Bills Classless Again | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Classless Again

Yep 1 point could come down to the securing the 1 seed or not. No telling how the tie breaks will play out in 9 weeks.
Here's the problem with that argument. If one point is so important, the odds are much higher kicking the PAT.

As to reps for a two pointer, isn't that what practice is for?

One thing I surprisingly haven't seen mentioned is how classless the Bills organization has become.

Leading 20-11, is there any other team that would go for a touchdown with roughly a minute remaining? The game was decided. Simply take the knee and the win.

This is the same Buffalo team that ran up the score in last year's season finale against the Dolphins.

At least the Marv Levy Bills were a classy team. The current version is not.

Agree somewhat. Andre Reed, C Bennett, & D Talley were not classy or tactful.

But, the spread had to be covered /s?

BS, it a game where you are all professionals and there needs to be a little respect between you. You learn a lot about people in how they act in victory and defeat and that's not a good look for the Bills.

A competition is about destroying your opponent utterly until the final whistle so that they fear coming back to play you again.

I want them to respect each other as human beings, but running up a score isn't murder l, theft, so on. Stop it if you don't like it.

Here's the problem with that argument. If one point is so important, the odds are much higher kicking the PAT.

As to reps for a two pointer, isn't that what practice is for?
Again what if they needed that 2 down the line. The league set up this instance by making points a Tie Breaker.

Yes Practice is for that, but nothing in practice can simulate a Game Rep. If it can why is there Pre-Season football?

And for the "class" part. Seems the Fins D didnt like the 2 point attempt and blew it up. They did their job on that play

I do think McDermott comes off as generally dislikeable with his sideline demeanor with his animated complaining, but it's not his job to stop his team from scoring.

I also think there is some tension between McDermott and Flores stemming back from when Flores was on the staff at NE, McDermott has rubbed our face in it enough times now for me to think there is something there.

This thread is weak, whiney, and silly. There was too much time on the clock to take a knee, and end the game. Taking a knee would have turned the ball over to the Dolphins. Even as a two score game, with only seconds left on the clock, why give the opposition the impetus to go all hail mary, onside kick, and all that nonsense? Better to slam the door shut. And, frankly, the TD was easy. The two point conversion was just practice-- invaluable game time experience.

There is also the issue of point differential, which may very well come into play for playoff seeding. It's a no brainer-- score as many points as possible. Period. This is what playoff teams do.

As far as Josh Allen waving goodbye to Wilkins-- that's on Wilkins getting in Allen's face after the play. If your player can't handle losing, they're the one being classless.

There have also been quite a few comments in this thread calling Allen, and Sean McDermott "scumbags," or other such dumbinsults. That is quite simply ignorant. A big part of the winning culture that Brandon Beane, and Sean McDermott have built in Buffalo is based on character. It matters to them in the draft, and in free agency. If a player does not have a high character-- solid work ethic, and team-first mentality-- it's a deal breaker. Both Allen, and McDermott have proven themselves to be anything but classless. They're team-first leaders both on, and off the field. They've embraced the community of Buffalo, and earned the trust of their teammates. Word.

yeah i never paid attention to how big of a whiney ass cry baby toddler Josh Allen was until that game. Guess thats what i get for actually trying to watch a game sober.

The tie breaker thing "oh we're going for 2 in case that 1 point matters at the end of the year in a random tie breaker" thats some of the dumbest **** I've ever heard anybody post, and i've been on the site closing in on 20 years. That'd be some awesome **** if they lost the tie breaker now by 1.

As far as the last touchdown, **** it, if we didnt want them to score then we should've stopped them. but the good part is, Karma is always a bitch unless you get to cheat like Brady. A

Good points. But why go for 2?

yeah i never paid attention to how big of a whiney *** cry baby toddler Josh Allen was until that game. Guess thats what i get for actually trying to watch a game sober.

The tie breaker thing "oh we're going for 2 in case that 1 point matters at the end of the year in a random tie breaker" thats some of the dumbest **** I've ever heard anybody post, and i've been on the site closing in on 20 years. That'd be some awesome **** if they lost the tie breaker now by 1.

As far as the last touchdown, **** it, if we didnt want them to score then we should've stopped them. but the good part is, Karma is always a bitch unless you get to cheat like Brady. A

Two reasons:
1: Going up by 17 ensures that even with a quick TD and recovering an onside kick, there's no way to tie the game even with two-point conversions.
It's highly improbable, but there are times in the NFL where a team has scored two TDs in less time than the Dolphins had left.

2: Practice in a real game setting.

For everyone saying no other team does that - are you new AFCE fans? Did we not watch the Patriots - even this year against the Jets - score every damn time they could no matter how out of hand a game was?

Allen's wave at the end was the only part of that series that I'd say was "unsporting." I wouldn't hold that against the Bills' coach, and agree with the scoring attempt (including running rather than passing to ensure time off the clock and at worst a short field goal.) Whether I'd have risked running my QB that's critical to the team's success is another discussion, but for all I know that was a RPO that Allen just decided to keep. Looked like he was about to throw to the TE just before he crossed the LOS.

I do think McDermott comes off as generally dislikeable with his sideline demeanor with his animated complaining, but it's not his job to stop his team from scoring.

I also think there is some tension between McDermott and Flores stemming back from when Flores was on the staff at NE, McDermott has rubbed our face in it enough times now for me to think there is something there.
Good point. There has to be something more to it. This is a Buffalo pattern now against Miami.

I never root for players to get hurt, but we're seeing McDermott use Allen the same way Newton was used in Carolina. It will catch up. Just stupid to have him out there running when it wasn't needed.

yeah i never paid attention to how big of a whiney *** cry baby toddler Josh Allen was until that game. Guess thats what i get for actually trying to watch a game sober.

Agree.

Points scored is far enough down the list that its essentially meaningless

Bullshit. It’s a men’s game and you go for the throat until the end. Don’t like it? then don’t watch it. I only wish my team was in the position to run up a score.
I actually agree with you here, you don't like do something about it.
The only part I don't like is how whiny Allen is, he's pushing Brady territory, he wants to run, often, like a RB but then he gets hit and cries like a little bitch, that I cannot stand.

If Allen had taken the exact same (clean) hit that AJ Epenesa put on Tagovailoa, he wouldn't have missed a single play, much less several games. Allen will carry the entire game on his shoulders, if need be, and he has consistently held himself accountable on, and off the field, and he always has his teammates' backs. He is anything but whiney, or childish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pointing out it was a classless move isn’t whining. You could be classy 99% of the time and still be a classy individual.
But there are fans wishing him serious injury. And there were fans doing that also after the first game.

I actually agree with you here, you don't like do something about it.
The only part I don't like is how whiny Allen is, he's pushing Brady territory, he wants to run, often, like a RB but then he gets hit and cries like a little bitch, that I cannot stand.
Name one play, in any game in Allen's career, where he has complained about a clean hit. It just does not happen.

If he gets fouled, he'll want a flag, sure. That is the competitive nature of the game. But, he puts his body on the line every game in ways that Tua can only dream about. Calling Josh Allen "whiny" is a joke.

Back
Top Bottom