Bill Lazor Fired | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Lazor Fired

With Lazor out of the picture I think we will try and run the ball more...and our poor Oline will be exposed more. I'll be shocked if we average more than 2.5 YPC with many runs stuffed behind the LOS. I hope I'm wrong but somehow I don't think so...

I love that we are going to learn more about the offensive players and more about Zac Taylor. Before Philbin left, we wondered if his impact was the problem. He definitely contributed to our struggles, but it is now clear that Lazor's play calling contributed to Philbin being fired. His playing calling has hurt people's opinion of Coach Campbell.

I do not expect big changes, but I do expect a difference. We will learn new things about the players by having someone else call plays. We will learn more about both Coach Campbell and about Bill Lazor when Zac calls the plays. We will learn more about RT.

I'm only saying great news cause I don't have to worry about lazors offense again in 2016...as for this year this move makes little sense...they are gonna run the same concepts but change the person calling them...the only good thing is that the new oc only has 1 game left against the afc east who has us completely figured out conceptually

unfortunately the building may think that lazor was the problem when in actuality its his concepts as much as it is him...and now zac taylors gonna run them? of course he is...you can't change how you go about things from a non audible all motion based id coverage system to one that's not in season...so we were gonna ride with this same system regardless thru 2015

don't expect much...but hey at least I don't got to worry about this system again next year...so at least there's hope for 2016...

Lazor sealed his fate when he sat by and watched the backup "center" bounce shotgun snaps to the QB.

As is if fate wasn't already sealed. Belichick, as the head coach, would have put up with that nonsense for all of 2 or 3 snaps before shuffling the line. He's shuffled his line many times this season for much less egregious errors. Plus, its probably the head coaches job to make sure your backup center is, you know, able to snap the football properly.

Things are not going to improve. I appreciate Campbell doing things "his way" and I love his honesty. However, he seems to think that things are solved by "providing a spark" or "being fired up".

I love running the ball. My favorite way to play. However, he has put in a kid as the OC and Taylor iis over his skis. The play calling will be complete with basic runs. Tell me that Dean Peas does not know what Miami wants to do. Dean Peas will dominate Taylor. We will see a vanilla offense that will continue to put Miami behind the sticks.

I see the offensive output to be worse (if that is possible) in the coming weeks.

While Lazor struggled, this is vintage scapegoating and vintage Dan Campbell....got to find a spark somehow as opposed to finding solutions to personnel and within the play calling itself.

Ugly end to the year. It is going to be bad.

Thank the lord...I was so sick of his play calling, but this doesn't change much. It just means this dude is going to be fired at the end of the season along with the rest of the staff, so they are seeing if he can pull off a miracle to remain on the coaching staff next year. The offense is such a disaster....when you can't get yards on first down, followed by a penalty, then a desperation pass to get a third and short....its constant third and longs which leads to sacks, fumbles, interceptions, or just horrendous field position which leads to safeties. Also, our run game is SOOOOO bipolar. I keep hearing how Lamar Miller averages like 4-5 yards per carry, but those are all home run plays that increase his average, because its always a surprise to me when he doesn't get whacked in the backfield.

With Lazor out of the picture I think we will try and run the ball more...and our poor Oline will be exposed more. I'll be shocked if we average more than 2.5 YPC with many runs stuffed behind the LOS. I hope I'm wrong but somehow I don't think so...

Disagree. And I don't think we're going to run the ball 40 times a game.

Things are not going to improve. I appreciate Campbell doing things "his way" and I love his honesty. However, he seems to think that things are solved by "providing a spark" or "being fired up".

I love running the ball. My favorite way to play. However, he has put in a kid as the OC and Taylor iis over his skis. The play calling will be complete with basic runs. Tell me that Dean Peas does not know what Miami wants to do. Dean Peas will dominate Taylor. We will see a vanilla offense that will continue to put Miami behind the sticks.

I see the offensive output to be worse (if that is possible) in the coming weeks.

While Lazor struggled, this is vintage scapegoating and vintage Dan Campbell....got to find a spark somehow as opposed to finding solutions to personnel and within the play calling itself.

Ugly end to the year. It is going to be bad.

The only way it could be worse is if Ryan "The Tease" Tannehill puts together a nice little run to get us to 8-8 and we roll into next season with Dan Campbell, Zac Taylor and Lou Anorumo as our coaching staff.

this is all such a cluster **** that it reeks of poor ownership. this entire season is one of the biggest indictments of Ross i've seen personally.

1) extends philbin prematurely and unnecessarily in 2014
2) brings in tannenbaum to run the team completely undermining the GM in place
3) fires philbin 3 games in, promotes an interim
4) fires dc, but keeps OC, and lets interim HC make staffing decisions
5) fires oc with 5 games left in the season, virtually leaving campbell out to dry...

i'm sorry but why the **** would any accomplished/aspiring HC want to come work for this ass hat of an owner? especially when there will be plenty of jobs open in the league....

ross needs to do us all a favor and fire himself because this whole stutter and hire strategy isn't going to work. if you're going to clean house, CLEAN. HOUSE.

Good bye to the lateral passing game. I have never seen so many passes go straight to the sidelines. The guy ran an offense that had about a 6 to 1 pass to run ratio. That equals FAILURE!!!

Disagree. And I don't think we're going to run the ball 40 times a game.

Not 40 times a game but I would be shocked if we don't run it at least 20-25 times a game. The reason I think our YPC will be low is because teams will expect the run more and counter it accordingly. I cant remember the last time we ran the ball successfully when the other team knew we were going to run it.

this is all such a cluster **** that it reeks of poor ownership. this entire season is one of the biggest indictments of Ross i've seen personally.

1) extends philbin prematurely and unnecessarily in 2014
2) brings in tannenbaum to run the team completely undermining the GM in place
3) fires philbin 3 games in, promotes an interim
4) fires dc, but keeps OC, and lets interim HC make staffing decisions
5) fires oc with 5 games left in the season, virtually leaving campbell out to dry...

i'm sorry but why the **** would any accomplished/aspiring HC want to come work for this ass hat of an owner? especially when there will be plenty of jobs open in the league....

ross needs to do us all a favor and fire himself because this whole stutter and hire strategy isn't going to work. if you're going to clean house, CLEAN. HOUSE.

The house will be cleaned. Unfortunately Tannenbaum will still be here and he is going to chase away viable candidates unless it is someone he is connected to. If it's his people then we will be stuck with another sham power structure. Basically the same stuff that's been going on since Ross bought the team. It's a no win situation as long as he doesn't eliminate everybody and get a real football front office.

As is if fate wasn't already sealed. Belichick, as the head coach, would have put up with that nonsense for all of 2 or 3 snaps before shuffling the line. He's shuffled his line many times this season for much less egregious errors. Plus, its probably the head coaches job to make sure your backup center is, you know, able to snap the football properly.

Lazor could have recognized the situation and call plays with Tannehill under center. Instead, he did what he always does. He called the plays he had previously decided and to hell with the situation. It is probably unfair, but I have this image of Lazor using advanced statistics to "prove" his play calls are the correct calls, even after they failed miserably in a game. IMO, he had no feel for the game and his play calls seemed to be robotic.

Not 40 times a game but I would be shocked if we don't run it at least 20-25 times a game. The reason I think our YPC will be low is because teams will expect the run more and counter it accordingly. I cant remember the last time we ran the ball successfully when the other team knew we were going to run it.

This leads to my point...and pretty much the side of the argument that the "Tannehill is the worst QB in the league" crew isn't acknowledging. 20-25 runs a game does NOT mean that the other team knows you're going to run. It just means that they don't know you're going to pass. Tannehill's detriments aside, he has been put in the worst possible situation all damn year. The opposition knew what the Fins were going to do on offense before they did it.

TannenBUM will still be here and bring in a loser scumbag like Mangini as Head Coach to continue to run the team into the ground. Ross is such a moron.

Back
Top Bottom