Bill Lazor Fired | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Lazor Fired

Tanny has 5 games to show what he can do now w/o Lazor. Better make 'em count.

Not 40 times a game but I would be shocked if we don't run it at least 20-25 times a game. The reason I think our YPC will be low is because teams will expect the run more and counter it accordingly. I cant remember the last time we ran the ball successfully when the other team knew we were going to run it.

We should strive for a 50/50 balance between pass and run, but that will also be dictated by the flow of the game.

I don't expect wholesale changes initially, just not enough time to do so, but I do expect us to commit to the run on the field and not just talk about it in press conferences...

Slightly off topic but this firing got me to thinking of the last time I thought we had a decent Offensive Coordinator and Brian Dabolls name came to mind. I remember liking the direction we were headed that year and then he left. I think hes back in Foxsboro now coaching the TE's or something.

Look up "Air Coryell".

Before anyone thinks we can run that style....

Why did his productivity drop in Pitt? Why are his career highs in receptions and TDs (tied) from his time in Miami?

His system goes all the way back to Sid Gillman. Would love for our next coach to come from that coaching tree.

I hate that term FLOW OF THE GAME, good teams DICTATE what they will do with their opponents. We need to just toughen up and smack them in their mouths and run Miller all day. Next year we might not have Miller but whoever gets a hold of him will not waste his talents like this coaching staff did, what happen after that Houston game???

I'm just so baffled to how Lazor couldn't incorporate more running plays into our supposed "vertical" offense. First off you can't even call yourself a vertical offense when your main play is a WR bubble screen; a negative play that we are calling on 1st down like no one sees it coming. How about a DRAW, something that we actually run well if ever called more than once every six games, being the premise to the offense that wants to throw deep, gashing plays? Defenses couldn't T-off on our QB, giving our protection a slight advantage to lock up their men due to the hesitation of whether it's going to be a delayed run or a long throw. We have two 6'5 Tight Ends that can go vertical, a deep threat in Stills, and Parker can grab some 50-50 balls, with Landry and Miller underneath. How is it so hard to figure this stuff out? I will say too that I was digging the shovel passes to Ajayi in the Jets game, sprinkle those in the mix and IMHO we would really mask some of interior line and QB awareness deficiencies. So overall, to me, our offense should be simplified to delayed runs (shotgun/Pro/2TE), RB Screens (shotgun), Lead runs (Pro), Vertical Play Action passing, and some 4Wr/Empty sets with Tannehill given the option to scramble.

Eliminate the Bubble screens, read option, and PA flat passes from our playbook and I think we will be better off.

The only way it could be worse is if Ryan "The Tease" Tannehill puts together a nice little run to get us to 8-8 and we roll into next season with Dan Campbell, Zac Taylor and Lou Anorumo as our coaching staff.

It is not going to happen. Campbell is not getting this job.

I'm only saying great news cause I don't have to worry about lazors offense again in 2016...as for this year this move makes little sense...they are gonna run the same concepts but change the person calling them...the only good thing is that the new oc only has 1 game left against the afc east who has us completely figured out conceptually

unfortunately the building may think that lazor was the problem when in actuality its his concepts as much as it is him...and now zac taylors gonna run them? of course he is...you can't change how you go about things from a non audible all motion based id coverage system to one that's not in season...so we were gonna ride with this same system regardless thru 2015

don't expect much...but hey at least I don't got to worry about this system again next year...so at least there's hope for 2016...

The only way there is hope for 2016 is if we get a new QB. Just like this season, if we go into next with Tannehill at QB, I would have no hope. We will be doomed. It would be another waste of a season.

The only way there is hope for 2016 is if we get a new QB. Just like this season, if we go into next with Tannehill at QB, I would have no hope. We will be doomed. It would be another waste of a season.

Naaaah........don't agree.

looks like winters coming early for you cause news flash tannehills the qb in 2016

Campbell needs a pink slip just as much as everyone else on that staff needs one

5 more weeks

Back
Top Bottom