Bill Barnwell proposes Chiefs trade Chris Jones to Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Barnwell proposes Chiefs trade Chris Jones to Dolphins

I love Jones, but I think it's onto the draft. I do like that compensation, though. My concern is adding another large contract.

Chiefs arnt dumb enough to trade Jones. Hes the MVP of their rather weak defense. Losing Jones makes their defense to weak to repeat as champs. 0% chance this happen.

I would love it tho

I don't like giving up 1st and paying the player top dollar, would rather see if we could land Trent Williams for a 3rd or 4th and extend him at 16 mil, at least he would be protecting the QB and provide a veteran tackle presents on the line 10-16-16 mil would be the deal, grooming an offensive tackle we get in the 2nd or 3rd of the draft this year. Most of the 2nd tier OT are not ready to start.

Godchaux was an excellent run stopper in the NFL last year and we may need a FA DT to rush the passer and should draft another one high next year, get a pass rushing DT on the cheap.

Would give pick 56 not 26 to expensive, 17 mil has been top dollar last 2 years for us, I don't know Chris Jones game well enough to say he is worth it.
Jones 23 solo tackles and 9 sacks - Godchaux 33 solo tackles 2 sacks - know there more to it than that.

RB Dobbins looks good to me at 26

I agree completely. So the question becomes if DT an important enough position in this defense to warrant that salary? I don’t believe so.

I don't either. It seems to be based on versatility upfront and each guy doing a little of everything with talent on the back end locking WRs down.

He wants $22.5M+, Aaron Donald money. After watching the Suh deal cripple us, i can't see doing this deal with Jones AND giving up draft picks on top of it. We're not ready to win this year and KC isn't signing him next year, so just wait and if you still want to sign him, consider it then. I'd rather put that money to build an offense around a stud QB and take a shot at a young DT in the draft......Kinlaw, Blacklock, Elliott, Hamilton. Put those guys next to Wilkins and Godchaux.

Chris Jones is a player you can line up anywhere on defense. And that type of presence is rare and hard to find. And no, I do not think he gets traded this year.

I'd give up 26 and a 4th for him. Since 2017 he has the 7th most sacks of any defensive linemen with 31, and he'll only be 26 when the season starts. What are the chances we get a player of his caliber with the 26th pick in the draft?
Nah. We’re good. Charles Harris is going to finally break out this year with 18 sacks, 7 FF, 3 FR, 6 batted passes, 1 blocked FG, 2 safeties and a partridge in a pear tree.

Nah. We’re good. Charles Harris is going to finally break out this year with 18 sacks, 7 FF, 3 FR, 6 batted passes, 1 blocked FG, 2 safeties and a partridge in a pear tree.

I could max out his attributes on Madden and play on rookie difficulty setting and he'd still probably only muster 2 sacks on the season....due to coverage of course.

Apart from Safety position which might get addressed in the Draft it's now heavy on Offense imo.

We don't have the cap space, which is about $5M, to make this trade once you take out our rookies contracts. I know we could cut Albert Wilson & save $9.5M plus the little over $2M we'd save by trading pick 18 or 26 but that only gets us to $16.5M in cap space. With our front office finally structuring contracts the right way trading for Jones & paying him $22M just isn't in the cards.

We need a LT and don't have the cap space.

With the 5th pick Derrick Brown costs a lot less. Mayne Kinlaw at #18. Don't need Jones but I like Jones as a player.

Back
Top Bottom