Bill Lazor, was Philbin holding him back? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Lazor, was Philbin holding him back?

Maybe.....you could be right. However I think Lazor's play calling was terrible under Philbin and in my opinion that was more on Lazor than on Philbin. Dan Campbell indicated several times throughout the week the importance of balance between running and throwing and that's exactly what we did......so I'm making the leap that Campbell was instrumental in that change.

Again, just my opinion....no way to know for sure.

I believe that Campbell was instrumental in taking the chains off and telling Campbell 'now we can run the ball more' but I do have to believe that my OC is smarter than that and knew all along that he has to run the ball more. What about the deep pass? Yesterday looked to me more like an OC who had fun calling plays and went deep into his playbook for the first time. If lazor would have been that stupid not knowing that we have to run more he'd be gone - just like Coyle.

This is a legit question.

Last year philbin wasn't able to be at the Game vs San Diego.

I think we won that game like 37 nothing.

My first thought was philbin was holding the team back.

I think that this is very telling.

Saunders probably helped. Since when has Lazor run under the center plays. That has outside influence written on it

this is exactly what I have been complaining about since the beginning of the season... way too much shotgun read options as the only aspect in our running game.... lining up under center and allowing our OLine to be the aggressor, and drive.... looked so much better up front.... Albert was great to see back as well, healthy and fit, taking angles well and getting to second levels. Thomas wasnt great, but actually turned guys at times and drove as well. Turner seemed ight too!!! James was solid as usual.

just keep lining up under center, become the enforcer early and often in the running game... get that OLine playing!!!

and if Saunders did have aspects in this, which I believe so, thank you. I was loving the fact he was brought in to help and consult.

I love the commitment to the run and the overall run/pass balance throughout.

Let's not forget we were facing one of the worst run Ds in the league.

I also like that we had multiple designed runs for Tanne. We need to have 4 or 5 of those per game to keep the defense honest. Loved the play action pass.

Back
Top Bottom