biggest bust | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

biggest bust

unifiedtheory said:
All Time Busts?
I know this is off topic but whenever I see a list of "All Time Dolphin Busts" on this message board the John Avery's and Yatil Green's of the world always come up and then it is followed by the manditory "Jimmy could'nt draft offense/he ruined our team" or the "he passed on Randy Moss" revisionist history comes up...take a good LONG look at what Shula's skillful drafting did for this team for over a decade.A decade when we had the greatest player to ever play the sport behind center.

it took guts to say that. I suspect that without Danny, Don would not be "all time winner". To be even more blasphemis(-10sp), without Don, Danny would have a ring.

All of the guys mentioned here are the best candidates...I think that Avery takes my vote as the worst move, biggest bust because we desperately needed a go-to RB and he was supposed to be it...Yatil doesn't bother me as much because the move to draft him was fine, just unfortunate that he had the injuries. However, Kumerow and Milner were pretty poor moves as well...I remember saying "WHO ??" I ususally follow the draft and had to look both those guys up when we picked them. Not only were they not projected as 1st rounders, but Kumerow wasn't even predicted on day one... Fletcher has to go down as a complete bust as well...another guy that didn't fit the position he played by Wanny. The difference between Avery and those other guys, including Yatil, is that even tho the positions were need positions when we drafted, the biggest need that we had was the RB that year, as compared to the others.

lamar smith a bust? he was a pick up that actually played pretty well. maybe off subject, but in defense of shula and johnson, shula couldn't hit on any defensive picks. johnson couldn't hit offense. johnson gets a lot of credit for the defensive guys but he traded for so may picks that some worked out, bellichick now is the same way, he drafts so many guys through trades for extra that he gets a couple decent guys and he is a genius, but the majority of his picks are busts as well.

Back
Top Bottom