 salary doesn't sound like a rebuild

Problem with paying James 4/40 mill- that makes him 2ND HIGHEST PAID RT is twofold-

1. He isn’t a top 5 RT
2. We are in rebuild mode.

Even if you calculate for inflation of contracts because of Salary cap increase- is he really a cornerstone guy? Not for me. Way too inconsistent.

The Eagles need an RT, trade him to the Eagles for a 5th, upgraded to a 3rd if he plays 75% of the snaps. Or a 4th outright.

Good OT in pass-pro but gets zero push in the run game, watching the Pats as soon as they have you by 11+ points they shave off time running downhill. He doesn't fit going forward.

I don’t think tbe nfl separates left and right tackle as much in terms of value anymore.

I do agree though james is pretty average. He’s a pretty good 11 personnel based tackle

As a pending free agent though I don’t guess top 5 to 8 tackle money period would surprise me

The eagles have lane Johnson and he’s top 5 tackle money all day long. Probably reset the market caliber right tackle even

Is Jason Peters retiring? If so bet they promote that Samoan dude they have as the 3rd option currently.

We're rebuilding. Keeping Ju'Wuan would represent NOT rebuilding, but rather just another patch job. All of the patch jobs in the last two decades have failed. Personally, I'm hoping we try the brave approach and actually rebuild … and that will mean the uncomfortable process of sucking next year as we fully invest in youth, take the time to focus on the fundamentals, become one of the youngest teams in the NFL, clear our salary cap problems, and suck. That's how tanking works. But the silver lining is that it will give us a top draft pick for the 2020 draft where we can get a franchise QB. And after the 2020 draft, we will have a talented young roster with a franchise QB and a bunch of young players who have been drilled on the fundamentals. It may not sound like much, but it's a good way to build a winning team.

I don’t think tbe nfl separates left and right tackle as much in terms of value anymore.

I do agree though james is pretty average. He’s a pretty good 11 personnel based tackle

As a pending free agent though I don’t guess top 5 to 8 tackle money period would surprise me
There are 15 LTs making 10 million yr. There is only 1 RT making 10 mill yr. and that’s Lane Johnson whose play blows away James.

We're rebuilding. Keeping Ju'Wuan would represent NOT rebuilding, but rather just another patch job. All of the patch jobs in the last two decades have failed. Personally, I'm hoping we try the brave approach and actually rebuild … and that will mean the uncomfortable process of sucking next year as we fully invest in youth, take the time to focus on the fundamentals, become one of the youngest teams in the NFL, clear our salary cap problems, and suck. That's how tanking works. But the silver lining is that it will give us a top draft pick for the 2020 draft where we can get a franchise QB. And after the 2020 draft, we will have a talented young roster with a franchise QB and a bunch of young players who have been drilled on the fundamentals. It may not sound like much, but it's a good way to build a winning team.
Agree here 100%. If it’s a rebuild- it’s a 2 year process. 2019 strictly draft - BPA - rebuild trenches.
Couples of low risk chances / low salary type guys.
2020 Rd1 QB and compliment trenches and couple of FA acquisitions.

Back
Top Bottom