Bigest Rivalry in college football? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bigest Rivalry in college football?

Mike13

I am a golden god
Reaction score
I say its between Florida vs Georgia and Texas vs Oklahoma.

It's Ohio State vs. Michigan, and it ain't even close.

The next closest is Auburn vs. Alabama, and that's about 800 million notches below OSU vs. Michigan.

OU-Texas is closer to the tOSU Michigan game than most think

since 2000.....

OU and Texas have played in 4 NC games, winning 1 each, 6 BCS Bowls, winning 2 each

both teams have played each other ranked in the top 5, 3-4 times depending on what poll you go by (the BCS rankings come after this game) top 25 every time

Now this rivalry was huge in 60's 70's and this decade. The only thing tOSU and Michigan have on us is much more better tradition, I mean that the game has been huge almost every year, since OU and texas were crap in the 90's

Now I know some will call me a homer, but these are facts

NOW if a certan school wasnt so terrible now it would be OU-Nebraska :shakeno:

PatsSuck456 said:
I say its between Florida vs Georgia and Texas vs Oklahoma(or is it Oklahoma State?)

:lol: Oklahoma State has no rivals, they only think we are there rivals :D

srry for a triple post, but this may help my point

in 2004 (OUr) Roy Williams broght Eddie George (cowboy at the time) to the Red River Shoot Out. Now as all of you know Eddie Geroge played for tOSU and he said that this game was bigger than Michigan tOSU

It was an in game interview so there is prob no link

FSU-Miami is the biggest rivalry in college sports. Why else would they get a prime time Monday night game to kick off the season. All other rivalries just have tradition, that's it.

Michigan-OSU no question.

Florida-Georgia isn't really a rivalry, Georgia just shows up every year and loses. :D

OU-Nebraska used to be huge, not so much anymore.

Bama-Auburn, ND-Michigan, and ND-USC are pretty good too.

Ohio State/Michigan and Auburn/Alabama are definite top 2. After that Georgia/Florida and Florida/Fla. State is more of a rivalry than Fla. State/Miami. Also, call me a homer, but one of the most underrated rivalrys is Clemson/South Carolina. I think it gets overlooked bc the series is so slanted in favor of Clemson...but the hate and passion to want to beat the other team is second to none in this game. Ex...the brawl 2 years ago.

Even though in the Tressel era we have dominated Michigan.......Its still the biggest rivalry in ALL of sports...Titles are won, coaches are fired, and seasons salvasged..all in this one game.

The first one I thought of when I saw this thread was Michigan/Ohio State. It gets my vote.

Remeber the ESPN "Without Sports" commercial where they had the couple on the couch kissing.....one in an OSU sweatshirt, the other in a Michigan Sweatshirt and tag line was....."Without Sports, This wouldn't be digusting.

Now, they could have picked any rivalry in any sport.........Red Sox-Yankees, Cowboys-Redskins, ND-USC, ect. That they chose Michigan-OSU has to say something for its signifigance.

Two more big ones which I didn't see mentioned.....although I still don't think they top the list are:

Army-Navy
USC-UCLA

Texas - Oklahoma
Ohio State - Michigan
Auburn - Alabama

FSU-Miami is played @ the beginning of the season, so it doesn't garner as much attention as OSU-Michigan. I guarantee you, that if both games were played @ the same time, the majority of the nation would tune into the FSU-Miami match-up.

Back
Top Bottom