Bigest Rivalry in college football? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bigest Rivalry in college football?

nothing against your opinion but the ND/USC game is the equivalent to the Yankees/Red Sox game, and of course ESPN overates the hell outa it

Alabama-Auburn is unreal. It tears families and friends apart worse than any other in state rivalry I've seen mentioned and more than the Red River Shootout or Mich-OSU.

I would say the Iron Bowl and Mich-OSU are about equal up top, however.

After that, there are about five or six other strong rivalries, then there are the rest.

Bama-Auburn & UM-OSU are on their own level.

OSU vs Michigan
Miami vs FSU
Notre Dame vs USC

(Just naming 3 great ones, not saying they are the 3 best)

It really all depends if both teams are good at the time, Id say the biggest of the last 6-7 years is Miami vs FSU but not the biggest of all time

Alex44 said:
OSU vs Michigan
Miami vs FSU
Notre Dame vs USC

It really all depends if both teams are good at the time, Id say the biggest of the last 6-7 years is Miami vs FSU but not the biggest of all time

I would have to agree. Over the last 15 years or so, the FSU-Miami game is probably the most heated rivalry game.

NorthFloridaFin said:
I would have to agree. Over the last 15 years or so, the FSU-Miami game is probably the most heated rivalry game.

What makes you say that? 15 years?? wow

NorthFloridaFin said:
Because since the early 90's, every time FSU and Miami play it seems to have some kind of stakes involved besides braggin rights.

Not quite, maybe now that they are both in the ACC it does, but neither one has been in the NC hunt since the U lost to OSU.

Well, this thread demonstrates how one game and one year can have a surreal impact on opinion. I counted six votes for USC/Notre Dame. Before the awesome game in '05, USC destroyed Notre Dame several years in a row, I think a 24+ margin each time.

As an 'SC alum I can tell you the rivalry with UCLA is maybe 1000 times more significant. That may be understating it. We badly want to beat Notre Dame but the crosstown rivalry with UCLA has daily significance. You have interraction with Bruins and Bruin alumni everywhere so the prospect of them owning you at your sport is unbearable. Notre Dame you come across once a year.

Colorado Vs. Nebraska the day after Turkey Day.....love seeing my Buffs whupping them cornhuskers while eating turkey sandwiches with mayo. :lol:

The best "rivalries"

Miami/FSU - Doesn't have the history as some of the other ones, but IMO has been the biggest rivalry since the 90's. Usually down to the wire and heavily watched across the country. However, the games were of much better quality when played later in the season . . now being a conference game, they should let these teams play a few games before this "important" meeting.

Ohio State/Michigan - the grandaddy

Oklahoma/Texas - big time

Alabama/Auburn - more than just a game

Army/Navy - tradition

Those are my top 5 . . Others

Florida/Florida St.

South Carolina/Clemson

USC/UCLA

USC/Notre Dame

Oregon/Oregon St.

Florida Vs. Florida State might not be #1 but I see it Top 5 baby. I have been to the 3 games and wow those were electric.

I wish they would bring back the annual Miami/UF game. Growing up in Gainesville, that was always fun to watch. UF hasn't beaten us in over 20 years but we've only played four times since '86. I think we play again in '07 or '08. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom