Boomer's Top 15 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer's Top 15

Not really. I had issues with his hands, but he made a lot of improvement last year and I think the hips issue which I mentioned in post 1 is a reason why at times he gets moved back, but he's always seemed in control of that situation. I think using his hands better will alleviate much of that. I mean he has such a strong base and his feet and knee bend is excellent. Just some technique refinery.
I know its early but how would you rate Jake Long. Do you think hes a better prospect then Thomas? Do you think he would have ranked high in this years draft?

Good stuff Boomer.

This may just be me but I think Joe Staley's better than Levi Brown at least in terms of upside.

Agreed 100%.

I suppose Ginn would qualify at this spot if he's healthy. Maybe it's the sour taste of Yatil Green in my mouth but until he shows he's fully healthy before the draft, I have my reservations.

Regan, two points.

1) Staley's upside is bigger than Browns. But his downside is bigger too.

2) Don't forget, Yatil Green tore two ACL's. Ginn has been injury free for 7 years, apart from an act of stupidity by a teammate.

Great stuff Boom as usual. Cant say I disagree about much really. Love Quinn and Ginn as well. Quinn is just a pure QB and everything you could want. Any chance the Phins could get him, and they need to take it-within reason, lets not pull a "trade our draft for Ricky" type thing.
Ginn is very underrated by many people on this board. It seems hes often just characterized as a "fast" WR. Lets get this straight. Hes not fast, hes faster than anyone else. And not just that, he PLAYS that fast! It seems everyone else is playing in slo-mo when hes around. Not to mention his ST ability. Sure hes a little raw, but he can still come in and be an effective day 1 starter and STILL have a massive ceiling to reach-scary! Hes quite simply a game changing player.
I have a few reservations about the ankle, but then again, its just an ankle sprain. Some of those things can take a long time to heal, but unlike a fracture its not a recurring thing. If the docs check him out Im good.

Im not sure what to think about Leon Hall. He got absolutely torched by Ginn, and then again by Jarrett in his two biggest games. Not exactly a great resume. Id seriously look to put Houston (the just SHUT DOWN Jarrett) ahead of him.

Willis I have reservations about. For a guy supposedly SO good, why dont you seem to hear more about him? Is he just an under the radar guy, is the talent in this draft just THAT deep, or am I just looking in the wrong spots? Before workouts I was seeing his name in the late first, not top 10.

And as for David Carr, well, I wouldnt place to much on him. Just dont think he has it. Hes better than Joey, but thats not saying much. Granted his team wasnt a bunch of all-pros, and he was accurate, but he did have a few playmakers, and he was in a system built for accuracy. WHen I watched him (as I did most weeks living in Houston forced to watch the local game ugh ...) he just never impressed. Not a big leader, not a rise to the occassion guy, just cant seem to put together momentum. At best with a good supporting cast he will be an average starter, but thats all. Still think the Raiders should take CJ though.

Whatever, good stuff Boom, thanks for popping into the draft forum to update us Non-VIPers once in awhile, much appreciated :)

Thanks.

Yeah, there's a chance Miami gets Quinn, but it depends on a lot of chips falling our way. That or just how much bounty Cam is willing to give up to go get him. He could easily be off the board in the 1st 15 minutes. But if he gets to Arizona/Washinton, then it's game on.

Good stuff as always, man. I'm glad to see you putting Revis ahead of Hall too. I am wondering when the guys like Kiper are going to make the switch. Hypothetically speaking, if Ginn Jr. were gone, would you like Revis as the pick? Is he too much of a reach at #9? Do you think CB is enough of a need area to warrant the pick?

Oh, and congrats to your boys today. They gave my Gunners a pounding. I think this year is making up for our undefeated season. I can't remember ever being more disappointed with the team. And what makes it all worse is that we're 2-0 against Man U. How does that happen?

Thanks. I think Hall is safe. Probably not going to be a Champ Bailey or a Chris McCalister or an Antoine Winfield or a Lito Shepperd. But he'll give you a decade of solidity.

Yes I'd like Revis as the pick. He has great CB ability and can return kicks.

It was a hammering wasn't it? Builds us up nicely for PSV this week and next.

C'mon. I definitely can't agree with the Carr being a "win" situation?

Carr is Joey Harrington with a worst decision making ability. People here have nailed Culpepper to a cross about his "not making quick reads"...Carr is worst.

You can't blame Carr's sacks on his OL and Culpepper's on his slow reads. Carr obviously is a sack artist "and" interception artist because of his slow decision making.

I don't see OAK signing Carr. And I totally disagree with your "emotionally" based dislike for Russell.

Russell is the consensus top pick overall. Stop hatin Boom.

I guess he's a hater too...:rolleyes2

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10097800

Very, very nice work...I have to applaud you for not simply piggybacking on any one of the 500 "top prospects" lists that are basically the same list.

I guess I really like your list because I think, although for some reason the rest of the draft gurus disagree, your top 4 are dead - on...it's almost common sense that the top 4 should look like that IMO.

;)

Nice read, but.. Why Branch so low?

Because when I watch him, he can disappear for far too long and when he plays I've seen some very worrying traits to his game. Watch for example, the OSU game, manned up against Doug Datish. Time and again, Datish would take Branch out of the hole, allowing Pittman to burst through the hole vacated by him. He would play too high, Datish would engage and then turn him far too easily, allowing Pittman in the backside. Time and again, Datish would get Branch moving sideways down the LOS and away from the ball carrier. And it wasn't just that game either. Ryan Kalil did just the same thing.

His work ethic is very questionable and when he wears down, as he does, he gets awfully sloppy, he leans at the waist, he lunges and he just gets too inconsistent. When he's on, he's on, but he's not always on. Hence the fall in my book.

I know its early but how would you rate Jake Long. Do you think hes a better prospect then Thomas? Do you think he would have ranked high in this years draft?

I don't think he's better than Thomas. I'm sort of underwhelmed on him. I prefer Sam Baker on the left, I think the kid at Maryland can be special, I like the Richardson kid from Clemson and Clady at Boise State can be special and on the right side, Gosder Cherilus is a guy I've liked for ages. He's a good player, but for me, his senior year is critical.

I don't think he's better than Thomas. I'm sort of underwhelmed on him. I prefer Sam Baker on the left, I think the kid at Maryland can be special, I like the Richardson kid from Clemson and Clady at Boise State can be special and on the right side, Gosder Cherilus is a guy I've liked for ages. He's a good player, but for me, his senior year is critical.

Jared Gaither?

I'm not sold on Quinn being the 3rd best player Boomer...and here's why;

Prior to Weiss....Quinn was at best an average QB...first season he had a 47% comp average....his second season he had a 54% comp average....then Weiss comes into the picture...and his play gets better....but what happens now that Weiss isn't there....looking over him....does he stay to the good side or does he cross over to the dark side again?

This draft reminds me of one a couple years ago....remember Smith and Rodgers....which one is the lesser evil? Once Notre Dame may have been a great football team...but they haven't been great for many years now. I don't want you to get me wrong on Quinn...he has plenty of talent....but it wasn't him getting that talent out...it was Weiss. I wouldn't be unhappy if the Dolphins draft him with the 9th pick...but I wouldn't reach for him any higher.

Back
Top Bottom