Bill Parcells at Hurricanes' Practice 12.23.2009 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells at Hurricanes' Practice 12.23.2009

Im a die hard florida fan but Jcane is right generally speaking.. Miami produces better pro players.. that might change with a couple of studs coming out soon.. Joe Haden, Dunlap, Spikes, and watch out for Jeff Demps. if he declares early i want his speed on this team, though i do think he lost us the Alabama game. (First drive, maybe first play, Pass out in the flats, catch and he is gone giving us all the momentum and the lead but he dropped it.) I would be okay with Aaron Hernandez from Florida or Jimmy Graham from UM in the 4th.

Im a die hard florida fan but Jcane is right generally speaking.. Miami produces better pro players.. that might change with a couple of studs coming out soon.. Joe Haden, Dunlap, Spikes, and watch out for Jeff Demps. if he declares early i want his speed on this team, though i do think he lost us the Alabama game. (First drive, maybe first play, Pass out in the flats, catch and he is gone giving us all the momentum and the lead but he dropped it.) I would be okay with Aaron Hernandez from Florida or Jimmy Graham from UM in the 4th.

This draft is about as good as it has ever been for Gator prospects. That's absolutely the truth. But concerning Jeff Demps...I don't know how his game translates to the league. He seriously might give Usain Bolt a run for his money lol. Some may laugh but that dude is lightning. He has such a small frame and I don't know how much of a pounding he could take in the pros.

Yeah, the SEC is for football Gods but there's no one in the SEC who is quick enough to deliver a body numbing hit on Jeff Demps....not even the GOAT himself, Mr. Eric Berry. I see Jeff Demps the same way I see Roscoe Parrish in Buffalo. If you had Demps retrning punts he'd be a MASSIVE upgrade over Bess and Demps is hell catching the ball out of the backfield. I also like Aaron Hernandez a lot. His blocking is a concern but that's very teachable. Good size, good hands, disciplined, solid route runner, and tough to cover.

Does Parcell's infatuation with Jimmy Graham mean that we're letting Fasano walk after the season? While he isn't a great receiver, Fasano is one of the best blockers at TE in the league. I'd love to see him paired with Graham like how we had Fasano and David Martin working together in 2008.

Yes, but MIA needs a TE who can work the middle of the field. Without such a weapon it makes the QB's job that much harder. I've said it several times...Fasano disappears games at a time. He is very consistent in that regard. He did it last year...and it damn near took him 10 weeks to show up this year. If all MIA wants and you want is a blocking TE, than I guess the limitations on this offense are ok with you.

Yes, but MIA needs a TE who can work the middle of the field. Without such a weapon it makes the QB's job that much harder. I've said it several times...Fasano disappears games at a time. He is very consistent in that regard. He did it last year...and it damn near took him 10 weeks to show up this year. If all MIA wants and you want is a blocking TE, than I guess the limitations on this offense are ok with you.

My point is that Fasano working in tandem with a good receiving TE is damn near unstoppable. Him and Martin were one of the most productive TE tandems in the league in 08. The loss of David Martin has really hurt our passing game this season. Graham could fill that role from the start.

My point is that Fasano working in tandem with a good receiving TE is damn near unstoppable. Him and Martin were one of the most productive TE tandems in the league in 08. The loss of David Martin has really hurt our passing game this season. Graham could fill that role from the start.

IDK, I wasn't impressed last year either. While Martin was serviceable he wasn't great. And Fasano again disappeared games at a time last year. He may have lead the team in rec. TD's but his catch total was terrible.

I guess its what you think a TE should do. I think a starting TE should be stout in run blocking, but MUST be able to get off the line and catch the damn ball. Something Fasano has shown consistently over the past 2 seasons he disappears games at a time and this year...fumbling the ball.

fasano+Graham/Hernandez is beast.

I like Graham, but he has shown nothing to say he would make a tandem beast in the NFL...this is the hype of players I rail against on these players until they play on sundays and prove it.

He enjoyed a very long career in the league. Much longer than that bum Danny Wuerffel. I'm not saying Vinny was great but he was a pretty good QB.

