Blanket Coverage: Sorry Adam Gase, even you can't fix Ryan Tannehill | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blanket Coverage: Sorry Adam Gase, even you can't fix Ryan Tannehill

I disagree with most of that article. Wilson has a 5 star defense. Luck gets hurt. Tannehill has to carry this crappy team

I see Tannehill's complete lack of pocket presence or injuries.....yet I remember last year everyone was 'what's wrong with Aaron Rogers' and he was playing like crap. Common denominator? Lousy pass protection. Even the great Aaron Rogers was playing like crap without pass protection. To Roger's credit, he did figure something out because he stepped up his game even with minimal improvement from the line.

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

'pocket presence or instincts...'

I see Tannehill's complete lack of pocket presence or injuries.....yet I remember last year everyone was 'what's wrong with Aaron Rogers' and he was playing like crap. Common denominator? Lousy pass protection. Even the great Aaron Rogers was playing like crap without pass protection. To Roger's credit, he did figure something out because he stepped up his game even with minimal improvement from the line.

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

'pocket presence or instincts...'

I'm not gonna argue any aaron Rodgers has pocket presence statement in fact I'd agree but you do know that the pack threw the ball an astoundingly high percentage within 1 yard of the los to offset protection issues

This wouldn't be the same football savant "Greg A. Bedard who, for starters:

Predicted a huge Carolina SB win over the Broncos

Claimed that Elway doesn't like QBs

Calmed Eagles fans that Sanchez would be a great stand-in for an injured Foles

Supported the Tebow trade to the Jets... and then predicted a good chance of Tebow beating out Sanchez for the starting job

Chastised Elway for not offering Kaepernick Osweiller money

Predicted the 2015 Cardinals would have a 10 game losing streak and end up 5-11

???

Who knew there were more than 1 of 'em floating around :idk:

11sf12p.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Better quarterbacks have had worse OLs and WRs than we've had and still produce. I've always been enamoured with Tannehills size and arm strength, but his pocket awareness has always been his biggest issue. He hasn't improved on it since he came into the NFL and it's holding him back. His awareness in the pocket leads to more sacks and extra hits that he shouldn't be taking. Tipped passes are due to his inability to move in the pocket and find his throwing lanes. I don't see him fixing that issue this year and the question is how long do you want to wait until he finally comes around (if he ever does)?

Really name those QBs? I'll wait! Remember the league has how many teams 32? So based on your statement you should be able to name at least 10 QBs with equal or worst OL play than Miami or worst and the QB still performance much better than Tannehill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russell Wilson and Phillip Rivers have had OL that have been poor, pretty much every year Tannehill has been in the league and they still produce at high levels. It can be done. Ask yourself why hasn't Tannehill helped his OL more by buying time and finding the outlet receiver quicker? Will he ever learn to do that? Tannehill needs to develop that aspect of his game and he hasn't since he entered the league.

Another excuse thread for the Tannehill fanboys. The O-line needs to be fixed. We need better receivers. We need better running backs. We need better coaching. We need a better defense.

I've had enough of the excuses. The truth is that Tannehill needs to do the one thing that only he can do: fix his own problems and elevate his own game. The rest of these issues belong to Tannenbaum, Grier and Gace to fix.

Tannehill needs to help his OL out as well. He hasn't done that his entire career (yet). He's a part of the reason for the amount of sacks he takes and the amount of batted passes he has had. I would love if Tannehill could finally come around, but he's in year five. How much longer are we all willing to wait to see him fully develop? Or at least develop enough to help get his team wins when the defense struggles or the run game dwindles, you know the things that the good QBs can do.

Does he at times take bad sacks, sure, but far more then not, he is like a mouse in a closed vise, with nowhere to run. Tannehill has not proven to be an elite QB, but when the line gives him at least consistently average pass-blocking, he is a good QB.

Teams like the Raiders, Ravens, Giants, Jets, Colts, Redskins, Bucs... to name a few, have all won a superbowl with the type of skill set you will get with Tannehill if you just consistently block for him (I will even settle for consistently average at O-line).

Russell Wilson and Phillip Rivers have had OL that have been poor, pretty much every year Tannehill has been in the league and they still produce at high levels. It can be done. Ask yourself why hasn't Tannehill helped his OL more by buying time and finding the outlet receiver quicker? Will he ever learn to do that? Tannehill needs to develop that aspect of his game and he hasn't since he entered the league.

Russell Wilson had a beast for RB to help him out, and Rivers had a superstar TE...please tell me the Offensive superstar that Tannehill has that can take over a game (I believe Parker could eventually be that man, but for now, he is not)...Also, I wouldn't put Tannehill on the level of Wilson or Rivers yet.

I'm so tired of the idea that if Tannehill plays poorly it's because he sucks but if he plays well it's because Adam Gase fixed him. To me it's just silly and lazy thinking.

The sad thing is that our curent WR group (Parker, Landry, Stills) is the best we've had since Duper & Clayton.

I heard the same O-Line excuses when we had Chad Henne.

Well, to be honest we had O-Line issues that long. It was not until our Wildcat when we started out so badly we had a decent season. As soon as teams figured out the Wildcat, we got our asses handed to us. Tanehill is a much better QB than Henne. Back to back 4000 yard season and a 2 to 1 TD to Int rate behind sub par protection point to that for anyone who actually has common sense.

Please tell me if I'm interpreting this wrong: Cap hit to keep Tannehill: 20.3 mil. Cap hit to cut Tannehill = 3.7 million.

I don't see how this isn't just a moot point. We cut Tannehill out of pure survival. Line up Matt Moore, Doughty and a project QB next year. Who cares.

Ever since the Suh signing, which was just colossally dumb because we were more than 1 player away from Super Bowl contention (Try 10 players away), we've been on a hopeless track. We're always going to have significantly more holes than resources to fill them.
We fielded an offensive line where our depth were the guys who were hopeless failures last season, and guess what, we needed to play them and they were hopeless failures this season.
We let a starting cornerback with quickly diminished skills walk, yet traded to bring in a CB with completely diminished skills, skills that were completely overrated in the first place. We only drafted one other player for a secondary that needed a good 4 players brought in, at least. We did add another safety, but he's a middling guy at best.

Seriously, though, what's really killed this season? Offensive line, first and foremost. 30% of our defense's failures stem from the offense being unable to sustain drives and the defense wearing down quickly. Look at our points against and subtract 30% from that and then tell me how bad our defense is by the numbers alone.

Back
Top Bottom