Biggest disappointment in Dolphins history? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Biggest disappointment in Dolphins history?

The Monday Night game against the Jets when Dwight Stephenson suffered a career ending knee injury, our line was never the same and Marino never had close to the protection Dwight offered.
Im not saying all of our centers were bad , Just Dwight was elite , maybe the best Ever.
Marino was never the same in my opinion.

Yeah, like I said last night...it was late and my wires were crossed. But thanks for rubbin that one in for me Canes! - appreciate your input!

Why does the line - "I've forgotten more than you remembered" come to mind?
No sweat brother. I'm here for ya. Judging by your post about Curtis Martin, it appears you've forgotten quite a bit. You should try sodoku, it exercises the brain.

The Monday Night game against the Jets when Dwight Stephenson suffered a career ending knee injury, our line was never the same and Marino never had close to the protection Dwight offered.
Im not saying all of our centers were bad , Just Dwight was elite , maybe the best Ever.
That injury was courtesy of Marty Lyons. His old team mate from Bama. What a scumbag

I'll say Stephen Ross buying the team. So many disasters it's hard to keep track. Just a **** human being who has dragged the franchise down to his level. The hires (up until recently, hopefully) have been historically bad. The guy threatened to move the team to LA after his stadium hissy fit and people somehow forgave him for it ... not me.

This is magnified 100 times over being that who knows how long this team will be controlled by NY parasites. This could just be the beginning.

The amount of bad decisions -- over and over again -- that got us from the dynasty years, to Marino & company, then to where we are now is truly awe inspiring. It took effort to drag this franchise into the mud. I could make a better argument that it was done on purpose than merely a culmination of doorknob humping over decades. It's impressive when you step back and really look at the magnitude of stupidity during his tenure that has cursed this team.

When Csonka, Kiick, and Warfield left for the WFL : they agreed to terms with the WFL in 1974, played for the Dolphins that year. But obviously it killed the mojo. Then the trio was gone in 1975.

For me, it is without question, the hiring of Jimmuh! Johnson.

This was just a disastrous move that set us back a decade.
Disagree. He built a strong defense and drafted 2 hall of famers. Huizenga wouldn’t allow him to trade Marino. Jimmy was the best in the league at talent evaluation and was also the best head coach in the league at the time. He simply lost the desire to do the job.

Easy Jimmy Johnson's tenure as head coach and all the other HC after him.

Disagree. He built a strong defense and drafted 2 hall of famers. Huizenga wouldn’t allow him to trade Marino. Jimmy was the best in the league at talent evaluation and was also the best head coach in the league at the time. He simply lost the desire to do the job.
Wow, you beat my response by 6 minutes lol

Obviously... I could not disagree any more strenuously.

Yeah ****ing Joe Klecko right? Or maybe Marty Lyons. ****ing jets. Dwights my fav all-time Fin

Back
Top Bottom