Bill Parcells at Hurricanes' Practice 12.23.2009 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells at Hurricanes' Practice 12.23.2009

I dont think Parcells has particular interest in scouting 5'11" linebackers that won't even be on his draft board...

Just guessing I'd say he may have an eye on Orlando Franklin and Graham....although Parcells also isn't one to compromise his fetish for experienced and battle tested football players like Graham...If Graham could show something in terms of being an effective in line blocker, his upside as a pass catcher is intriguing...
Agreed. Parcells just doesn't like undersized LB's. And Orlando Franklin is an intriguing prospect. No idea what Parcells thoughts on Graham would be. Probably not as good a blocker as he would like, but the sky is the limit for him as a pass catcher. Parcells's philosophy is all about the trenches so I'm pretty sure Jason Fox, Orlando Franklin, Allen Bailey, Marcus Forston and Marcus Robinson will all get scouted eventually.

you have to be careful when you take upside and potential over production...and in grahams case exactly 1 year of production

not much of a sample size to go by...

i remember a few years ago when michigan st had a te with so much upside and a physical freak but very little actual on field production in kellen davis in like the 5th round and he's pretty much been a ho hum #2 te for the bears

and i haven't seen anything with davis that makes me think he'll ever be anything more than that as a pro

and like others have said grahams gonna have to show some inline blocking skills/traits/potential for this regime to take a serious look at him

Brandon Harris is going to be a stud corner.....Harris and Patrick Peterson were the two best sophomore corners I saw this year in college football.....Patrick Peterson was the best corner I saw this year period.....I think he has top 5 potential should he come out early next year...

They could've been checking out some of Epps too I suppose....he's not great at anything but he's a pretty decent all around tight end who's stock could get a boost if the tests well....decent size/speed ratio...

Didn't he miss some time this year JCane with an injury?

Epps did suffer injuries this season and that's the primary reason Jimmy Graham hit the field so soon. And once he did he was damn near unstoppable sans Virginia Tech.

And you're dead on with Brandon Harris. Holy hell was I impressed with that kid this season. He's incredible. And it's amazing how good he is for how undersized he is at the position. That kid is a football player. He's special.

I wouldn't complain if we spent a 4th. I've stood by spending a 4th rounder on Graham since the Clemson game. He has great hands, runs great routes, he's a big physical body and will have no problems at all blocking in the NFL. A 4th may seem a little high to some but I think he really impresses scouts at the combine and raises his draft stock significantly.

Right now based on his film and bio he'll seem as if he's a project with a lot of potential. But when you see that kid up close and personal and stand next to him to see how big he really is you get a sense of how good he can be with a little polishing. Graham made himself a lot of money by playing one year of college football I think.

Tony Gonzalez might be the greatest Tight End in NFL history at 6'5 245. Jimmy is 6'8 255. He's bigger and more athletic than Gonzalez just to give you an idea. His work ethic is stron as well. Trust me. That kid had to work harder than anyone else this season to get on the field. You don't just step onto Randy Shannon's team and get immediate playing time. Graham basically did just that.

More athletic than the best TE in History? Don't think so. Dude also cost MIA a game this year by not having such great hands.

He may have potential, but don't short change a sure fire HOF TE who has built his career on beating anyone and everyone that tries to defend him.

And as for Shannon, as a coach he has his own flaws. His on side kicks early in the season almost cost Miami a game.

More athletic than the best TE in History? Don't think so. Dude also cost MIA a game this year by not having such great hands.

He may have potential, but don't short change a sure fire HOF TE who has built his career on beating anyone and everyone that tries to defend him.

And as for Shannon, as a coach he has his own flaws. His on side kicks early in the season almost cost Miami a game.

You wouldn't believe how much faster and agile Graham is than Gonzalez. Gonzalez is no boubt an NFL Hall of Famer and the best ever at that position. But others can still be more athletic.

And Virginia Tech beat the immortal hell out of us. Graham's two drops had nothing to do with that fail.

LOL @ Shannon has his flaws. Effing understatemet of the year if I ever heard one. And which sidekicks are you referring to?

Graham's 2 big drops against VT probably kept the score from being a little closer....but I wouldn't say they cost Miami the game...

Getting their *** whipped at the LOS on both sides of the ball is what cost them the game....

Well....that.....and they forgot their jackets...:lol:

We definitely didn't bring jackets. I hate even thinking about how cold it was there. Most miserable game ever.

Hard to believe the college football season came and went so fast again...as it does every year..

Man we had some fun around here all season though didn't we?

MIA was changing the mo mo in that game when he dropped those balls am I correct?

And the short kickoffs early in the season, forgot which game. But they took the lead and with less than a min to play onside kick the kickoff and damn near lost it do to the field position MIA gave up.

Gonzo imo came into the league being pretty damn athletic. He was a solid bball player that translated well to the NFL. I see Graham and like him, but his potential doesn't quite equate to what Gonzo had coming out of college imo.

I'm not hating. I love MIA U. Have ever since back in the days with Bernie and Vinnie and so on.

Watching that ESPN special 30/30, was epic. But the sad part was...I remember ALL those games. Which made me feel old.

UPDATE

It was in fact Jimmy Graham that Parcells was there to see. Obviously Parcells and Ireland both scouted the entire practice but Graham was the only player Parcells and Ireland spoke about to coaches after the practice.

I am effing excited.

why scout the huricanes, Is there another Vernon Carey or Lamar Thomas in the waiting oh how I can hardly wait .

seriously they need to go to Alabama or florida to scout players

why scout the huricanes, Is there another Vernon Carey or Lamar Thomas in the waiting oh how I can hardly wait .

seriously they need to go to Alabama or florida to scout players

Give me an effing break...

Yeah man, we don't put top talent in the league do we? But Florida does don't they?

GTFO

clear.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom