Bill Barnwell proposes Chiefs trade Chris Jones to Dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Barnwell proposes Chiefs trade Chris Jones to Dolphins

There will be an increased demand for tv after this uncertainty. Perhaps they will get with the times and be able to provide streaming.
The NFL's television contracts run through 2022. Any benefit from increased viewership would accrue to the networks, not the league.

The NFL's television contracts run through 2022. Any benefit from increased viewership would accrue to the networks, not the league.
They'd have to renegotiate, if they decide to play games with no fans in attendance. If the NFL wouldn't make money, or lose it, they'll just cancel the season.

You think maybe the Mannings had some sort of role in those SB wins?

All 22 starters and reserves did.

However, Manning had zero role in limiting what was the highest output offense in the history of the game in 2007 to 14 points and only 274 net yards while accumulating 5 sacks.

They won the SB that season on the strength of their defense and more specifically, their defensive line.
Manning and Tyree get all the recognition for the big play, as does Plaxico for the game winning score, but those plays can’t be made if the defense doesn’t dominate as they did.

I know you’re a smart guy Locke. You know that’s the truth. Shouldn’t need me to point it out.

I think that guy was assuming I was saying that DL doesn’t matter, which I’m clearly not. But there are positions on the field that are more valuable than others and Flores came from a system that treated the front 7 as mostly interchangeable. He sure as hell values those elite CBS, though.

No, that guy wasn’t assuming anything. You’re now assuming.

I simply made the point, and have done so numerous times in various threads, that a SB can be achieved in various ways.

Since it’s not possible for all 32 teams to have an elite QB, sometimes it’s best to build other ways. And it’s been proven, multiple times, that a dominant defensive line can win a title.

So, if you get the right guys, it wouldn’t be the worst idea to pay them.

All 22 starters and reserves did.

However, Manning had zero role in limiting what was the highest output offense in the history of the game in 2007 to 14 points and only 274 net yards while accumulating 5 sacks.

They won the SB that season on the strength of their defense and more specifically, their defensive line.
Manning and Tyree get all the recognition for the big play, as does Plaxico for the game winning score, but those plays can’t be made if the defense doesn’t dominate as they did.

I know you’re a smart guy Locke. You know that’s the truth. Shouldn’t need me to point it out.

The point is that certain positions are of higher financial value than others. We can all agree that the entire 53 man roster contributes to a win. What I’m saying is that Flores comes from a system that treats the front 7 relatively interchangeably, so it makes little sense to devote a first round pick and 20M a season to a DT. That’s an especially poor idea considering the funds tied up in Xavien Howard and Byron Jones, which is a position the Flores defense highly values.

Fins just handed out some large contracts to pass-rushers. I’d prefer to not pay them to sit on the bench. Miami is not contending for the Super Bowl this year. I wouldn’t hate such a trade coming off a 10 win season

The point is that certain positions are of higher financial value than others. We can all agree that the entire 53 man roster contributes to a win. What I’m saying is that Flores comes from a system that treats the front 7 relatively interchangeably, so it makes little sense to devote a first round pick and 20M a season to a DT. That’s an especially poor idea considering the funds tied up in Xavien Howard and Byron Jones, which is a position the Flores defense highly values.

Perhaps, for the Dolphins it doesn’t fit. I was just responding to your question in general terms.

If someone has built a team like those NYG teams, it would be smart to invest in that dline. That’s all I was saying.

Because they clearly proved as important as any other position on that team. They led the charge in winning 2 SB’s.

Last edited:
Hyperbole. You need to pay for some talent.
didn't we do that a month ago? you are careless in spending. The majority of this team needs to be built through the draft and developed. Free agency, when utilized right, is getting one or two players to put you over the top. Not sure if you recall Mike Wallace, Brandon Albert, Suh and all the other dead cap money we have spent

didn't we do that a month ago? you are careless in spending. The majority of this team needs to be built through the draft and developed. Free agency, when utilized right, is getting one or two players to put you over the top. Not sure if you recall Mike Wallace, Brandon Albert, Suh and all the other dead cap money we have spent
Hey man, I don't need to have my thought process signed off on by someone that doesn't know how to use a shift key or punctuation. My thoughts are my thoughts.

He might be all that and a bag of chips, but I'm not paying top dollar for a player who just got a ring when his own team won't.

Back
Top Bottom