Big UFC PPV this weekend in HD | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Big UFC PPV this weekend in HD

Lutter put up much more of a fight than i expected... my guess is there are some people who are now rethinking how they want to fight Silva, even though he won on the ground and showed good BJJ skills in the guard. his arms and legs are disproportionately long for someone who 5'11" tall.

but Lutter showed Silva is suscpetable to being taken down, and Rogan called it right; Lutter missed an arm bar in that scramble in the first round that could've been big trouble for Silva.

but as stated previously, i agree that loss is probably the end of Travis Lutter in the UFC; Dana White preached constantly on TUF about second chances, and not screwing them up when you get them.

Re: Matt Lindland, he fought an early fight or two for UFC, and was fairly well hyped at the time, but was purely a wrestler, and didnt fare to well. the guy is a much better fighter now.

FULL RESULTS

-Anderson Silva def. Travis Lutter by submission (strikes while in a triangle choke) at 2:11 of Round 2

-Mirko Cro Cop def. Eddie Sanchez by TKO (referee stoppage due to strikes) at 4:33 of Round 1

-Roger Huerta def. John Halverson by TKO at 0:19 of Round 1 [result may or may not be changed to no-contest at a later date due to knee on the ground]

-Quinton Jackson def. Marvin Eastman by TKO (referee stoppage due to strikes) at 3:49 of Round 2

-Patrick Cote def. Scott Smith by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

-Terry Martin def. Jorge Rivera by KO at 0:14 of Round 1

-Frank Edgar def. Tyson Griffin by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)

-Ryoto Machida def. Sam Hoger by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

-Dustin Hazelett def. Diego Saraiva by Unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

RUMOR is that with Cro Cop coming out to the PRIDE theme song last night that a huge deal in in the works.

Either a PRIDE vs UFC super show (put on by UFC)

Or UFC is going to buy PRIDE and merge and just run shows in the US and Japan.
I did find it odd that they were showing Pride clips, and I was surprised that Rogan mentioned Fedor and Nog....

I thought it was a great card for the casual fan, and to hype some names...As a fighting fan, I thought it was "ok", it was really saved by the Griffin/Edgar fight...

my thoughts exactly. crazy seeing Jorge get ktfo'd like that too!

I did find it odd that they were showing Pride clips, and I was surprised that Rogan mentioned Fedor and Nog....

when did Rogan get that sleeve? He knows his stuff, but often comes agross as a wannabe.
Noone comentates like Bas imo.

Back
Top Bottom