Bills Sign Trent Sherfield | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Sign Trent Sherfield

My guess is that it was about opportunity. He was never going to be a 1 or 2 here. In Buffalo he had a chance.

I also believe he was more valuable than many here give him credit for. He was our best blocking WR and our best ST player. Berrios is a better returner but I’m not sure which guy actually provides more on STs. Sheffield was also precise in his route running and that’s valuable for spacing even on plays where he isn’t targeted. IMO he was more valuable than people realize.
I think he was valuable l, but I also believe Miami feels EE is ready to take his spot after a year learning the system and refining his route runner. EE is just a lot more physically gifted then Sherfield. EE was just a very raw especially in routes. I love that they didn't rush him. They basically treated him like a rookie QB learning the ropes behind the journey man (Sherfield). Now you can't overpay Sherfield and have him blocking the younger more talented kid and cheaper.

The Big Lebowski Whatever GIF

He did a really good job out of nowhere for us. Happy to see him earn another contract even if it's with the Bills.

That said, players like Sherfield can lock you into a certain paradox. He played too well to take off the field, but in the long run the team could have had a higher upside with a third receiver that had more tools and capability.

Those stretch games really showed the need for a skilled third option behind Hill and Waddle.

He did a really good job out of nowhere for us. Happy to see him earn another contract even if it's with the Bills.

That said, players like Sherfield can lock you into a certain paradox. He played too well to take off the field, but in the long run the team could have had a higher upside with a third receiver that had more tools and capability.

Those stretch games really showed the need for a skilled third option behind Hill and Waddle.

Beyond that it showed that we really needed different ways of attacking defenses. My biggest disappointment with McD. When Tua went down it FORCED us to integrate the running game and other tricky concepts to generate yards on offense.

Last edited:
I think this is a negative for us. Maybe the team knew it was coming in that’s why they signed Berrios.
Berrios is a major asset as a kick returner and he has been more effective as a WR in the league than Sherfield has been.
‘I liked Sherfield and would been happy to see him return but if it was between Sherfield and Berrios, I prefer Berrios.

Back
Top Bottom