Biggest bust of all time? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest bust of all time?

People end up with addiction problems, young guys, lack of guidance. There are tons of guys his age that dod the same thing, struggle to handle that type of life. Calling him a POS seems harsh because he didn't football good enough, or dedicate himself to his job.
Thats a cop out. He made it through college how? Free scholarship. Everything handed to him. He must have been a hell of an athlete. Sorry thats a cop out. Even Ricky Williams took game day and practice seriously. He took responsibility seriously. Thats why he had so much stress. Didnt football good enough? He went out every weekend and got Fvked up. He said screw all the fans, the entire football team that invested so much in him. Then he was given and 2nd chance. a 3rd. a 4th. AND a 5th chance. He blew everygodamn one of them. Not becuase he didnt football good enough. Pat White didnt football good enough. He tried though. Dion Jordon is a POS who had everything handed to him and he took out his pecker and he peed on it. No heart. Took it for granted. Sorry......who ever recruited him and did his background screwed the pooch.

Jonathan Martin
not only did he ruin the chemistry of our team and offensive line
in his 23 games as a Dolphin but he managed to help Incognito out
of town. Incognito managed 3 years in a row as a pro bowler with
the Bills. Haven't had a beast like Richie and thank God we haven't had a player
like Martin

Wow. I forgot about that winner. Spoiled rich kid with mental issues. Wasnt he arrested for threatening to murder someone? Wow........he was a HUGE mistake. The whole team took yrs to recover from bullygate. YES. I take it back. JM was the worst thing to ever happen to this team hands down......POS.

Jackie Shipp was another huge bust. He couldn't process anything. He was completely lost.

Ryan Tannehill deserves a mention.

He had 7 years.... zero playoff appearances.

Just a small list of players we passed on because we had faith in Tannehill and could have drafted.

Russel Wilson, Kirk Cousins, Nick Foles, Jimmy G, Dak Prescott and Lamar Jackson.... that last one still keeps me up at night.

I'm not arguing whether or not Saban was a good coach in the NFL, just not "the biggest bust of all time".

I'm not sure we agree. I can think of coaches who were worse but I certainly can't think of many who crashed so thoroughly while having such lofty expectations which he himself perpetuated.

Just a small list of players we passed on because we had faith in Tannehill and could have drafted.

Russel Wilson, Kirk Cousins, Nick Foles, Jimmy G, Dak Prescott and Lamar Jackson.... that last one still keeps me up at night.

Only ones on that list worth caring about are Wilson and Jackson. The rest at their best are only as good as Tannehill or worse, and lack the physical skill.

Fletcher worst pick instead of Brees
John Avery (Jimmy Johnson pick) which was a trade down from 20 where Randy Moss would have been picked.

Tua is the opposite of a Bust. He is a winner already and bringing that winning IT factor to the Phins.

I just don't think of missing Brees in the draft the same way as when we missed him in 2006. Through several years Brees was a draft bust who after a few years starting regressed to the point where the only receiver he could his was his half back. After Rivers was drafted but then held out Brees transformed himself, but this is after even the team that drafted him essentially gave up on him. I kind of feel like the Brees we would have gotten in Miami, which with every other QB that came through in those years had such a rudimentary passing game, would have been the guy who busted before getting a second lease on life.

Ryan Tannehill deserves a mention.

He had 7 years.... zero playoff appearances.

LOL. As a Rookie out of the gate Tannehill threw for 431 yards, surpassing the Dolphins' single-game record for most passing yards by a rookie quarterback, set by Dan Marino in 1983. Tannehill's mark was one yard shy of the NFL's single-game passing-yard record by a rookie quarterback, set by Panthers quarterback Cam Newton in 2011. He threw a touchdown and two interceptions in the 24–21 overtime loss to the Cardinals.[40] In Week 16, Tannehill set a franchise record for longest run by a quarterback by rushing 31 yards in a single play. The previous record was set by Pat White who had a 30-yard run in 2009. During that game against the Buffalo Bills, Tannehill also became the fifth quarterback in team history to surpass 3,000 passing yards in a season. Tannehill went on to set franchise rookie records for passing yards, attempts, and completions. He accomplished this with no Oline , No coaching and only a handful of starts in college as a QB.

Last season After making the Probowl , the AFC Championship and the best QB passing rating in the NFL he signed a new deal making him one of the best paid QB in the NFL. Tannehill has lived up to everything and then some. Its the Dolphins that didnt live up to their side of the bargain.

1) Dion Jordan
2) Pat White
3) John Beck
4) Charles Harris
5) Dallas Thomas

Thomas makes the list over Michael Egnew and Eddie Moore because not only he was god awful, but no matter how terrible he was, at every position, Philbin would not stop playing him.
Guys picked in the second and third rounds can’t make a list. They’re statistically unlikely to be great players to begin with. It has to be a high first rounder.

I can’t believe nobody has mentioned Sammie Smith. He was the 9th pick of the draft and was a beast in college. This was prime Marino years when our biggest hole was our lack of a running game. Fumbling problems forced him out of Miami after his second year.
What a waste....

I'm not sure we agree. I can think of coaches who were worse but I certainly can't think of many who crashed so thoroughly while having such lofty expectations which he himself perpetuated.
Clown shoes....typical

Saban won 15 games with Gus Frerotte, Sage Rosenfells, an injured Dante Culpepper, and Joey Harrington. He certainly wasn’t a bust but did leave before fulfilling his lofty expectations.

Even though he was 2nd round pick and not a 1st, I would say John Beck was one of the worst draft picks in Dolphins history. Nothing in his college career suggested he would be a good pro quarterback, yet Cam Cameron & co. insisted he would be a franchise QB and the best QB in the 2007 draft. His performances were among the most inept in Dolphins history. He made Cleo Lemon look good.

Back
Top Bottom