Bill Polian’s take on the Mia/Chi preseason game | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Polian’s take on the Mia/Chi preseason game

My take is this.

I won't take away from his performance. He worked with what he had and made the plays available to him. Thats what you want to see in a young QB.

At the same time though, its a bit premature to anoint him as a franchise QB in the making like Chicago fans are so hungry to do.

That said I liked Fields as a prospect and think he will be a better QB than anyone not named Lawrence in this draft.

Me too, I think the Jets and Patriots goofed not taking him, but like you said, he needs to prove himself.

Of the 1st three QB's taken this past draft, Lance IMO will be the best

Maybe. The one thing about Lawrence I don't really like, is that sometimes when he talks it just doesn't seem like he's 100% into football. I know that sounds crazy, but I wonder if he will put in all the extra work it takes to be elite or just coast on his talent.

Lance I had as close to Fields so if he ends up better it won't be shocking to me.

Yes and Polian said Fields is expected to dominant our 2 and 3s

He said that is how it works - when you are drafted that high

Yeah he's right.

I'm just kind of saying its as ridiculous to take all the credit away from him as it is to call him a franchise QB in the making based on it.

It was one game where he did what he was supposed to. Let's be real, if Tua did the same last season (if there was a preseason) everyone here would be hyped up about it.

Yeah he's right.

I'm just kind of saying its as ridiculous to take all the credit away from him as it is to call him a franchise QB in the making based on it.

It was one game where he did what he was supposed to. Let's be real, if Tua did the same last season (if there was a preseason) everyone here would be hyped up about it.
I am just reporting the summary of what he said

It's preseason... it's all just a glorified practice. Sure you can look at and make some general observations. But some people go way overboard towards both ends of the spectrum. To me it's like getting on a basketball player's free throw shooting, going to practice and then as he shoots 100 shots per day to try to improve, some knucklehead is in the corner freaking out about each miss as if that miss just cost the team a title. To me it should come as no suprise if you're working in practice to get better at something there's going to be times in practice that you're not going to look great.

It's preseason... it's all just a glorified practice. Sure you can look at and make some general observations. But some people go way overboard towards both ends of the spectrum. To me it's like getting on a basketball player's free throw shooting, going to practice and then as he shoots 100 shots per day to try to improve, some knucklehead is in the corner freaking out about each miss as if that miss just cost the team a title. To me it should come as no suprise if you're working in practice to get better at something there's going to be times in practice that you're not going to look great.

This is pretty accurate.

Not to mention I think coaches tend to try and make things harder for players in the preseason instead of easier as they would if the games counted.

Coaches like to see how players react to situations that are set up...not for failure necessarily but similar to that. Situations that are tougher, rather than easier, to get a better handle on how players will react.

Who are the last 5 starting QBs the Bears have had?
Trash!!!

Yeah he's right.

Na, I would have said the same thing that I'm doing with Fields. The guy did absolutely nothing, nothing against NFL quality defenders, made some atrocious throws and put the ball on the ground, and then made some plays against players not even good enough to be second rate.

Back
Top Bottom