Bill Barnwell proposes Chiefs trade Chris Jones to Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Barnwell proposes Chiefs trade Chris Jones to Dolphins

I agree completely. So the question becomes if DT an important enough position in this defense to warrant that salary? I don’t believe so.

Only if the DL wins you a SB like it did for NYG. Twice. Or DEN. Once.

Jones would be better than any defensive lineman in the draft not names Young. I would make that trade and not think twice about it. Since the money is coming out of Ross’s bank account and not mine, what do I care what it cost to sign him?

Jones would be better than any defensive lineman in the draft not names Young. I would make that trade and not think twice about it. Since the money is coming out of Ross’s bank account and not mine, what do I care what it cost to sign him?

People say this all the time, but it seems obvious people should care because there is a salary cap and if you overpay in one area it's going to hurt the team in the long run in other areas. It's not like you can just say I don't care if the team/owner gives one player $100,000 miliion it's not my money and not realize you won't have enough left to build a team around that player.

I can’t wait for the draft to get here because I’m getting sick of every hack writer putting zeronthooghtnintontrade scenarios outside of “the Dolphins have 3 firsts! They’ll trade for (insert high priced veteran).”.

None. They were simply along for the ride.

Tannehill would’ve outplayed the Mannings in all 3 of those games.

I think that guy was assuming I was saying that DL doesn’t matter, which I’m clearly not. But there are positions on the field that are more valuable than others and Flores came from a system that treated the front 7 as mostly interchangeable. He sure as hell values those elite CBS, though.

I'd do this deal. As someone else said, you pay talent and the guy is young and solid and would be #2 at his position if in this draft.

we are more than a DE away. this is a trade you make when you are close. We spent our FA money already, now is the time to build through the draft

Back
Top Bottom