Biggest disappointment in Dolphins history? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest disappointment in Dolphins history?

For me it was when we lost in the AFC title game in the late 90s.

Followed up by that time we drafted a WR to play QB who ended up being our QB for almost a decade and doing absolulty nothing. I was just furious when we drafted Tannehill. It still makes me angry thinking about it.

And in 3rd place was Tua getting hurt last season.

1. Losing to the Redskins in the Super Bowl.
2. BLowing the lead to the Chargers 21-6 in the 1994 Div. Round.
3. 2002: Last week of the season, choking away a 24-13 lead at New England with 4:59 left to blow the division and the playoffs. That was the end right there. This team has been a punch line since and has done nothing to change that narrative.

2002 season finale is pretty high up there for me: Dolphins up 24-13 with under 5:00 left against the Pats...at home...when a win seals the AFC East. Pats score a TD, then the 2 point conversion. Miami gets the ball back with 2:42 left.

New England hadn't stopped the run all day...they gave up TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY SIX YARDS RUSHING.

Oh, and Miami had Ricky Williams in their backfield...you know, the guy who just happened to be the NFL rushing leader. He was averaging SIX YARDS A CARRY that game. All Miami had to do was get a first down, and they win. I know Ricky was gassed, but hell, run it with Travis Minor, or anyone. Jesus, kneel the ball three times and make New England use their time outs.

What does Wannstdedt do? Calls two straight passes (both incomplete), then a QB draw. They took EIGHT seconds off the clock. New England kicks the field goal to tie it, then wins in overtime. No game has made me angrier in my life.

It’s been said, but that San Diego divisional game in 94 to this day kills me….my first full season of being a fan with Marino (became a fan after 92 season when I was 8) , Coleman stuffing means on the goal line on 4th down to this day is a top 5 dolphin memory for me….
I remember being devastated when Mark Seay came open from within 600 lineman to score the winner,Humphrey jumping up and down, then feeling like God himself threw the flag to save us when Scott miller got destroyed by the chargers safety on marinos desperation drive to get into field goal range and of course then stoyo…ripping my guts out….I need a drink.

What is the biggest disappointment in Dolphins history?

For me it is the Dolphins loss in the AFC championship game against the Patriots, Dolphins would have won the Superbowl against the Bears since it is a bad matchup against the Bears

A close 2nd would be after a great start at 9-2, Dolphins lost the rest of the games and missed the playoffs
Alas, I was at this game! Terrible rainy day. Tons of fumbles. Everyone in America wanted the rematch with the Bears. Would have been epic. Also, the whole 1995 season was a disappointment. Really, this was Dan's last great chance. All of Jimmy Johnson's tenure was a disappointment when you consider he came in as a two time SB champ and a Natty from the U. He kind of ran The Don into retirement and then could not deliver. 2002 sucked as well. 9-5 coming off a win v the Raiders. Great defense at their peek and Ricky had a great year. Lost last two games in brutal fashion to miss the playoffs.

What is the biggest disappointment in Dolphins history?

For me it is the Dolphins loss in the AFC championship game against the Patriots, Dolphins would have won the Superbowl against the Bears since it is a bad matchup against the Bears

A close 2nd would be after a great start at 9-2, Dolphins lost the rest of the games and missed the playoffs
No, it doesn’t mean the Fins would have won the SB. Bears were on a mission. Ok, we beat them on a magical Monday night, but that means nothing when you are in the post season.
You live in a fantasy world

It’s been said, but that San Diego divisional game in 94 to this day kills me….my first full season of being a fan with Marino (became a fan after 92 season when I was 8) , Coleman stuffing means on the goal line on 4th down to this day is a top 5 dolphin memory for me….
I remember being devastated when Mark Seay came open from within 600 lineman to score the winner,Humphrey jumping up and down, then feeling like God himself threw the flag to save us when Scott miller got destroyed by the chargers safety on marinos desperation drive to get into field goal range and of course then stoyo…ripping my guts out….I need a drink.
Zero points scored in the second half. Still wanna punch Humphries’ stupid face.

No, it doesn’t mean the Fins would have won the SB. Bears were on a mission. Ok, we beat them on a magical Monday night, but that means nothing when you are in the post season.
You live in a fantasy world

As do you...only your fantasies are filled with evil clowns, gloom and disappointment.

Back
Top Bottom