Bill Lazor | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Lazor

It could also be because they have much better players.

I was refering to Nick Foles, who was in Philadelphia before Chip Kelly & Bill Lazor.

Before Chip Kelly & Bill Lazor, Nick Foles was pretty bad.

Then in 2013, Nick Foles had an amazing year, and the Eagles offense was on fire.

When we hired Bill Lazor, all the talk was about the assumption that Bill Lazor was responsible for the huge transformation of Nick Foles.

But now Bill Lazor is in Miami, Chip Kelly is still in Philadelphia, Nick Foles & Eagles offense are still roaring, while Ryan Tannehill & Miami offense have regressed.

Maybe Bill Lazor was given too much credit for the transformation of Nick Foles.

No, and Ryan Tannehill is not Nick Foles anyway.

Serious question: would you all really feel comfortable with Ryan Tannehill running the hurry up offense for an entire game right now?

No. But I think it's worth a shot, because right now my comfort level is non-existent in the first place.

Serious question: would you all really feel comfortable with Ryan Tannehill running the hurry up offense for an entire game right now?

Maybe if we'd run the damn ball a bit more! Miller was in beast mode yesterday and didnt get hardly enough carries!

I have been patient, waiting to see the up-tempo new Offense, but what I see is that Lazor does not appear to be using many of the weapons that are out there. Charles Clay, Brandon Gibson and Rishard Matthews can all play. I don't understand why they receive so few opportunities.
Tannehill appears to have visibly regressed. I don't see any pleasure or fun in his game. I see a talented young QB who has become increasingly indecisive (scared to make a mistake) and is getting caught by Defenses. His passes appeared more accurate last season when he seemed to show good potential. I now see him losing his self confidence before our eyes and I'm concerned if Lazor is partly to blame.
Mike Sherman knows Ryan's strengths and weaknesses. Maybe part of the bland predictable playcalling was also masking Tannehill's weaknesses.

I was refering to Nick Foles, who was in Philadelphia before Chip Kelly & Bill Lazor.

Before Chip Kelly & Bill Lazor, Nick Foles was pretty bad.

Then in 2013, Nick Foles had an amazing year, and the Eagles offense was on fire.

When we hired Bill Lazor, all the talk was about the assumption that Bill Lazor was responsible for the huge transformation of Nick Foles.

But now Bill Lazor is in Miami, Chip Kelly is still in Philadelphia, Nick Foles & Eagles offense are still roaring, while Ryan Tannehill & Miami offense have regressed.

Maybe Bill Lazor was given too much credit for the transformation of Nick Foles.

Foles was just a rookie in 2012. And while I would agree it's unlikely his OC is responsible for his quality of play, your implication that, as Tannehill's OC, he is responsible for his regression is equally unfounded. There have been ample opportunities on the field. Tannehill is the one not executing (among others).

I think just running more would do some wonders. Its easy to blame Tannehill but they are not helping him one bit. Nevermind the fact he is pretty raw to begin with, They`ve put 80% of the offense solely on him. We`ve been in the league`s top 5 in pass attemps ever since he started playing with one of the worst OL in history to boot. Wether Tannehill is franchise QB material is irrelevent at this point. Simple fact is Philbin wants to win passing the ball with little regards to the running game, whatever Tannehill`s potential his, he s not there yet and might never be. And I cant get myself to blame the poor balance on Lazor, its Philbin s second OC now, and the run/pass ratio hasnt changed one bit... except for the first game which we WON! Shocker!!!

I think just running more would do some wonders. Its easy to blame Tannehill but they are not helping him one bit. Nevermind the fact he is pretty raw to begin with, They`ve put 80% of the offense solely on him. We`ve been in the league`s top 5 in pass attemps ever since he started playing with one of the worst OL in history to boot. Wether Tannehill is franchise QB material is irrelevent at this point. Simple fact is Philbin wants to win passing the ball with little regards to the running game, whatever Tannehill`s potential his, he s not there yet and might never be. And I cant get myself to blame the poor balance on Lazor, its Philbin s second OC now, and the run/pass ratio hasnt changed one bit... except for the first game which we WON! Shocker!!!

35 games into his professional career. He's not "raw" anymore.

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

Hellllllllllllllllllllll to the no. The coaching staff is wise for not exposing him with that.

Joe's success at GB was passing the ball. Some years they barely had a running game.
That works great if you have an Aaron Rodger .... we don't.

35 games into his professional career. He's not "raw" anymore.

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

Hellllllllllllllllllllll to the no. The coaching staff is wise for not exposing him with that.
Said he was raw to beging with given he wasted hlaf his college career as a WR. Tannehill or not, I staill consider most 3rd year player to be somewhat still raw, or still growing as a player. But regardless, thats far from the point of my post, there are 4 QBs you can afford to pass this much with in this league and we both know Tannehill isnt one of them. Wouldnt you say the coach is setting Tannehill and the whole offense up to fail at this point with this particular philosophy?

Said he was raw to beging with given he wasted hlaf his college career as a WR. Tannehill or not, I staill consider most 3rd year player to be somewhat still raw, or still growing as a player. But regardless, thats far from the point of my post, there are 4 QBs you can afford to pass this much with in this league and we both know Tannehill isnt one of them. Wouldnt you say the coach is setting Tannehill and the whole offense up to fail at this point with this particular philosophy?

You sit "raw" QB's. You don't start them. Make them earn the job.

But again, he's not raw.

You sit "raw" QB's. You don't start them. Make them earn the job.

But again, he's not raw.
Ok whatever you dont think he`s raw, thats fine... So you think the offense will be better with Matt Moore passing 2x more than we run?

He drastically improved the run offence even with Moreno hurt... that said the pass gave took a huge dive and thats with the same personnel and better protection.

He drastically improved the run offence even with Moreno hurt... that said the pass gave took a huge dive and thats with the same personnel and better protection.
Exactly, so why do they keep passing twice as much as actually running the damn ball, where we rank in the top 5 in yds/carry...

But why is Tannehill regressing? Last year he improved over his rookie year and now this? What went wrong, what changed? Bill Lazor is the new element, so he must shoulder some blame here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah!!! Tannehill was a stud against the Jets and Bills at the end of last year....oh wait...

But why is Tannehill regressing? Last year he improved over his rookie year and now this? What went wrong, what changed? Bill Lazor is the new element, so he must shoulder some blame here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lazor was working with Tannehill on his mechanics right? That would be one possible explanation.

Back
Top Bottom