Bill Parcells at Hurricanes' Practice 12.23.2009 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells at Hurricanes' Practice 12.23.2009

JCane

Administrator
Club Member
Reaction score
Bill Parcells and Jeff Ireland were both at the Miami Hurricanes closed to public practice this afternoon. This was our final home practice before leaving for Orlando on Friday. I do know that Parcells and Ireland both showed up unannounced but I haven't been told if they were scouting anyone in particular. They could just be scouting the practice in general. I know that idiot Randy Meuller was a regular at Hurricanes practices when he was the General Manager. I'm still waiting to hear back from a few people about Parcells' and Ireland's visit today and whether or not they had their eye on anyone in particular.

Just an FYI

they may be scouting players for the future, but also to give them a word of encouragement.

It's not the first time they visited a college team that happens to be in town

[youtube]8GtIvDX4j-w[/youtube]

darryl sharpton LB or fox at OT

Sharpton could enter the NFL draft but he isn't making anything official until after the bowl game. I'll speak with his father Tuesday afternoon in Orlando to see what he says.

Fox, maybe but he just had a major surgery.

My hopes are for Jimmy Graham. He fits that "Parcells mold" so to speak. He's a low risk high reward guy with ridiculous amounts of potential. I recall being in Clemson three yers ago for the Miami - Clemson basketball game and telling a friend that the Graham kid should be playing Tight End for the 'Canes. Sucks he only got one season at the position after seeing what he was capable of.

My hopes are for Jimmy Graham. He fits that "Parcells mold" so to speak. He's a low risk high reward guy with ridiculous amounts of potential. I recall being in Clemson three yers ago for the Miami - Clemson basketball game and telling a friend that the Graham kid should be playing Tight End for the 'Canes. Sucks he only got one season at the position after seeing what he was capable of.

I can agree with that.

I'd love to see us pick up Jimmy Graham too....

Question is....which Round?

Thoughts?

I'd love to see us pick up Jimmy Graham too....

Question is....which Round?

Thoughts?

I wouldn't complain if we spent a 4th. I've stood by spending a 4th rounder on Graham since the Clemson game. He has great hands, runs great routes, he's a big physical body and will have no problems at all blocking in the NFL. A 4th may seem a little high to some but I think he really impresses scouts at the combine and raises his draft stock significantly.

Right now based on his film and bio he'll seem as if he's a project with a lot of potential. But when you see that kid up close and personal and stand next to him to see how big he really is you get a sense of how good he can be with a little polishing. Graham made himself a lot of money by playing one year of college football I think.

Tony Gonzalez might be the greatest Tight End in NFL history at 6'5 245. Jimmy is 6'8 255. He's bigger and more athletic than Gonzalez just to give you an idea. His work ethic is stron as well. Trust me. That kid had to work harder than anyone else this season to get on the field. You don't just step onto Randy Shannon's team and get immediate playing time. Graham basically did just that.

I hope to God it's Jimmy Graham. Guys potential is ridiculous. Darryl Sharpton is a solid prospect for the middle of the draft as well. Probably doing a little scouting on Allen Bailey, Marcus Forston, and Leonard Hankerson as well, though they won't be coming out until next year.

I dont think Parcells has particular interest in scouting 5'11" linebackers that won't even be on his draft board...

Just guessing I'd say he may have an eye on Orlando Franklin and Graham....although Parcells also isn't one to compromise his fetish for experienced and battle tested football players like Graham...If Graham could show something in terms of being an effective in line blocker, his upside as a pass catcher is intriguing...

grahams too raw to me to use a 4th round pick on him...not in this draft ...too deep

but a little later i can see that

sharpton and graham sound great for our team!

You obviously don't watch a lot of Hurricane football lol. Sharpton's father and I speak very often and I'd obviously never say this to him, but Darryl is a liability. Dude can't tackle for ****.

Back
Top Bottom