Biggest disappointment in Dolphins history? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest disappointment in Dolphins history?

Um, Ramsey had a discounted price for us and a different price for all of the other teams. He said it himself. He wanted to come to the team that Grier/McD is building.

Your hatred is blinding you and making you seem soft in the head.
He has to go shopping for these guys because he can’t draft them. All that money spent on a 9-8 team that still has the same problem at O-line, and until Tua proves he can stay healthy, at QB as well. Grier with a more frugal owner would have been fired years ago.

By far, the Dolphins losing the Super Bowl to the 49ers following the greatest season any player ever had when Marino threw for 48 TDs and 5,084 yards.

Losing to the Patriots at home in the AFC championship game the following year would be second.

Jimmy Johnson trading out of the 19th pick rather than taking Randy Moss is up there.

Yup same here BC the game happened in January 1982… It’s called the Epic in Miami - google it if you want. Such a disappointing game… If I remember correctly we were down 24 to nothing and then we used the famous hook and lateral play to Tony Nathan to get a TD late 2nd qtr. Dolphins controlled most of the play in the second half and got it to overtime…only to miss that kick. Ugh, anyway Don Shula vs Air Coryell. That one hurt way down deep and for a hell of a long time… I can still feel it now. 😶☹️ Wow Deep, you were there huh? Tragic game - used to love Pete Stoyanovich. But man that was such a letdown missing that kick. Ask Joe Rose - bet he’d 2nd that emotion. Was that the game where Don Strock came in? It’s purposely a little foggy… The kind of game you want to try and forget, while being such an amazing losing effort.

I remember that game. It made me aware of the Miami Dolphins.

Curtis Martin didn't play for the Patriots in 1985. That was way before his time.
It was Tony Collins and Craig James that ran all over us in the '85 AFC Championship game. The same game that Irving Fryar missed for NE after getting his finger sliced up after a fight with his wife.

He has to go shopping for these guys because he can’t draft them. All that money spent on a 9-8 team that still has the same problem at O-line, and until Tua proves he can stay healthy, at QB as well. Grier with a more frugal owner would have been fired years ago.
How did Holland, Phillips, Hunt, Tua, Waddle, Kader, Brandon, Howard, Wilkins get on the team? Maybe I missed something. I love people like you who think that getting great players like those is the expectation. He just got the freaking best CB in the league for Long and a third rounder. What do you want? Tell me the thing he needs to do. It's absolutely freaking ridiculous.

It was Tony Collins and Craig James that ran all over us in the '85 AFC Championship game. The same game that Irving Fryar missed for NE after getting his finger sliced up after a fight with his wife.
I couldn't think of Craig James name. Him and Erik Dickerson were called the pony express when they were teammates at SMU. He had his way with us that day

How did Holland, Phillips, Hunt, Tua, Waddle, Kader, Brandon, Howard, Wilkins get on the team? Maybe I missed something. I love people like you who think that getting great players like those is the expectation. He just got the freaking best CB in the league for Long and a third rounder. What do you want? Tell me the thing he needs to do. It's absolutely freaking ridiculous.
He needs to not suck at drafting. He needs to not suck at building an offensive line, he needs to not suck at finding running backs that can eat up clock, etc. Also, none of those guys you mentioned is a superstar by any means.

What is the biggest disappointment in Dolphins history?

For me it is the Dolphins loss in the AFC championship game against the Patriots, Dolphins would have won the Superbowl against the Bears since it is a bad matchup against the Bears

A close 2nd would be after a great start at 9-2, Dolphins lost the rest of the games and missed the playoffs
Same for me. Miami was a better team that year, but the Pats were a bad match-up. They were doing a ton of defense changes at the snap before anybody else and Marino always struggled when his pre-snap read changed. The Superbowl against the Bears would have been closer than the earlier game, but we were a bad match-up for them. That should have been Marino's SB win.

Curtis Martin didn't play for the Patriots in 1985. That was way before his time.
It was frigging Craig James. I was at that game, Phins just couldn't hold onto the ball that day. Tony Nathan fumbled the first play of the game and Lorenzo Hampton fumbled the opening kickoff of the second half. Hard to win that way. So long ago, but I vividly remember telling everyone who would listen, "it's OK,as long as Marino is in there we'll have plenty of opportunities to go to the Super Bowl." Yeah, great call there Nostradumbass

I couldn't think of Craig James name. Him and Erik Dickerson were called the pony express when they were teammates at SMU. He had his way with us that day
SMU got the death penalty after those two left school. Ron Meyer was right in the middle of it all.

He needs to not suck at drafting. He needs to not suck at building an offensive line, he needs to not suck at finding running backs that can eat up clock, etc. Also, none of those guys you mentioned is a superstar by any means.
If he sucked at drafting then how did those players I cited that he drafted get on the team?

WTF? Wilkins, Holland, Waddle, Tua's play last year, Howard, Ramsey, aren't star players? Dude, you're just proving how ignorant you are more and more with each post.

Back
Top Bottom