Bill Lazor | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Lazor

CusePhinFan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This guy has sucked bad as OC. The offense has been putrid, even in the Pats win. Hyped up like crazy just like Miller has been. They both are nothing special. This is not an excuse for Philbin/Tannehill/special teams, etc. This is reality. The offense is horrible under him and he deserves a big hunk of the blame. Don't blame it all on the players either, Lazor's job is to best utilize the players in his scheme and put them in a position to win. The Miami Dolphin offense is at the bottom of the league in stats. He has failed badly so far.

Coaching has been bad. Players have been bad. Can't throw, can't block, can't catch.

All I know is that when you bring in a guy to help your quarterback and your quarterback's efficiency numbers nosedive, and that guy calls twice as many passing plays as rushing plays when the game is close (for the majority of it) and you're running at 7 yards per clip, he probably deserves at least one of the 20 call-out threads on the front page of this board.

you can only do so much with a quarterback who struggles to hit a spot on a simple go route.

But why is Tannehill regressing? Last year he improved over his rookie year and now this? What went wrong, what changed? Bill Lazor is the new element, so he must shoulder some blame here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will say there is some silver lining in that the Eagles last year with Lazor a part of their O started 2-5 and then things started clicking and they made a run to the playoffs. Maybe just maybe it's a matter of a new O taking time to adapt. Could be but probably not. You never know.

I will say there is some silver lining in that the Eagles last year with Lazor a part of their O started 2-5 and then things started clicking and they made a run to the playoffs. Maybe just maybe it's a matter of a new O taking time to adapt. Could be but probably not. You never know.

I think positive and like to give coaches/players a chance to shine. Things just look pretty bad with his offense right now. Your scenario with things eventually clicking is the only hope right now, despite some bright spots and a few brilliant play designs the offense has been very bad.

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

you can only do so much with a quarterback who struggles to hit a spot on a simple go route.

Tannehill is part of the problem right now for sure. Just saying Lazor's new offense isn't helping things at all.

But why is Tannehill regressing? Last year he improved over his rookie year and now this? What went wrong, what changed? Bill Lazor is the new element, so he must shoulder some blame here.

Or Tannehill is simply regressing. It happens. The problem thus far has been purely on execution. Tannehill standing in the pocket too long, Miller not breaking tackles, Tannehill not throwing accurately, and receivers not catching passes.

Coaching has been bad. Players have been bad. Can't throw, can't block, can't catch.

All I know is that when you bring in a guy to help your quarterback and your quarterback's efficiency numbers nosedive, and that guy calls twice as many passing plays as rushing plays when the game is close (for the majority of it) and you're running at 7 yards per clip, he probably deserves at least one of the 20 call-out threads on the front page of this board.

Agree and this is why I made the thread. Blame is flying around everywhere but Lazor is not getting enough of it IMO. I don't care if the guy is a good talker in press conferences. Look at these stats with him:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?team=MIA

The passing offense has turned into crap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or Tannehill is simply regressing. It happens. The problem thus far has been purely on execution. Tannehill standing in the pocket too long, Miller not breaking tackles, Tannehill not throwing accurately, and receivers not catching passes.

Out of 32 NFL teams..

- Miami is #1 in yards per rushing attempt (which is remarkable since we haven't had any long runs yet).

- Miami is DEAD LAST in yards per passing attempt.

Lamar Miller is averaging 5.8 yds/carry.

Lamar Miller "not breaking tackles" is not the problem with our offense.

db9lyib-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/showthread...s-game&p=1065168597&highlight=#post1065168597

I will say this about Lazor. He has done a good job of getting the ball to the potentially best offensive threat-Mike Wallace. Something Sherman couldn't do.

Out of 32 NFL teams..

- Miami is #1 in yards per rushing attempt (which is remarkable since we haven't had any long runs yet).

- Miami is DEAD LAST in yards per passing attempt.

Lamar Miller is averaging 5.8 yds/carry.

Lamar Miller "not breaking tackles" is not the problem with our offense.

db9lyib-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/showthread...s-game&p=1065168597&highlight=#post1065168597

The o-line made some great lanes a few times today. His best runs were because he was untouched (two 20+ yarders and two 10+ yarders iirc). No, it's not be "the" problem, but it is "a" problem.

I don't have the numbers to support it but I feel we were bad in the red zone last year and even worse this year.

We are using our best weapon more but now we don't spread the ball.

Lazor might have a better offense but he's doing a terrible job calling the plays.

Our team leads the league in dropped passes. How are we doing in the "WTF was he throwing to?" category?

Here's three issues I blame on #Dolphins' coaches: Poor game-planning, poor play-calling, poor clock management at the end of halves.

Here's three #Dolphins issues I blame on players: Missed tackles, drop balls, QB play to some degree rests on Ryan Tannehill to execute.

#Dolphins have been outscored 43-13 in the first halves this season. They can't expect to produce come-from-behind wins every week.

Walkers take this morning. Lots of blame to go around.

I don't have the numbers to support it but I feel we were bad in the red zone last year and even worse this year.

We are using our best weapon more but now we don't spread the ball.

Lazor might have a better offense but he's doing a terrible job calling the plays.

We were actually quite good in the Red area last year. Been abysmal to start this season though.

Back
Top Bottom