Blanket Coverage: Sorry Adam Gase, even you can't fix Ryan Tannehill | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blanket Coverage: Sorry Adam Gase, even you can't fix Ryan Tannehill

For sure, which is why I think it is something the Fins should also incorporate because of the atrocious T play and Tannehill's ability to run. I don't disagree with you that Tannehill needs better pocket presence. What I do disagree with is that he is mainly at fault for the offensive struggles.

Fair enough. I rode the excuses like a penny pony at the mall, but at some point you realize it's not taking you anywhere despite all the solid fun it may provide to a young mind. I'm ready for a thoroughbred.

Watching Rivers, THAT's pocket pressence. The subtle movement to avoid sacks is huge and Rivers doesn't have any athletic ability :lol:

Russell Wilson has always had a running game and Strong Defense to help support him. I'm not saying that RT is a great QB, but with no OL and no running game, you can't expect much.

Watching Rivers, THAT's pocket pressence. The subtle movement to avoid sacks is huge and Rivers doesn't have any athletic ability :lol:

Rivers is also in his 13th season. He didn't have this same presence year 5...& the teams are nowhere in comparison.

Please stop comparing RT to Wilson. Russell Wilson's career is filled with examples of individual brilliance with the game on the line while on the biggest of stages. Dude might end up in Canton. The irony is that his greatest strength is his innate football IQ and natural field presence...which is Tanny's greatest weakness.

In the 1st half of the Seattle game, the Oline held up pretty well and RT couldn't move the offense. They protected him well the following week at NE, and he could do nothing in the 1st half to keep his team in the game.
He's easily replaceable IMO.

In the 1st half of the Seattle game, the Oline held up pretty well and RT couldn't move the offense. They protected him well the following week at NE, and he could do nothing in the 1st half to keep his team in the game.
He's easily replaceable IMO.

He put them in place to score 23 in Seattle...

Score in New England was 21-0 before his 4th pass left his hands...

Sooo?

Wi

Which QB had had a worse line than what Tannehill had Sunday and produced ? Me personally , I've never seen a worse o line step onto a field on Sunday so I have no idea what you're talking about . Only qb that has had an awful line and already missed a year due to injury is Andrew Luck . I can't really think of those so called " worse lines " .

You'd be hard pressed to name a line worse than what the Dolphins have put on the field . It's not about what's on paper it's about who plays Sunday's .

Sure , we have Pouncey Albert and Tunsil . Do they ever play together ? Nope . so I don't even consider That our line

We are not judging Tannehill for the Titans game in which he had the worst OL of the season. We have seen lots of battled passes, freezing inside the pockett, horrible fade throws on the endzone, slow decision making, no ability to read defense before the snap, no 4th quarter poise, no ability to exploit what defense shows, no ability to buy time with little steps, and overall no trait that makes you think he could be special. Teams have won with QB like this but it requires a TOP 3 defense to do it. And they definetelly don't pay their QB this much.

Please stop comparing RT to Wilson. Russell Wilson's career is filled with examples of individual brilliance with the game on the line while on the biggest of stages. Dude might end up in Canton. The irony is that his greatest strength is his innate football IQ and natural field presence...which is Tanny's greatest weakness.

It also nice to be able to throw FOUR interceptions against Aaron Rodgers and somehow , the best defense in the league keeps you in the game .

Tannehill throws 4 ints and he's down 28 points ,

Please , gtfo of here with this nonsense . Russell Wilson is asked to do WAYYYY less than RT. I like Wilson , Wilson is better than Tannehill.

But people who think that Wilson is this amazing QB are completely wrong .

Give Me Andrew Luck any day of the week over Wilson . You give Luck Lynch and that defense and he's winning superbowls back to back to back to back to back to........

Last year (2015), Seattle lost RB Marshawn Lynch, and then lost backup RB Thomas Rawls.

Result: Russell Wilson finished the season ranked #1 in the NFL in passer rating.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...447263-s=PASSING_PASSER_RATING&qualified=true

And Seattle still finished the year 3rd in rushing yards...

Which is because Russell Wilson is also a good runner.

If you removed Russell Wilson's 553 rushing yds (ranked #3 among all QBs for rushing yards), Seattle would have been #18 in rushing yards.

So to rephrase:

Last year (2015), Seattle lost RB Marshawn Lynch, and then lost backup RB Thomas Rawls.

Russell Wilson put the offense on his back, and finished the season ranked #1 in the NFL in passer rating, and #3 in rushing yards.

But people who think that Wilson is this amazing QB are completely wrong .

In his senior year in college (Wisconsin), Russell Wilson set the FBS college football season record for passer rating (a record that still stands today).

After his 1st 4 years in the NFL, Russell Wilson has a career passer rating over 100, and a Super Bowl ring.

Name another QB that has done that.

He put them in place to score 23 in Seattle...

Score in New England was 21-0 before his 4th pass left his hands...

Sooo?
And everytime New England scored, the Phins got the ball back and went 3 and out. RT could not even keep his team in the game or muster a decent drive. You act as if New England had back to back to back possessions.
Sooo?

And everytime New England scored, the Phins got the ball back and went 3 and out. RT could not even keep his team in the game or muster a decent drive. You act as if New England had back to back to back possessions.
Sooo?

So in each possession he had 1 opportunity to keep the drive going as we tried to establish the run...which never happened.

Look. Anyone who still wants to defend Tannehill is just flat out stupid at this point. When the Dolphins drafted this guy I didn't like the pick (check my posts). But I thought at least he was better than Chad Henne. As I have said many times, that Buffalo game at Ralph Wilson Stadium in his rookie year soured me on him and he has done nothing to change my mind since. I was one of, if not the first on here to call him a coach killer. I think it's fair to say he has now established himself as one. I am totally in favor of getting Jay Cutler in the off-season and drafting a QB in the first or second round as HIS successor.

Back
Top Bottom