Bills expected to make Dolphins' Charles Clay a substantial offer | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills expected to make Dolphins' Charles Clay a substantial offer

Clay knows the rivalry and I understand he wants to make his cash....but honestly....I tell Clay that if you get on a plane and set foot in the Buffalo offices, be prepared to take whatever they give you because were not matching it and were pulling the transition tag.

This aint Jason Taylor were talking about here...where he bled aqua and orange and was cast off by Parcells and ended up playing for the Jets a year.

I'm not losing sleep over losing Clay at 8mil or above. I'm just not....sorry.

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Dion Sims has a higher ceiling then clay, but we will see a drop off next yr most likely.

Clay is a good player, but he is not worth that kind of money. I don't consider him an elite TE. Buffalo is going to pay him like he's a top 5 TE. For that price they can have him.

Clay is staying now; bank on it.

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 6m 6 minutes ago

Get prepared for Charles Clay to not only get an offer from the #Bills, but eventually end up living & playing for Buffalo.

I still say wait the full 7 days to match so the TE maket is tapped out by the time they know they need to find another one

Clay is staying now; bank on it.

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly · 6m 6 minutes ago

Get prepared for Charles Clay to not only get an offer from the #Bills, but eventually end up living & playing for Buffalo.
wow he went out on a limb there with the "living and playing" as opposed to living in Miami but playing for Buffalo. What an idiot.

i dont think the bills are gonna offer him 8mil more like 9mil...think about it, why would he agree to go to buffalo where they still have no proven starting QB for +/- 2 more million that he is gonna pay in taxes up there, when he could just stay in miami for almost the same $ given the differences with taxes....even if we do lose him for that much, I won't be too pissed...clearly he helped us out a lot but he is still a tweener and not a huge redzone TE that we need

Man I just hope Rex Ryan doesn't offer one of his patented foot messages!!!

I heard it was a tattoo of Clay's jersey and number as a tramp stamp.

BTW...I am from outside Buffalo, family still lives up there, sister not far from their stadium and I endured the punishment growing up as a Dolphins fan. I can tell you this, even without the state tax figured in...I WOULD TAKE $1.5 MILLION LESS TO LIVE IN MIAMI IN A HEARTBEAT, STRAIGHT UP!! (I ended up moving to FL for grad school and we are there a lot for vacation to this day)

I like Clay. However to pay him on a Jimmy Graham level is insanity. If it's well over 8 then the Bills can have him and none of us should be all that torn up about it. When he's mucking around in the snow while Cassel short arms throws to him and he's paying NY taxes he's going to wonder if the extra million was worth it.

Because they get him at 8 or 9 or whatever they offer unless we match it I think. At that point tax won't matter, it's us or them at the figure Buff presents.

Because they get him at 8 or 9 or whatever they offer unless we match it I think. At that point tax won't matter, it's us or them at the figure Buff presents.
It's up to Clay and his agent to realize and figure that out before he signs the offer sheet. Hopefully his agent is a stand up guy and informs him of the tax difference. Remember, the agent is making their fee off the total monies paid out, I don't think the taxes affect them.

It's up to Clay and his agent to realize and figure that out before he signs the offer sheet. Hopefully his agent is a stand up guy and informs him of the tax difference. Remember, the agent is making their fee off the total monies paid out, I don't think the taxes affect them.

long term deal over a 1 year deal for outweighs any tax difference for stability. Sorry.

He will sign Bills qualifying offer. And up to Fins to keep him there or not.

Vic Carucci (@viccarucci) tweeted at 6:01 PM on Tue, Mar 10, 2015:
Charles Clay is visiting Buffalo to look for potential places to live, so he's feeling positive about #Bills' chances of landing him.

Vic Carucci (@viccarucci) tweeted at 6:01 PM on Tue, Mar 10, 2015:
Charles Clay is visiting Buffalo to look for potential places to live, so he's feeling positive about #Bills' chances of landing him.

They live in homes in Buffalo??? I mean walls with cement??? Never would of thought....

Back
Top Bottom