Bigest Rivalry in college football? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bigest Rivalry in college football?

Kdawg954 said:
The best "rivalries"

Miami/FSU - Doesn't have the history as some of the other ones, but IMO has been the biggest rivalry since the 90's. Usually down to the wire and heavily watched across the country. However, the games were of much better quality when played later in the season . . now being a conference game, they should let these teams play a few games before this "important" meeting.

Ohio State/Michigan - the grandaddy

Oklahoma/Texas - big time

Alabama/Auburn - more than just a game

Army/Navy - tradition

I agree 100% with this post.And I agree about when Miami and FSU play.I'd like to see 'em play at the end of the season or half way through the year.Has anyone else heard that this will be the last year Miami and FSU play as the first game?I coulda swore I heard that somewhere a few months ago.

LatinG187 said:
I agree 100% with this post.And I agree about when Miami and FSU play.I'd like to see 'em play at the end of the season or half way through the year.Has anyone else heard that this will be the last year Miami and FSU play as the first game?I coulda swore I heard that somewhere a few months ago.

It was just made official this week that this will definetly be the last year that Miami and FSU open up the season playing each other.

These are rivalries I Love to watch:

Auburn-Alabama

Michigan-Ohio State

Auburn-Georgia(oldest rivalry in the SEC)

Oklahoma
-Texas

Notre Dame-USC

Florida State-Florida

Tennessee-Alabama

Miami-Florida State

Wisconsin
-Minnesota

Michigan-Michigan State

Texas A&M-Texas

Navy-Army

Yale-Harvard

Oh man...If Miami/Florida would happen more often...That would take the cake in Southern rivalries (even Bama/Auburn). Think about the Gator Flop. Think about the recent come from behind win by UM over the mighty Gators. This matchup has the history and the regional quality to be one of the biggest rivalries. Too bad both teams hate eachother so much they won't play each other as much.

But I say Meeeeechigan/Luckeyes is the top.

Cuban Dave 9 said:
Oh man...If Miami/Florida would happen more often...That would take the cake in Southern rivalries (even Bama/Auburn). Think about the Gator Flop. Think about the recent come from behind win by UM over the mighty Gators. This matchup has the history and the regional quality to be one of the biggest rivalries. Too bad both teams hate eachother so much they won't play each other as much.

I agree Miami-Florida should play every yr,but neither team wants to lose one more game.

Cuban Dave 9 said:

Sho' 'nuff. They should play every year.:dolphins:

Frisches13283 said:
What's the record over the past 20 years?

What's your point?

Notre Dame and USC will be meeting for the 77th time. The Irish lead the all-time series 42-29-5, including a 23-10-1 mark at Notre Dame Stadium. The teams have met twice at a neutral site (Soldier Field in Chicago) in 1927 and 1929.

The Irish compiled an unbeaten streak of 13 games against USC from 1983-1995. The Irish won 11 straight games from `83-`93, but a 17-17 tie in 1994 (at USC) ended the run. The Irish won the next year and a Trojan 27-20 overtime victory in 1996 (Lou Holtz's final game as Irish coach) ended the 13-game run.

(I was at that game in 96 :( )

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/101005agc.html

Back
Top Bottom