Point is, someone wants to try and say Parcells needs to stay out of Greentree and go scout Florida players...yeah, ok.

Percy Harvin.

Go ahead, someone take the bait on Percy Harvin and the 1% rule.

:lol:

hey im a gator fan but im all for keeping it local and reaping from the U.
about vinny, i was like cmon you gonna go that far back lets bring up emmit, collinsworth, hell what about jack youngblood:lol:

Graham is not going to be there in the 4th round. Probably not in the 3rd. Scouts thrill to go overboard on prospects like that and invariably they are picked higher than projected, and higher than deserved. You don't have 4 years to nitpick so everything is golden, magical projections at the new position. I remember winning a side bet with a friend that Matt Jones would be picked in the first round. If he had been a receiver for 4 years at Arkansas, no chance he goes that high.

I liked Graham more late in the year. Jacory started targeting him on 3rd down, particularly against Duke. Early in the season it was all glamour plays, sauntering toward the end zone. But I'm always leary of prospects like that. No team really abused Graham all year, made him prove he wants to be out there. That will happen in the NFL. And the drops at Va Tech weren't merely critical they were blatant. If you had to put a percentage on how close he came to catching them, it wouldn't reach 10%.

Sharpton is not a prospect. He made a few plays late in his senior year to boost his name recognition beyond his ability. Shields is a disaster, other than special teams where he excels. He has a chance to stick based on coverage teams. But he should be moved back to offense.

I like Epps. That's a sleeper pick or free agent pick up. He was often the most dependable target on the team a year ago, before the injury.

I can't believe someone mentioned Marcus Forston as a prospect a year from now. That can't be based on performance, as opposed to high school clippings. He was one of the most inept Canes this season, before being shelved with injury. Forston is too fat and his technique is horrendous, standing straight up at the snap. He literally waddled around, tippy toeing while being guided by offensive linemen who were hard pressed to restrain laughter. I'm hoping he can salvage a college career next season but I'm not banking on it.

Graham is not going to be there in the 4th round. Probably not in the 3rd. Scouts thrill to go overboard on prospects like that and invariably they are picked higher than projected, and higher than deserved. You don't have 4 years to nitpick so everything is golden, magical projections at the new position. I remember winning a side bet with a friend that Matt Jones would be picked in the first round. If he had been a receiver for 4 years at Arkansas, no chance he goes that high.

I liked Graham more late in the year. Jacory started targeting him on 3rd down, particularly against Duke. Early in the season it was all glamour plays, sauntering toward the end zone. But I'm always leary of prospects like that. No team really abused Graham all year, made him prove he wants to be out there. That will happen in the NFL. And the drops at Va Tech weren't merely critical they were blatant. If you had to put a percentage on how close he came to catching them, it wouldn't reach 10%.

Sharpton is not a prospect. He made a few plays late in his senior year to boost his name recognition beyond his ability. Shields is a disaster, other than special teams where he excels. He has a chance to stick based on coverage teams. But he should be moved back to offense.

I like Epps. That's a sleeper pick or free agent pick up. He was often the most dependable target on the team a year ago, before the injury.

I can't believe someone mentioned Marcus Forston as a prospect a year from now. That can't be based on performance, as opposed to high school clippings. He was one of the most inept Canes this season, before being shelved with injury. Forston is too fat and his technique is horrendous, standing straight up at the snap. He literally waddled around, tippy toeing while being guided by offensive linemen who were hard pressed to restrain laughter. I'm hoping he can salvage a college career next season but I'm not banking on it.

This dude just told you guys the TRUTH about Marcus Forston.

But concerning Graham, right NOW he's a 4th round pick. I'm interested to see how he performs in the combine workouts. He could easily move himself up in the draft and actually warrant spending a higher pick.

Which was my point early in this thread. He cost MIA in the mo mo category IMO. MIA had their chance in that game, until crucial drops were made. Kinda like the Phins still had a chance against BALT last year going into the third...and Penny threw another INT. MO MO in crucial games matter.

Back
Top Bottom