Bill Lazor, was Philbin holding him back? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Lazor, was Philbin holding him back?

You cannot change the basic philosophy of an OC in less than two weeks. Campbell was a tight end just a few years ago. He was an intern and then a TE coach here. He knows the playbook. He knows the personnel inside out being with them for years. The only thing Campbell did is what most good head coaches do: let an OC do their job. He took the shackles off. They might have discussed what play they should use but I think we have seen Lazor calling a game for the first time without Philbin holding him back.

Maybe.....you could be right. However I think Lazor's play calling was terrible under Philbin and in my opinion that was more on Lazor than on Philbin. Dan Campbell indicated several times throughout the week the importance of balance between running and throwing and that's exactly what we did......so I'm making the leap that Campbell was instrumental in that change.

Again, just my opinion....no way to know for sure.

I've said it before, but I really believe much of the imbalance of the offense was Philbin's call. He did it with Sherman too. If I recall correctly, Sherman even said as much during a press conference once. He said something to the effect that he would like to run the ball more, but Philbin wanted a more pass-heavy offense.

My only play call issue was the 3rd and 1 wheel route that Ryan threw out of bounds in the 3rd quarter (I think). I thought the play calling was a huge improvement this week and loved the commitment to the run.

I think some of it was Saunders, Some of it was the fact that we weren't playing from behind and the rest was a combination of Lazor and Cambell's inphasis on toughness

Philbin was a moron. He leaves, we play way better. Obviously he's the problem.

This is a legit question.

Last year philbin wasn't able to be at the Game vs San Diego.

I think we won that game like 37 nothing.

My first thought was philbin was holding the team back.

I agree that the philosophy of the offensive scheme cannot be changed in two weeks. I disagree that Campbell did not have a huge impact on Lazor. I am speculating that he emphasized we will establish the running game. We will not quit on it. Are we clear?

Oh please. If Lazor did not know on his own that we have to run a little more than he would have been gone just like Coyle because he would be useless as an OC.

Back
Top Bottom