Bills WR Were Open All Day | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills WR Were Open All Day

I got this fom someone who reviews the game tape and this is what he wrote:
A few observations:

1) There was only one play with nobody open in a place where Tyrod could have hit him. One. On the two plays where he threw the ball away he had a guy. The receivers were doing a good job.

I need input from a dolphins fan who re-watched the game because this is very disturbing that 3rd, 4th and 5th string WR's were open all day.

I got this from being a football fan, it's called a Defensive scheme. Not sure why you have posted that as it's irrelevant and asking for a blatant, negative reply. The best win of the season and (i presume) as a Phin fan you post that crud praising another team's play that never actually became reality in any way, shape or form. Stop typing from now. Please.
Sidenote. I don't care if their 3rd, 4th of Punter was wide open. We won so just enjoy it. Seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure why you have posted that as it's irrelevant and asking for a blatant, negative reply. The best win of the season and (i presume) as a Phin fan you post that crud praising another team's play that never actually became reality in any way, shape or form. Stop typing from now. Please.

Wow... Asking for a blatant/negative reply because of a football analysis. Buddy, this is a football forum and if I see something that can be improved regardless of a win, I will post it to have a football discussion in a football forum.

Tyrod can't read the defense. Even during the winning streak a lot of sensible bills fans realized a game like the MIA one would expose that. It's no secret at this point. The bills are in for a harsh reality after having some cupcake games the past month

He probably did have guys open. Tyrod sucks, take away his primary read and hes toast

Although this is a little dated and some starting QBs have been replaced, but it suggests (although of course it doesn't prove) that Taylor is far from the sharpest knife in the drawer.

w1zbjo.jpg

Although this is a little dated and some starting QBs have been replaced, but it suggests (although of course it doesn't prove) that Taylor is far from the sharpest knife in the drawer.

w1zbjo.jpg

So Fitzpatrick thinks too much? :lol:

And just a quick observation, all the black qb's have the 4 lowest scores including Michael Vick which is an obvious age difference from the other 3. That's interesting

And just a quick observation, all the black qb's have the 4 lowest scores including Michael Vick which is an obvious age difference from the other 3. That's interesting

Jimmy Clausen and Derek Carr are black? and Kaep, Jameis and Wilson have very respectable scores so I don't think you can make that generalization. Again these test scores, as Dan Marino's 13, (or as you point out, Fitz's perfect score) don't conclusively prove intelligence level but like QB hand-size, they can provide a cautionary warning - especially when it comes to Tyrod's generally attributed inability to read defenses.

When your best defensive player - who is the last line of defense - is out for the season, your best DB - who is a rookie - is in the sideline, and your number one CB is an overpaid, no-effort bum then this should be no surprise.

We need Howard back in a terrible way and a replacement for Maxwell asap. Luckily the defensive line was able to get in the QB's face to limit the backend of the defense's exposure.

We need to keep running the ball and converting third downs for extended drives to defense on the sideline and from being exploited.
i can't come to terms w how good Maxwell played against Antonio Brown and how bad he's played against guys like Chris Hogan. Is it effort? Is it attitude? Is he just not very good? If he's not very good, how did he do something no DB has done the last couple years to Antonio? If he can do that to Antonio, why can't he cover any JAG that lines up for any other team? Why? Why? Why???!!!

Jimmy Clausen and Derek Carr are black? and Kaep, Jameis and Wilson have very respectable scores so I don't think you can make that generalization. Again these test scores, as Dan Marino's 13, (or as you point out, Fitz's perfect score) don't conclusively prove intelligence level but like QB hand-size, they can provide a cautionary warning - especially when it comes to Tyrod's generally attributed inability to read defenses.
Marino really got a 13? I don't know anything about this score or test but looking at the distribution of scores for all these guys I'd like to think Dan just filled out his name and then handed a blank paper in to get such a low mark.

Everyone knows these test are racially biased:

"There are five cats and three dogs. Each dogs is allowed to eat one cat. How many cats are remaining?"

White answer is two.

Black answer is each dog might only eat one cat, but there's still going to be five dead mother @#$%ing cats so the answer is zero.

Depends what kind of dogs. The ones I have get their asses kicked in by our cats every time.

Taylor throws a phenomenal deep ball and when a play breaks down and he bails the pocket, he's very dangerous. But he's not a polished passer and he doesn't see the field well. He's definitely a quarterback who should benefit and become much better with experience, but he's not there yet.

With the situation in Buffalo being what it is, I suspect he won't have the chance to do so.

Now, Ryan Fitzpatrick on the other hand, just sucks.

He probably did have guys open. Tyrod sucks, take away his primary read and hes toast

Oh people were thinking that TT was good . I must have been asleep for those 3 weeks.

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

Oh people were thinking that TT was good . I must have been asleep for those 3 weeks.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is proof that a high Wonderlic score is absolutely not a measure of one's ability to play football. So is Colin Kaepernick.

Both of them make some of the dumbest ****ing decisions I've ever seen in my life with the football in their hands. And they have two of the highest scores up there.

Marino really got a 13? I don't know anything about this score or test but looking at the distribution of scores for all these guys I'd like to think Dan just filled out his name and then handed a blank paper in to get such a low mark.

That line of thinking probably would have gotten him the same scored if he "tried" to score good. Nonetheless 13 isn't close to the worse score you can get so I'm assuming he did try as there's absolutely no reason not to. The test clearly doesn't mean much looking at some who scored very low and high.

Smart can be such an overrated measure in sports. A guy can be very intelligent but not instinctual on the field. Also, a guy can be smart but still overthing things and make the wrong decision. Intelligence as traditionally thought of allows you a high capacity to learn things and understand them but doesn't really make you better at applying them. Ryan Fitzpatrick may be able to learn offensive concepts pretty well, but that doesn't mean when faced with a pass rush he won't make the momentary quick response to sling the ball into triple coverage. Intelligence isn't necessary coming into play there. And yes, I think that being intelligent he can overthink things and thus be more susceptible to choke due to pressures he places on himself. At the same time, Tyrod may not have learned how to analyze a defense. In general though he actually makes better decisions with the football when he can actually find the guy than Fitz does.

I was considered "gifted" and I'm near genius level, but I'm surprisingly mediocre at a lot of jobs despite my learning capacity because I just think so darn much. Guys half my intelligence are twice the worker I am just because their brain points themselves to the right solution to a problem a hell of a lot quicker than someone who is considering 1,000 different, all stupid solutions.

Back
Top Bottom