Blanket Coverage: Sorry Adam Gase, even you can't fix Ryan Tannehill | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blanket Coverage: Sorry Adam Gase, even you can't fix Ryan Tannehill

I'd love a new QB on the team b/c it will at least let us know if the OL really is bad or if the QB himself needs to GTFO.

Moot point indeed. Tannehill is gone after this season. That's just way too much money to pay for an average QB.

Russell Wilson had a beast for RB to help him out, and Rivers had a superstar TE...please tell me the Offensive superstar that Tannehill has that can take over a game (I believe Parker could eventually be that man, but for now, he is not)...Also, I wouldn't put Tannehill on the level of Wilson or Rivers yet.

Have you ever thought of the possibly that it's Tannehill preventing players from becoming the elites they could be if they had better a QB? Landry is very talented and he still just scratching the surface of his ability. Besides, BOTH Rivers and Wilson prodice and neither has offensive superstars or great OL right now. Tannehill is what he is, an average QB still developing and who may never develop.

I'm so tired of the idea that if Tannehill plays poorly it's because he sucks but if he plays well it's because Adam Gase fixed him. To me it's just silly and lazy thinking.

when did he play well??? A half against the pats down a few TDs after 3 and out after 3 and out?

As long as a lie runs parallel to the truth people believe it.

Better quarterbacks have had worse OLs and WRs than we've had and still produce. I've always been enamoured with Tannehills size and arm strength, but his pocket awareness has always been his biggest issue. He hasn't improved on it since he came into the NFL and it's holding him back. His awareness in the pocket leads to more sacks and extra hits that he shouldn't be taking. Tipped passes are due to his inability to move in the pocket and find his throwing lanes. I don't see him fixing that issue this year and the question is how long do you want to wait until he finally comes around (if he ever does)?

I wish people would stop saying this, and if you do say it at least provide evidence of such. Which quarterback has been sacked as much as he has and been successful? The answer is more than likely close to zero

OK, this is not freaking rocket science. Tannehill has bad natural instincts and to make matters worse our o-line is complete garbage. Worst in the league garbage.

OK, this is not freaking rocket science. Tannehill has bad natural instincts and to make matters worse our o-line is complete garbage. Worst in the league garbage.

Nicely put. And, I'd like to add that the style of offense run under Philbin and Gase is not helping to hide Tannehill's faults. Tannehill will never carry a team to the playoffs, but if you give him a dominating o-line full of road-graders and a strong running game then the team may carry Tannehill to the playoffs. This throw first (with short passes the majority) mentality is the reason why Tannehill gets a lot of yardage, but it's not producing wins. That said, I'm not a fan of Tannehill. IMO, a team with a great o-line and running game can be successful no matter if they have a Dan Marino at QB or a game manager.

Crap ownership, crap management, crap recruitment, crap coaching, crap draft, crap players showing crap in pre season and playing crap in main games....repeat. THE modern day Miami Dolphins. New but never improved.

Lol at the troll being the first to like the thread.

I don't think many people on this forum understand how Seattle's blocking scheme helps Wilson escape. I remember hearing how the linemen took wider splits in the past to create running/passing lanes for him but today Kirwin on NFL network gave some real insight on what they do. He said that Bevel and Carroll actually have the C/G's try to slide the tackles one way or the other during pass protection so that when the pocket breaks down Wilson knows exactly where is running/escape lane is supposed to be. He said they do it almost EVERY passing play and that it's really helped Wilson escape when the protection breaks down. Not a bad idea.

Lol at the troll being the first to like the thread.

I don't think many people on this forum understand how Seattle's blocking scheme helps Wilson escape. I remember hearing how the linemen took wider splits in the past to create running/passing lanes for him but today Kirwin on NFL network gave some real insight on what they do. He said that Bevel and Carroll actually have the C/G's try to slide the tackles one way or the other during pass protection so that when the pocket breaks down Wilson knows exactly where is running/escape lane is supposed to be. He said they do it almost EVERY passing play and that it's really helped Wilson escape when the protection breaks down. Not a bad idea.

You are aware that it is possible for Cable to scheme wide splits in passing sets AND slide protection at the same time, right?

Because the Seahawks offense most certainly does both.

From 2015, weeks 7 & 14 respectively.

[vine]5X2gZ2bOhDv[/vine]

[vine]5X2gVJP1g2B[/vine]

Last edited by a moderator:
You are aware that it is possible for Cable to scheme wide splits in passing sets AND slide protection at the same time, right?

For sure, which is why I think it is something the Fins should also incorporate because of the atrocious T play and Tannehill's ability to run. I don't disagree with you that Tannehill needs better pocket presence. What I do disagree with is that he is mainly at fault for the offensive struggles.

Back
Top Bottom