BigO on now... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BigO on now...

Aqua... sorry you have unpleasant memories re the 70's....

I can't say that though , had a lot of fun and great experiences throughout the 70's....some are even repeatable lol.

As for the music, Boston was radio listenable to be sure ....but there was some amazing music being made in the 70's.....a plethora of truly classic and eclectic passionate music...

But hey Aqua.... let's hope something from the seventies reappears.... a couple championships for the Fins :):):)

heheh.... Yeah. That SD game we had last year showed me what DB is capable of even against a stellar secondary. He's like a starting running back with great hands and WR speed. He'll knock MF'ers down on his way to the goal line.

Re: Re: Re: Re: IMHO, it will take all of 1 week

Originally posted by ohall

The real problem with this passing attack will be fixed when Boston arrives. No longer can they double down on CC and blitz the QB like they did all last year. I'm estatic they are addressing the old OL, but IMO the WR corps was the real problem with the Dolphins passing attack, and that has been the case for almost a decade. Thankfully now with Sullivan here as WR coach and a real WR corps this passing attack should shine no matter who the QB is.

Oliver...

Sorry Oliver, but you're 180 degrees off here. Yes, the WR corp needed addressing, and the FO looks like they've done a good job there. But it wasn't the WR's that were letting Ricky get hit behind the LOS. And it wasn't the WR's that had the QB running for his life. EVERYTHING starts with the OL.

Originally posted by Agua
NJ baby, the sad part of it is Big O is probably at least as old as us. :D

Ah, you guys are a bunch of young squirts still!! :cry: :cry: :D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: IMHO, it will take all of 1 week

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Sorry Oliver, but you're 180 degrees off here. Yes, the WR corp needed addressing, and the FO looks like they've done a good job there. But it wasn't the WR's that were letting Ricky get hit behind the LOS. And it wasn't the WR's that had the QB running for his life. EVERYTHING starts with the OL.
I agree with Oliver and you as well.. Its both ways, cuase the couple of times i remember we had time to throw the ball, wide receivers dropped it.. Oline played at least 3 or 4 good games this year, and during those games ive seen dropped passes...and as well as overthrown or underthrown passes.

OKAY, OKAY 70s FANS...

Yes, of what was available in the 70s music scene, yes, Boston was one of the few highlights, along with Yes, ELP, (some) Led Zep.

Its just hard for me to dissassociate the 70s from the likes of Donna Summers, KC, pina colada song, afternoon delight, love boat, fantasy island ..... ack. let's drop this 70s stuff okay. My fault for bringing it up.

I'm not going to argue about this, but the WR corps is the exact reason that was happening. Defenses were leaving extra LB'ers and/or DB's up close because they did not fear the WR's that we had would beat them them deep or if they did they would actually make the catch. When a D is not scared about giving up the long ball, they can play it short.

You say it was the OL, some say it was the QB, I say it was the horrid WR corps the Dolphins have had for almost a decade. It's about darn time they got some real WR's here. The last time the Dolphins had a tandom at WR that scared anyone deep were the Mark brothers.

Oliver...

to be fair, with the absence of any sort of aerial attack, my grandmother could of game planned against our offense last season.

8 guys in the box didnt give the OL much chance. thats the beauty of the boston trade, it helps us in so many different ways, all the while taking on only minimum risk.

27, I think Oliver was speaking in the sense that the OL will be fixed and at least it seems their making the moves to hopefulyy get it done. Plus with Boston there, teams won't be doubling CC all the time and crowding the LOS as much. There gonna have to keep both safeties back to help cover CC and DB. That will count for fewer blitzes, somewhat, and give a little more room for Ricky to run or the F-man to set up and throw.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: IMHO, it will take all of 1 week

Originally posted by Can we win a SB

I agree with Oliver and you as well.. Its both ways, cuase the couple of times i remember we had time to throw the ball, wide receivers dropped it.. Oline played at least 3 or 4 good games this year, and during those games ive seen dropped passes...and as well as overthrown or underthrown passes.

My POV is you can switch OL or WR as far as the #1 spot in the blame game, it's just I feel the WR corps is the #1 reason. Others obviously disagree. I think we all agree both needed to be addressed, and thankfully both have been.

Oliver...

Originally posted by dolfan22
Aqua... sorry you have unpleasant memories re the 70's....

I can't say that though , had a lot of fun and great experiences throughout the 70's....some are even repeatable lol.

As for the music, Boston was radio listenable to be sure ....but there was some amazing music being made in the 70's.....a plethora of truly classic and eclectic passionate music...

But hey Aqua.... let's hope something from the seventies reappears.... a couple championships for the Fins :):):)

RUSH still rules.

Re: nflddolfan

Originally posted by nflddolfan
dude, that music rocks!!!!!!!!!!

Pure classic!!!!!

Sure was................. except for the hard core disco tho. I wasn't into disco that much. To me, the beat was sorta like trying to keep up with the beat of someone whackin' off a wildcat in a telephone booth or som'n !! :D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: IMHO, it will take all of 1 week

Originally posted by ohall

You say it was the OL, some say it was the QB, I say it was the horrid WR corps the Dolphins have had for almost a decade. It's about darn time they got some real WR's here.
Oliver...

Honestly O, it was a combo of all three, misfiring alternatively and in combination with each other.

[Edited to include the following:] WR will be greatly improved. No question. The QB STILL has to be able to connect. It should be easier to do so, but whoever it is STILL has to connect.

Still...if Boston plays like his billing, with Chambers and Randy, whew...brings chills and would have to loosen things for Ricky and Konrad out of backfield....more chills. But OL still needs to be worked on....as far as QB....he most of us fans are still looking to have Fiedler, AJ, Henson, Rivers, Brunnell, or whoever be Marino...Folks it ain't gonna happen....we are spoiled rotten still, several years after he's gone. Fielder or AJ can get the job done with the better talent we seem to be acquiring....(OL still needs help...draft, Nails, etc)

Back
Top Bottom