Biggest disappointment in Dolphins history? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest disappointment in Dolphins history?

Watching Joe "Heisman" knock the ball out of Bokampers hands on what would have sealed (interception,maybe for a TD) the Super Bowl game, then having the "diesel" run over a great CB (Don McNeal) playing with a broken arm to win the game. Next the "Sea of hands" play in Oakland and having to fight my friends drunken dad afterwards. He hated Bob Griese, called him a "Boy Scout Leader", and thems fighting words.

What is the biggest disappointment in Dolphins history?

For me it is the Dolphins loss in the AFC championship game against the Patriots, Dolphins would have won the Superbowl against the Bears since it is a bad matchup against the Bears

A close 2nd would be after a great start at 9-2, Dolphins lost the rest of the games and missed the playoffs

Though I must agree that one hurt a lot, and might be my 3rd biggest disappointment, the loss in the SB against the Redskins (2), and Dan miss winning his 1st SB in only his 2nd year (1) where he had the best single season of any QB does hurt more.

Marino's last game. A divisional playoff loss to the Jags - 62-7. Maybe this one is more painful than disappointing.
That was right up there for me too. Drove up to Jax with a buddy, scalped tickets, talked so much $hit to Jags fans before kickoff, and then it was over in a blink of an eye. That image of Danny off by himself with helmet in hand in the second half, knowing he'd played his last down of football, so very sad. The ride home was deathly silent, it felt like we had just been to a funeral.

I'm not game, season, or player based on my answer. It's the fickle fans that want to whine about how long since we won a SB like it's some form of force multiplier from an anguish standpoint and allows for them to smear the internet with their whining.

I'm not game, season, or player based on my answer. It's the fickle fans that want to whine about how long since we won a SB like it's some form of force multiplier from an anguish standpoint and allows for them to smear the internet with their whining.
It's the off-season, Loco. Let people have their opinions.

This thread should be cancelled immediately due to the "negative only" format it presents. - rLOL

No, it doesn’t mean the Fins would have won the SB. Bears were on a mission. Ok, we beat them on a magical Monday night, but that means nothing when you are in the post season.
You live in a fantasy world
It is obvious you are a Bears fan, get off the forum and go to a Bears forum

For me personally, it was that 2002 team not making the playoffs.
That team went from number 1 seed in December to out of the playoffs in two weeks.
I don't know what would have happened during the playoffs, but i think we were a better team than Tampa Bay that year.

What’s up, Chris? What Noah Igbonoghene-type player are you looking at in this year’s draft?

Yup that was a kicker too I remember the Patriots as they marched down the field running Curtis Martin down our throats… And we had a chance to win if we could’ve just held them out of the end zone. It was the D that let us down. Danny boy played well enough but we just couldn’t stop Raymond Berry’s Patriots huh? DOOM Pretty sure that was the game right? I tend to lock really tough loss away in a dark box. I actually just googled it and I think I got some of this wrong… Ugh Looks like that game might’ve been on Danny cause apparently the Patriots converted six turnovers to win pretty big. Might have my wires crossed a little bit here.
Curtis Martin didn't play for the Patriots in 1985. That was way before his time.

You mean the guy that is getting the highest grade on FA moves? The guy that just got Jalen Ramsey for a nobody and a third rounder? Crazy much?

View attachment 137375
*The guy that’s spending Ross’ money. I can’t stand Ross either because of all the drama and buffoonery that has gone on during his tenure as owner, but most of the quality players we have now are because he opened his wallet.

*The guy that’s spending Ross’ money. I can’t stand Ross either because of all the drama and buffoonery that has gone on during his tenure as owner, but most of the quality players we have now are because he opened his wallet.
Um, Ramsey had a discounted price for us and a different price for all of the other teams. He said it himself. He wanted to come to the team that Grier/McD is building.

Your hatred is blinding you and making you seem soft in the head.

Back
Top Bottom