Boomer's Top 15 | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer's Top 15

That was a great read!

I dissagree with having Patrick Willis in the top 5......

*sure he was a starter as a true freshmen
*I believe he won the butkus award last year (most outstanding LB award)
*he could probably play inside or outside in the NFL
*he had over a 130 tackles or something crazy...(that's got to be in the top 5 or so in the nation for tackles)

BUT

The boy went to Mississippi!!!!!

That is a down fall that puts him drafted much later as far as I'm concerned! Shoot I wouldn't draft a Mississippi man EVER!

:p

That was a great read!

*he had over a 130 tackles or something crazy...(that's got to be in the top 5 or so in the nation for tackles)

BUT

That is a down fall that puts him drafted much later as far as I'm concerned! Shoot I wouldn't draft a Mississippi man EVER!

someone made the point last night Lappy that there is nothing wrong with the talent he was playing against, and he dominated...

someone made the point last night Lappy that there is nothing wrong with the talent he was playing against, and he dominated...

Exactly. When all is said and done, I think the SEC is the premier conference in the country. I always trust grunt players (OL, DL, LBs) coming out of the SEC. The level of competition is just far superior. There are no weak teams in the SEC (even my Vanderbilt Commodores play tough). Every team fields meat on the line. That is why I have no doubt that Arron Sears would be a solid pick.

I agree the talent is fine and man he did dominate! and I guess my sarcasm doesn't read that well.......

BUT he went to Mississippi! :goof:

MISSISSIPPI!

maybe my summers as a gouber in the Peanut festival while visiting family in West Virginia has something to do with my hatred for Mississippi men! :tongue:

I know... I hate myself for letting them make me participate as a gouber. We all have our acts of Nerd.

but seriously, he's going to be unbelievable in the NFL like I said I think he could play inside or out. He's got the speed to play side line to sideline that is fo sho!

Marty,

You watch the rest of that game?

But the two season before Weiss was his Freshman and Sophmore year do you expect him to be All-american.

Yes....if your going to pay a high price for a QB....i expect him to be alot better than one that only can get a 47 or 54% comp rating. Again...lets remember Weiss isn't going to be him....when he plays in the NFL.

Pete, I'm sorry, but your argument makes no sense whatsoever, but you keep repeating it over and over so I have to comment. Do you not think Quinn retained anything that Weis told him? Do you think Weis told him before every pass he ever made who to throw to? Or which audibles to make?

If your argument holds any water, than why is Tom Brady still playing well w/out Weis? Could it be because he remembers and uses what Weis taught him? Hmmm

Pete, I'm sorry, but your argument makes no sense whatsoever, but you keep repeating it over and over so I have to comment. Do you not think Quinn retained anything that Weis told him? Do you think Weis told him before every pass he ever made who to throw to? Or which audibles to make?

If your argument holds any water, than why is Tom Brady still playing well w/out Weis? Could it be because he remembers and uses what Weis taught him? Hmmm

Or is it that Brady was an over-looked QB that was taken in the 6th round? I guess we'll find out sooner or later.

That was a great read!

BUT

Glad you were joking, because I was about to change your mind for ya! :D

Anyway, Mississippi was named the nation's best football state in '06:

The award salutes Mississippi as the nation’s top football state following a study conducted by The Wharton Spots Business Initiative at the University of Pennsylvania. The project encapsulated a variety of per capita criteria including, the percentages of collegiate and professional football fans, number of NFL players who hail from the state, percentage of high school football players in the state and percentage of high school players who have letters-of-intent to play for NCAA Division I-A colleges and universities.

http://www.usafootball.com/articles...mississippi-tabbed-as-best-football-state.php

Here are just a few Mississippians that play(ed) in the NFL. Let me know if you have heard of them:

- Walter Payton
- Jerry Rice
- Steve McNair
- Lance Alworth
- Brett Favre
- Archie Manning
- L.C. Greenwood
- Jackie Slater
- Hugh Green
- Eric Moulds
- Deuce McAllister

And just for you, Lappy, here are a few more somewhat famous Mississippians:

