Blanket Coverage: Sorry Adam Gase, even you can't fix Ryan Tannehill | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blanket Coverage: Sorry Adam Gase, even you can't fix Ryan Tannehill

So in each possession he had 1 opportunity to keep the drive going as we tried to establish the run...which never happened.

You just supported my contention that RT is just a mediocre run of the mill guy. He's not horrible, but he's not above average. His career to this point is closer to a career backup than it is to an elite QB.
In 5 yrs has he ever had an exceptional performance where he has elevated his game and his team to win in a meaningful game?
2 yrs ago he had an opportunity to propel his team to the playoffs by winning 1 out of the final 2 games against 2 teams (Bills and Jets) with losing records. Not only did the team lose both games, RT played horribly.
As some have said (and your posts support it); for RT to win everything has to be perfect around him (defense, running game, pass protection). He is incapable of making the players around him better or compensating for team deficiencies in other areas.

You just supported my contention that RT is just a mediocre run of the mill guy. He's not horrible, but he's not above average. His career to this point is closer to a career backup than it is to an elite QB.
In 5 yrs has he ever had an exceptional performance where he has elevated his game and his team to win in a meaningful game?
2 yrs ago he had an opportunity to propel his team to the playoffs by winning 1 out of the final 2 games against 2 teams (Bills and Jets) with losing records. Not only did the team lose both games, RT played horribly.
As some have said (and your posts support it); for RT to win everything has to be perfect around him (defense, running game, pass protection). He is incapable of making the players around him better or compensating for team deficiencies in other areas.

This is exactly right. I started to turn on Tannehill after those two games. Every big game he's had he played awful. He doesn't have the winner gene. He seems like a great guy but not someone you would ever lean on to take you on deep playoff runs. That's why I don't want to waste any more time with him.

The team has 2 choices. 1. Move on from RT if they have a conviction on another QB 2. Keep RT with the understanding that he has limitations and then devote the offseason and draft to build a reliable, dominant running game (Fournette) AND a badass defense.

RT can be a decent game manager with a STRONG supporting cast. Choice number 2 is more realistic since franchise QBs are few and far between.

The team has 2 choices. 1. Move on from RT if they have a conviction on another QB 2. Keep RT with the understanding that he has limitations and then devote the offseason and draft to build a reliable, dominant running game (Fournette) AND a badass defense.

RT can be a decent game manager with a STRONG supporting cast. Choice number 2 is more realistic since franchise QBs are few and far between.

I still wouldn't trust him in a high stakes situation. Regardless of supporting cast you still will have moments when you need your QB to make a big play in a critical situation. I've never seen him do it. Plus his contract is ridiculous for a game manager QB.

Russell Wilson has a OL that is bottom 1/3 in the league this year and has a 99 QB rating and 5 TD and 1 INT. He produces every year with an average (at best) to below average (most his career) OL every year.

Average to below average would be an improvement over our OLine.

Greg A Bedard:

[video=youtube;fLrpBLDWyCI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLrpBLDWyCI[/video]

Look. Anyone who still wants to defend Tannehill is just flat out stupid at this point. When the Dolphins drafted this guy I didn't like the pick (check my posts). But I thought at least he was better than Chad Henne. As I have said many times, that Buffalo game at Ralph Wilson Stadium in his rookie year soured me on him and he has done nothing to change my mind since. I was one of, if not the first on here to call him a coach killer. I think it's fair to say he has now established himself as one. I am totally in favor of getting Jay Cutler in the off-season and drafting a QB in the first or second round as HIS successor.

Wow......Jay Cutler huh?? Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The next loss they will all be back with pitch forks in hand.

The next loss they will all be back with pitch forks in hand.

They were lining up one by one halfway through the 4th quarter yesterday. Then Tannehill did what every single ####### one of them said he couldn't, every single "I've seen everything I need to see, I know QBs, I hate to break the truth to you homer apologists" ONE of them were salivating. Waiting. And then the Fins pulled it out, and...

[video=youtube;V1tmkAFb_Os]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1tmkAFb_Os[/video]

They were lining up one by one halfway through the 4th quarter yesterday. Then Tannehill did what every single ####### one of them said he couldn't, every single "I've seen everything I need to see, I know QBs, I hate to break the truth to you homer apologists" ONE of them were salivating. Waiting. And then the Fins pulled it out, and...

[video=youtube;V1tmkAFb_Os]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1tmkAFb_Os[/video]

LOL....Love the Keyser Soze reference. My favorite movie.

It's strange how many of the posters that were in the beginning of this thread and also started multiple threads or made comments about Tannehill being terrible or whatever have been absent these last 5 weeks.

Is bashing Tannehill the only thing that brings them here to post i told you so's.

Whatever happened to the "every Tannehill throw" threads that would pop up every week after a loss. I don't think I've seen one since Pittsburgh. Was the purpose of the thread to provide analysis or nitpick? Strange coincidence if you ask me.

He hasn't fixed tannehill yet but he certainly improved him.

But more importantly he knows what he has to do to win with him.

Back
Top Bottom