Bigest Rivalry in college football? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bigest Rivalry in college football?

wow Miami plays OU, Florida, FSU, and Va Tech in the same season in 07? wow you got guys got some balls

AirFishOne said:
wow Miami plays OU, Florida, FSU, and Va Tech in the same season in 07? wow you got guys got some balls
Apparently it's Miami at UF in '08, and UF at Miami in '13. The space of seasons between repeat matchups is totally ******ed.:fire:

lol no kidding, our rematch game is set for 09, we will be bringin in a new QB that year as Rhett Bomar will be a year removed from hsi senior season

Jaydog57 said:
Apparently it's Miami at UF in '08, and UF at Miami in '13. The space of seasons between repeat matchups is totally ******ed.:fire:

Yeah dude. I wish it could be an every year thing.

Did someone say Yale vs Harvard???:lol::lol::lol:

Seriously though, go to one of those games and you will see a party that will far surpass the game itself!!!

Yale v.s Harvard

That pre-game must be a bunch of kids arguing about the effects of some micro-organism, or that Star Wars is better than Star Trek

Seriously though, that game has the most tradiiton of any game I mean they've played liek almost 120+ years right?

Best rivalry would be Army vs Navy in my opinion, just because thier football seasons always defined by that game(plus it give braaging right to whole miliary branches). But the biggest has to be Ohio State vs Michigan. I would say Alabama/Auburn and Texas/Oklahoma would be close 2nd and 3rds.

so the average score on this thread is:

1. tOSU/Michigan

2. Bama/Auburn-Oklahoma/Texas

3. Florida games

AirFishOne said:

Thats a typical strength of schedule for the big 3 Florida schools. Gators have Bama, LSU, Auburn, and Georgia in a row this year. I wish they would make UF/Miami a regular thing too.

By far Ohio St. vs. Michigan. It isn't even worth debating.

b_hjelmeland123 said:
By far Ohio St. vs. Michigan. It isn't even worth debating.

Nah some people saying its a landslide, but that Iron Bowl is no joke man . . definetly more than a game for many.

Motion said:
I wish they would make UF/Miami a regular thing too.

UF wanted to play Montana St. so there went that series.

Now UM doesn't want to play a game in the Swamp, then Tampa, then Jax and then in Miami and call it an "even" home and home series.

The Florida schools are fun to watch, but I get them all mixed up, so it's hard to rate any one game as highly as Auburn-Alabama or Texas-Oklahoma. USC-UCLA is a big one, and so is Oregon - Oregon St. I know a lot of people in the East don't follow football out here because it's past your bedtimes, but the West Coast is very into college football, way more than the pros. Just ask yourself how L.A. can get by without a pro team. Who needs one when you have UCLA and USC?

Notre Dame is a school full of narcissists; they love themselves way too much to have a good rivalry with anyone else. I loved watching Oregon State beat the tar out of them a few years back with Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmanzadeh scoring td's all over the place.

Michigan- OSU is a boring game, even if they are good every year. Pass the ball once in a while! Three yards and a cloud of dust just doesn't do it for me.

IMO, there is no way you can expect Florida play an SEC schedule and then both Miami and Florida State every year. That's too much to ask of any school, even a top program like the Gators.

My top games are as follows
FSU vs UF
Auburn vs Bama
USC vs Clemson (This one is more serious than people think go check out the ticket prices for this game)
OSU vs Michigan
FSU vs The U
VaTech vs WVU
Georgia vs Florida
ND vs Michigan
To be honest almost any SEC match could be ranked at the top any given year. They all have great history.

Back
Top Bottom