- Oprah Winfrey
- Morgan Freeman
- Medgar Evers
- James Earl Jones
- Sela Ward
- Bo Diddley
- Muddy Waters
- Eudora Welty
- LeAnn Rimes
- Faith Hill
- Jimmy Buffett
- B.B. King
- Some dude named Elvis
- Jim Henson
- William Faulkner
- Robin Roberts (Yeah, THAT Robin Roberts)
- Tennessee Williams
- Howlin' Wolf
- and last, but not least, the blues' most notorious: Robert Johnson

.......just to name a few. This state is one of the most influential states in the US when it comes to cultural icons. Hell, I didn't even name half of the blues artists from here. Have I changed your mind about PO' DUNK Mississippi, Lappy???

Yes....if your going to pay a high price for a QB....i expect him to be alot better than one that only can get a 47 or 54% comp rating. Again...lets remember Weiss isn't going to be him....when he plays in the NFL.

Please list me a QB who in this freshman and sophmore year posted up huge numbers

But Notre Dame were a very bad football team with a very good schedule when Quinn was thrown into the fire as a freshman. I think it's pretty harsh to use that against him. And by the same argument, you could say that Tom Brady was lucky to fall on his feet and that he's simply a product of the Weis system. Weis runs a hybrid Erhardt - Perkins system. Cameron runs a sort of cross between that and the Zampese system.

Geez, Boomer, how much football do you know? Are those football systems or can I pick winning lotto numbers with 'em too? :D Unfortunately I'm stuck in basketball country. I can break down a flex/motion offense, show you how to run a 1-3-1 zone trap, etc. but I don't know jack about football offense.

As always, excellent thread Boomer!!:)

Glad you were joking, because I was about to change your mind for ya! :D

Anyway, Mississippi was named the nation's best football state in '06:

http://www.usafootball.com/articles...mississippi-tabbed-as-best-football-state.php

Here are just a few Mississippians that play(ed) in the NFL. Let me know if you have heard of them:

- Walter Payton
- Jerry Rice
- Steve McNair
- Lance Alworth
- Brett Favre
- Archie Manning
- L.C. Greenwood
- Jackie Slater
- Hugh Green
- Eric Moulds
- Deuce McAllister

And just for you, Lappy, here are a few more somewhat famous Mississippians:

- Oprah Winfrey
- Morgan Freeman
- Medgar Evers
- James Earl Jones
- Sela Ward
- Bo Diddley
- Muddy Waters
- Eudora Welty
- LeAnn Rimes
- Faith Hill
- Jimmy Buffett
- B.B. King
- Some dude named Elvis
- Jim Henson
- William Faulkner
- Robin Roberts (Yeah, THAT Robin Roberts)
- Tennessee Williams
- Howlin' Wolf
- and last, but not least, the blues' most notorious: Robert Johnson

.......just to name a few. This state is one of the most influential states in the US when it comes to cultural icons. Hell, I didn't even name half of the blues artists from here. Have I changed your mind about PO' DUNK Mississippi, Lappy???

Well i recognize Oprah but the rest:wink: on a side note I didn't know that there was that many HOF that came out of Mississippi

Or is it that Brady was an over-looked QB that was taken in the 6th round? I guess we'll find out sooner or later.

WTF are you on man? Your argument is just bunk. Whether he was overlooked or not, he is still a product of Weiss' system. And guess what, hes still doing pretty damn well!!
And even assuming for some bizzarre reason Brady (Quinn) forgets everything Weiss taught him, Cam is also, oh yeah, a damn good QB coach.

The key word here is "coach." A coach, well, coaches! He teaches. Not just implant a chip in someones head then remove it when the player moves on. Seriously, yours is the stupidest argument for not taking Quinn yet.

Whatever, your opinion. I assume youll be changing it when he starts lighting up the league.

WTF are you on man? Your argument is just bunk. Whether he was overlooked or not, he is still a product of Weiss' system. And guess what, hes still doing pretty damn well!!
And even assuming for some bizzarre reason Brady (Quinn) forgets everything Weiss taught him, Cam is also, oh yeah, a damn good QB coach.

Not to mention the similarities between Cam's offense and Weis's. Other than New England, we're the perfect match for Quinn.

Back
Top Bottom