Biggest disappointment in Dolphins history? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest disappointment in Dolphins history?

Curtis Martin didn't play for the Patriots in 1985. That was way before his time.
Yeah, like I said last night...it was late and my wires were crossed. But thanks for rubbin that one in for me Canes! - appreciate your input!

Why does the line - "I've forgotten more than you remembered" come to mind?

Sea of Hands game for me. Took a near miracle for the Raiders to win that, maybe the football Gods making up for the Immaculate Reception.

Miami had the pedigree. I believe they were the best team in the NFL and would have won a third straight super bowl.

It really signified the end of the Dolphins dynasty with Csonka, Warfield and Kiick leaving for the World Football League.

Last edited:
It was Tony Collins and Craig James that ran all over us in the '85 AFC Championship game. The same game that Irving Fryar missed for NE after getting his finger sliced up after a fight with his wife.
Ya, musta been Raymond Berry back then too? Or r my wires still crossed?

Sea of Hands game for me. Took a near miracle for the Raiders to win that, maybe the football games making up for the Immaculate Reception.

Miami had the pedigree. I believe they were the best team in the NFL and would have won a third straight super bowl.

It really signified the end of the Dolphins dynasty with Csonka, Warfield and Kiick leaving for the World Football League.
Yup - coulda been a threepeat and Madden gets all the credit. Shoulda been Shula. Nasty as hell.

Unbelievable that even the media still calls that play a "Hook and Ladder"

It's a HOOK and L A T E R A L.

Funny tho, when I see Hook and Ladder, over and over again...I always thinka Kramer in the Seinfeld episode where he's driving the Firetruck ladder!
Yeah but ladder is more fun to say.

Hey Sofakingdrunk - you'd prolly member the game where Andra Franklin couldn't play cuz a the spigmomanometer? I think that mighta been a playoff game.

Franklin was a beast but he had heart issues. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Aretha Franklin?

Hey Sofakingdrunk - you'd prolly member the game where Andra Franklin couldn't play cuz a the spigmomanometer? I think that mighta been a playoff game.

Franklin was a beast but he had heart issues. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Short career, short life. Modern medicine probably could've extended his career, not sure much can be done with congenital heart failure though.

Yup - coulda been a threepeat and Madden gets all the credit. Shoulda been Shula. Nasty as hell.
I think if that game was played today, Miami would have drained the clock like KC did in the super bowl. Probably winning it 22-21.

What is the biggest disappointment in Dolphins history?

For me it is the Dolphins loss in the AFC championship game against the Patriots, Dolphins would have won the Superbowl against the Bears since it is a bad matchup against the Bears

A close 2nd would be after a great start at 9-2, Dolphins lost the rest of the games and missed the playoffs
That's a big one. Miami had defeated New England twice during the regular season, but played so poorly in that game.

I knew the Patriots didn't match up against Chicago, while the Dolphins clearly did.

I think 1994 was the biggest disappointment during the Marino era. He was In his third season, so had to think Marino would have more chances.

In '94 it was becoming pretty clear that it wasn't going to happen for Marino.

Back
Top Bottom