Booker to Cheeseheads? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker to Cheeseheads?

umpalu

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Yes I have very few posts and I know how you guys jump on that, but I have been on this site for like 6 or 7 months now like 4 times a day so I am not new to it, just don't post very often so lay off lol.

With that said, what about seeing what the Pack would be interested in giving us for him. The facts are, Booker is a past and potential probowler, his contract blows up next year maybe to much for us with the talented younglings we have, walker is gone, Driver can be a #1 target, but better as #2, Booker is proven #1, The Pack isn't quite desperate but with Favre needing to win now the pressure might be on. I say get a 2nd in next years draft and run with it. First won't happen. If we can make a Superbowl run this year I say keep him, but unlikely and we build for the future. Get it while the value is high and the situation is right.

OK bring it.

No, I think we need booker this year. IMO Chambers did nothing to show he is a true #1 yet. Besides, what do you think GB would even give us? Probably NOT a 1st. EVEN if it was a first round pick, I don't expect them to finish poorly. Thus it would be a LATE first. Then we would have to draft a WR anyway.

I think we should keep all our starters and just play the next game.

Trading Booker would make us shaky at an otherwise strong position. It's a long season, injuries are likely to occur, our depth would be squandered with such a move.

Packers are going to sign Pathon.

Not too long ago, we were looking at Price, which leads me to believe Linehan wants even more talent at WR, not less. Why would we get rid of our leading WR?

it will take several games before he would even know the system enough to be productive.

GB is going NOWHERE this year. they have no O-Line and no real defense. loosing a very good WR hurt, but i didnt expect much anyway.

now also think about farve. i dont think he will play next season, and if he does, i still think they SUCK. its time to rebuild. and you dont trade high draft picks for old, "past their prime" WRs, even if hes still good.

you might get a call, but i think GB needs all their 1st day picks. and there is no way in hell the fins take a 2nd day pick for a starting WR.

inFINSible said:
I think we should keep all our starters and just play the next game.

Trading Booker would make us shaky at an otherwise strong position. It's a long season, injuries are likely to occur, our depth would be squandered with such a move.

These threads are such a waste of time.....trade everybody!:lol:

DreamWeaver said:
These threads are such a waste of time.....trade everybody!:lol:
lol.. why not trade gus? his stock wont get any higher than it is right now. maybe the redskins.... :rofl3: :goof:

ch19079 said:
it will take several games before he would even know the system enough to be productive.

GB is going NOWHERE this year. they have no O-Line and no real defense. loosing a very good WR hurt, but i didnt expect much anyway.

now also think about farve. i dont think he will play next season, and if he does, i still think they SUCK. its time to rebuild. and you dont trade high draft picks for old, "past their prime" WRs, even if hes still good.

you might get a call, but i think GB needs all their 1st day picks. and there is no way in hell the fins take a 2nd day pick for a starting WR.

i agree with everything but how are you calling marty booker past his prime? he just turned 29

Oboy said:
No, I think we need booker this year. IMO Chambers did nothing to show he is a true #1 yet. Besides, what do you think GB would even give us? Probably NOT a 1st. EVEN if it was a first round pick, I don't expect them to finish poorly. Thus it would be a LATE first. Then we would have to draft a WR anyway.
You know what I agree that pass he drop which would've been a TD ELITE players don't drop those so that tells me he's still teeter tottering on being GOOD or ELITE!!!

arsenal said:
i agree with everything but how are you calling marty booker past his prime? he just turned 29
im jsut saying hes not young. and hes not a #1 WR anymore. not as good as he once was. but hes still good. i dont see GB traiding a high draft pick for that type of player, when they can take a gamble on a draft pick any maybe get the next J. Rice..... (or the next bust :( ).

ch19079 said:
lol.. why not trade gus? his stock wont get any higher than it is right now. maybe the redskins.... :rofl3: :goof:

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:
For a jills fan, you have some pretty fresh posts.

We have had a predictable passing game for years. Finally we get some quality WRs with a good OC that is willing to take shots and your already trying to trade away one of our best offensive players. It just doesnt make sense what are we really gonna be able to get for Booker a third. How many 3rd picks come in and can play at the same level Marty already plays at.

umpalu said:
Yes I have very few posts and I know how you guys jump on that, but I have been on this site for like 6 or 7 months now like 4 times a day so I am not new to it, just don't post very often so lay off lol.

With that said, what about seeing what the Pack would be interested in giving us for him. The facts are, Booker is a past and potential probowler, his contract blows up next year maybe to much for us with the talented younglings we have, walker is gone, Driver can be a #1 target, but better as #2, Booker is proven #1, The Pack isn't quite desperate but with Favre needing to win now the pressure might be on. I say get a 2nd in next years draft and run with it. First won't happen. If we can make a Superbowl run this year I say keep him, but unlikely and we build for the future. Get it while the value is high and the situation is right.

OK bring it.
Nice try, Mr. Boston... :hmph:

Brad528 said:
We have had a predictable passing game for years. Finally we get some quality WRs with a good OC that is willing to take shots and your already trying to trade away one of our best offensive players. It just doesnt make sense what are we really gonna be able to get for Booker a third. How many 3rd picks come in and can play at the same level Marty already plays at.

:yeahthat:
Very well stated. Might as well trade Zach also with the emergence of Crowder....

Back
Top Bottom