Bills Classless Again | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Classless Again

Bills fans are salty/****y because their arch nemesis Derrick Henry broke his foot.

i don't care if Bills run it up. frankly, i would do the same.

i can't stand the Bills or their fans. i loved it when Brian Cox went at them.

must suck to be a Bills fan: lose four SB in a row. hahahahah.

The taunting and cowardly screaming is what was classless but I don't see what's terrible about trying to score outside of how you're needlessly risking your starters. I would be rock hard if we ran the score up on the Bills

i don't care if Bills run it up. frankly, i would do the same.

i can't stand the Bills or their fans. i loved it when Brian Cox went at them.

must suck to be a Bills fan: lose four SB in a row. hahahahah.
East coast rednecks. Buffalo is the West Virginia of New York with more Italian restaurants.

East coast rednecks. Buffalo is the West Virginia of New York with more Italian restaurants.
haha. awesome

at least we can make fun of our division foes, even if we aren't winning.

i hate to say it, but it makes me feel just a little bit better

Wow....when did Fin fans become whining little b#tches?? Uggg sometimes this fan base.... gonna be a long rest of the season.

As an Australia, the whole American-sport thing where they don't attack when the game is over is weird! We don't run down the clock in our football codes.

I never once saw Don Shula run up the score. Would love an example, but I'm sure you won't find one.

I understand it was a different era and sportsmanship looked different than it does today.

Let me ask this too. As a Buffalo fan if Allen got seriously injured on that unnecessary play, would you blame McDermott?

If Allen got seriously injured on an unnecessary play, I would absolutely blame the coaches. That play was not unnecessary, so no, I absolutely would not.

Again, the difference between 16 points and 17 points is potentially really big, a two-score game vs. a three-score game. Yeah, the odds are that it wouldn't have been an issue, but this stuff happens. You are talking to a fan of a team that suffered from the Hail Murray last year to lose a game. Bizarre stuff happens. Not often, but it absolutely does.

As for Shula not running up the score, dude, please. He loved to run up the score.

You guys tend to remember him with a halo (as I would in your place, I'm sure) but he had no problem humiliating teams that let it happen. A few examples:

9/10/78 Fins over Colts 42-0, with 14 points scored in the 4th quarter
9/24/77 Fins over Cardinals 55-14
10/19/75 Fins over Jets 43-0, with their last TD, the one getting the score to 40-0 late in the 3rd quarter coming on a 32 yard pass
11/2/75 Fins over Bears 46-13, 14 points scored in the 4th on a 58 yard pass and a 29 yard pass
11/3/74 Fins over Falcon 42-7
19/7/73 Fins over Jets 31-3
11/11/73 Fins over Colts 44-0
12/15/73 Fins over Lions 34-7

Shula had absolutely zero problem with grinding his bootheel into an opponent's face. Nor should he have. Unfortunately, the Bills were under that heel a time or two. Stop kidding yourself he was Little Orphan Annie.

Last edited:
Good point. There has to be something more to it. This is a Buffalo pattern now against Miami.

I never root for players to get hurt, but we're seeing McDermott use Allen the same way Newton was used in Carolina. It will catch up. Just stupid to have him out there running when it wasn't needed.

I suppose it is possible that there's something more there. I doubt it, but it's certainly possible.

IMO it's more likely that regularly being beaten pisses grown prideful men off. Again, I remember going oh-for-the-'70s against you guys, and you could have been the politest sweetest most sportsmanlike fellows on earth and we would still have hated your guts like poison at that point.

Upstate New York. Most dismal place in the United States.

Actually, it's gorgeous. Cold in the winter but as a skier, I loved it there.

On the other hand, last time I visited Florida for a conference, I spent the whole trip there in the airport Marriott, eating at the airport restaurants. I still remember walking through the lobby in my swimsuit going to the pool. I opened the door, took two steps outside and felt like the air had been replaced by a hot mattress, like I'd be breathing water. Turned right around and walked back in and stayed in the air conditioning the whole six days. Summer in Florida is about as inviting as Devil's Island.

Loved my October trip to the Keys a few decades ago, but I wouldn't live in Florida year-round for less than six figures.

To each their own, I guess, but upstate New York is beautiful.

Actually, it's gorgeous. Cold in the winter but as a skier, I loved it there.

On the other hand, last time I visited Florida for a conference, I spent the whole trip there in the airport Marriott, eating at the airport restaurants. I still remember walking through the lobby in my swimsuit going to the pool. I opened the door, took two steps outside and felt like the air had been replaced by a hot mattress, like I'd be breathing water. Turned right around and walked back in and stayed in the air conditioning the whole six days. Summer in Florida is about as inviting as Devil's Island.

Loved my October trip to the Keys a few decades ago, but I wouldn't live in Florida year-round for less than six figures.

To each their own, I guess, but upstate New York is beautiful.
It is really nice there, I've camped there about a 100 times, they have some of the nicest state parks around. The towns can be a little sketchy but over-all I like upstate NY

In the grand scheme of things, we really shouldn't give a rat's ass. We got way more important things to worry about as an organization regarding our performance on the field (Or lack there of) and other similar things,then what the dumbass Bills do.

One thing I surprisingly haven't seen mentioned is how classless the Bills organization has become.

Leading 20-11, is there any other team that would go for a touchdown with roughly a minute remaining? The game was decided. Simply take the knee and the win.

This is the same Buffalo team that ran up the score in last year's season finale against the Dolphins.

At least the Marv Levy Bills were a classy team. The current version is not.
Did you have a bet on the game with a handicap and that last TD blew your bet?

Back
Top Bottom