Bill Lazor Fired | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Lazor Fired

I think 'Coach-Killer' is unfair for Tannehill.

'QB-Killer' is what both Sherman and Lazor were much more so than the other way around. Tannehill's next Pro-Style offense will be his first.

Honestly, I predict promoting Taylor will practically mean that Tannehill will call the game. I think this totally puts RT in the drivers seat and it's his audition to be a QB like Brees or Manning. He will put his football acumen on display.

If it fails, then RT will have one less big excuse. The offensive line woes will still be there, but let's see if Tannehill can adjust to offset them.

Miami Dolphins ‏@MiamiDolphins 26s26 seconds ago
Zac Taylor will serve as the team’s play caller and remain as quarterbacks coach.

Love this move. Campbell showing he cares about winning and is now demanding the changes he originally wanted but never got.
I think a lot of us figure DC likely won't be back next year, and if he had kept Lazor through all this, I DEFinitely wouldn't want him back, so this is a good move on his job audition.

I will say this over and over: this is going to be a GREAT coaching job. The media will kill the opening. However, the bar is so low here, that any amount of relative success will be championed. There is some talent on the roster. While the division whipped the Fins this year, those teams are not world beaters outside the Pats...in addition, the Pats QB is in his late 30's. He cannot play forever. Plus, the owner provides resources to win. You have a QB that can be salvaged, but if you fail with him, you have a scapegoat in Tannehill and are able to get "your own guy".

I would run to this job.

There's some truth to this.

But the coaches are still awful.

When Dan Campbell became the interim head coach and the team suddenly started playing like an All Star team it was a BAD sign. I said so then. It was a sign that under Philbin they had stopping ****ing caring. And there is no excuse for that, no matter how bad your coach is. None. Be a man. Be a professional. Give high effort.

The pattern has played out just as I thought it would, unfortunately. A few games where they actually played hard followed by a return to their ****ty, low effort selves. Only this time the head in the noose was Lazor. Give these brats long enough and they'll work their way through every coach on the staff, good and bad alike.

Its too late in the season to matter, should have fired him when we fired everyone else

I might be the only person who doesn't have a problem with Zac Taylor taking over. He's not going to change the offense. Just the play calling. A blind monkey could call a better game than Lazor. They need to see how much of the offensive struggles were Lazor's play calling, and how much is Ryan Tannehill to figure out what path to take after the season. I'd bet this is a direct result of the tension reported last week where the front office sees Tanny as a potential Franchise QB, and certain coaches wanted him to manage the game. Is their any doubt it was Lazor leading that charge????

Falls in line with my belief that Dan was put in charge to steer the ship while massive changes are made. This will be a complete regime purge of Philbin/WCO/Kelly Offense and everything not Parcells.

Meanwhile, Tannenbaum is clearing all of the positions to establish complete rule. There are only 4 untouchables in the organization: 1) Tannenbaum, 2) Aponte, 3) Suh and 4) Tannehill.

Dan will be the face of the purge and will land nicely somewhere on a Parcell's disciple's team. Probably New England. Dan is Tannenbaum's eyes and ears inside the coaching staff. Suh is the equivalent for the players. And RT will be given a fair chance to succeed as Tannenbaum has too many other holes to fill and a decent young QB to keep the seat warm for the hand picked guy.

We will slowly fire, cut and dismiss all of the staff and many of the players. This draft and offseason will be about G's, T's, DE's and LB's.

Sean Payton, here we come.

I will say this over and over: this is going to be a GREAT coaching job. The media will kill the opening. However, the bar is so low here, that any amount of relative success will be championed. There is some talent on the roster. While the division whipped the Fins this year, those teams are not world beaters outside the Pats...in addition, the Pats QB is in his late 30's. He cannot play forever. Plus, the owner provides resources to win. You have a QB that can be salvaged, but if you fail with him, you have a scapegoat in Tannehill and are able to get "your own guy".

I would run to this job.

I agree....this is a good job, if the front office gets organized and there are clear lines of responsibility.

This team was 3 -3 against the division last year in Lazor's first year in this gimmicky offense. The rest of the division adapted....we did not......

I mean, people really think audibling is gonna fix this ****? That's all that's been holding us back? Audibling? :sidelol:

This move is cool with me if it means actual changes to the plays we're running.

If I tune in next week and see that we're actually running the football toward the opposing end zone (as opposed to the sideline) and not throwing bubble screens on half of our pass plays, then I guess I'll actually leave the game on.

I would run to this job.

I agree that the talent level is decent with holes, and that the record is NOT indicative of talent level. All the more reason to tank the season and get better draft picks. Play the kids, let Tannehill have freedom and see what he can do, and if we lose we at least know where our problems are talent wise.

Back
Top Bottom