Bill Polian’s take on the Mia/Chi preseason game | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Polian’s take on the Mia/Chi preseason game

I guess on the typical fans defense the highlight shows and fantasy football sites are doing nothing but rave about plays these young qbs made versus defenses composed of scrubs without a game plan.

I agree that its nothing to get overly excited about in reality, I just dont think most fans are rational in their hopes for young QBs so any positive sign and they are on the bandwagon.

Heck, some people thought Sage Rosenfels was a diamond in the rough because he came in that one game and looked good.

I agree that its nothing to get overly excited about in reality, I just dont think most fans are rational in their hopes for young QBs so any positive sign and they are on the bandwagon.

Heck, some people thought Sage Rosenfels was a diamond in the rough because he came in that one game and looked good.
Sage was a third string QB most of his time with us who proved to be good enough that at one point, Minnesota traded a 4th round pick for him to be their starter (only Brett Favre unretired for the 3rd or 4th time). He never emerged as a star or unquestioned starter or anything but his career .500 record and 30/29 TD/INT ratio is better than some of the other clowns trotted through here over and over ended up doing.

Sage was a third string QB most of his time with us who proved to be good enough that at one point, Minnesota traded a 4th round pick for him to be their starter (only Brett Favre unretired for the 3rd or 4th time). He never emerged as a star or unquestioned starter or anything but his career .500 record and 30/29 TD/INT ratio is better than some of the other clowns trotted through here over and over ended up doing.

Indeed, nothing against Sage personally. He played better than expected based on who he was supposed to be at QB.

Tua looked better than fields considering tua played against bear starters and fields played against dolphin 3rd and 4th strigers that wont be playing in the regular season.

If you think about it tua hit all his throws except that int. Better it happened now and he can correct the mistaked.

Plus the tend he threw to didnt come back for the ball. Sometimes the receiver has to help the qb. Its hard enough trying to avoid the entire d. The starting wrs we have will help tua fighting for the ball. Shaheem is not a starter. He a backup at best.

Naps

It was also mentioned by another NFL radio football jockey that he would prefer Dalton to Newton at this point - that is how bad that Cam has looked

And Dalton has not lit it on fire in front of Fields but Fields can tuck it and run
They announced dalton as starter today though. I agree with you. But why would they throw the kid in so early as starter. It’s kinda what they are doing with waddle here too as well. He should be starting but they are going to work him in.

Back
Top Bottom