Blount is a FA we should go after,,,, | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Blount is a FA we should go after,,,,

how many patriots players and coaches have gone to other teams and amounted to much? As if someone on our team is smarter than BB. BB doesn't let players leave that have value. if blount leaves, then you can bet it's because BB KNOWS something about him that the rest of the league doesn't.

His cost just skyrocketed. Besides, the PATS can make anyone look good. Even Matthew Mulligan..lol

Blount's been consistent his whole career. He was really good at Tampa Bay too. I would love to have that physical mentality on our team. He's a lot like Marshawn Lynch.

250 lb. RB. Doesnt go down on initial hit. Fights for every yard. Great in crappy weather. A little older now, a little wiser?

Are we going to judge Mckinney on his past too?

The problem with Blount doesn't have anything to do with physical capabilities. He's always had talent, regardless if you like his running style or not. His problem is his temper; he doesn't play well with others. Belichick has a way of getting guys to buy in, thus getting the most out of their physical assets. Can Joe and staff do that? Can they even keep Blount from punching teammates (because Chip Kelly, Jeff Fisher, and Greg Schiano couldn't)?

I'm going with a pass on Blount, even though he's a Duck and I love Ducks. If you're looking for that type of runner go after Gerhardt.

That's not exactly what I'd call a thorough personnel evaluation.

Signing LeGarrette Blount is buying high on a straight ahead plodder without much lateral wiggle. He reminds me a lot of Peyton Hilis, actually. Similar skill sets. You guys really must not be watching the same game I'm watching, where Blount is feasting on wide open running lanes where he isn't even being touched until he gets to the second level. A back like him is always going to thrive when he's given the chance to bully corners and safeties once he has a head of steam. The challenge is getting him there.

If we signed him he'd find a much different kind of sledding trying to dodge tacklers in the backfield. Lots of carries where he takes a few tentative steps toward the line, tries a pitiful juke, and then he goes down timidly. Meanwhile Dolphins fans are mystified he isn't galloping through the secondary.

The story of this game is the New England Patriot offensive line. It's maybe the most underrated unit in the league, even though it features multiple high round picks. With Brady and Belichick around there aren't too many column inches to go around, I guess.

Tied an NFL postseason record with 4 TDs. Call it bull**** all you want, I'd like to see a Dolphin RB get 4 TDs in a game, any game.

I think we look for a 230 lb plus thunder type back after rd 4 in the draft!

Tied an NFL postseason record with 4 TDs. Call it bull**** all you want, I'd like to see a Dolphin RB get 4 TDs in a game, any game.

Ok, then. It's bull****. :lol:

I'd love to see a Dolphins RB get 4 TDs. No question. But I honestly don't know how people could have watched that game and thought it was Blount really doing most of the work. He had one long TD where he wasn't touched and the rest were from the two yard line. It's box score hindsight.

Ok, then. It's bull****. :lol:

I'd love to see a Dolphins RB get 4 TDs. No question. But I honestly don't know how people could have watched that game and thought it was Blount really doing most of the work. He had one long TD where he wasn't touched and the rest were from the two yard line. It's box score hindsight.

Ya but it's also not just one game (although some may be judging him on tonight), he's been consistently solid in the league. I don't think that's disputable.

Dante scharneccia is the best offensive line coach in football, has been for 2 decades, its why hes stick through the last 4 pats head coaches.

New England does have my opinion by far the best o-line techniques in the league. They don't make many mistakes. Blount is a great back as well. Lamar Miller needs to learn off him, I would love to see Blount with Miami. I would like to see the RB from Florida State or UCF come to Miami as well.

Back
Top Bottom