Bill Polian’s take on the Mia/Chi preseason game | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Polian’s take on the Mia/Chi preseason game

Again...

Chicago... no first downs until one minute left in the half.

Miami... no Howard, no Jones, no Phillips, no Ogbah, no Fuller, no Parker, no Wilson....
You're saying 30% +/- of our starters didn't even play and Fields still couldn't get a 1st down until the last minute of the half?

That boy better learn to keep his mouth shut...

Yes all points are true. But do you guys really think Fields is starting day one? Its certainly a possibility but they also have Andy Dalton and Nick Foles on their team. I doubt Nick Foles, their fans dont even like that guy but certainly Dalton starting out in the season. Fields to me is not the starter yet so we kind of saw a second string out there performing against our seconds and 3rds.

My take is this.

I won't take away from his performance. He worked with what he had and made the plays available to him. Thats what you want to see in a young QB.

At the same time though, its a bit premature to anoint him as a franchise QB in the making like Chicago fans are so hungry to do.

That said I liked Fields as a prospect and think he will be a better QB than anyone not named Lawrence in this draft.
Time will tell. OSU does not have a track record of great QBs.

Yes all points are true. But do you guys really think Fields is starting day one? Its certainly a possibility but they also have Andy Dalton and Nick Foles on their team. I doubt Nick Foles, their fans dont even like that guy but certainly Dalton starting out in the season. Fields to me is not the starter yet so we kind of saw a second string out there performing against our seconds and 3rds.
Naps

It was also mentioned by another NFL radio football jockey that he would prefer Dalton to Newton at this point - that is how bad that Cam has looked

And Dalton has not lit it on fire in front of Fields but Fields can tuck it and run

Field is not a phins qb. He could be a jet player for all i care. Meaning in the back of my cerebellum he is going to be the biggest bust in this draft. A future jet bust is music to my ears.

You're saying 30% +/- of our starters didn't even play and Fields still couldn't get a 1st down until the last minute of the half?

That boy better learn to keep his mouth shut...
I agree. Hopefully he has an agent, advisor, family that can give him some advice. Say nice things about your opponents.

Bill Pollan is also on record saying Laremy Tunsil is an All Pro guard.

I've heard that thought here in reference to Hunt.

Not the biggest fan of BP, but he did point out great remarks.

When I heard the Justin Fields post game interview, I said to myself how ignorant can he is... lol. He pretty much bragged about making plays against our second and third string bench warmers.. Shows me IQ is low from Justin's part. Reminded me of EJ Manuel, former Nole and Bills, can't recall if after a pre-szn game or a joint practice but he was noted saying the NFL game seemed slow and easy to him, just as this fool said post game. We all know how that went for EJ. Surely the next time we play Chicago(who knows when) coach Flo will have a special surprise for JF, as he pretty much shaded his defense, and surely Miami will make a statement with Justin that game. All that said, Justin has a very good arm, size, frame and mobile ability which reminds of a young cam newton, and will make exciting plays but what makes a player great is what is between the ears and collecting those W's. And as of now, he's a moron to me, and morons can't learn the NFL game regardless of skillset, look at JaMarcus Russell, J Manziel and even Dwayne Haskins, though the latter looks to have mature a point or two. Any the less, Miami should have a top 5 D this season. Though Needham is a gritty player, and plays very hard, he just scares me in the slot, which is my only nitpick in the defense.

Anyone watched his presser said it was kinda slow. Big no no. Just like what Tua said last year.

I brought this up Saturday. Also brought up the fact that Lawrence first pass attempt....strip sack just like Tua.

welp after seeing his interview i can easily say....I hope hes a bust. He had no bad plays, a man defense is going to be like back yard football for him, i feel good i was only touched once and so much more. I'm kind of interested to see Harrison Smith give him a welcome to the NFL moment

Na, I would have said the same thing that I'm doing with Fields. The guy did absolutely nothing, nothing against NFL quality defenders, made some atrocious throws and put the ball on the ground, and then made some plays against players not even good enough to be second rate.

Maybe you wouldn't personally, but the overall reaction would be the same. We get excited over less at times. Again, not you personally but our fan base.

Good to see the media pumping up Fields (NFL Network this morning) as if he just won his first Super Bowl. He will be brought down to earth soon enough.

Maybe you wouldn't personally, but the overall reaction would be the same. We get excited over less at times. Again, not you personally but our fan base.
I guess on the typical fans defense the highlight shows and fantasy football sites are doing nothing but rave about plays these young qbs made versus defenses composed of scrubs without a game plan.

Back
Top Bottom